Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Gates Of Hell

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Gawd this was an ancient topic ...

#32    Guest_Dogpupkus_*

Guest_Dogpupkus_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

Bump... Does anyone know if this place still exists, my friend was telling me about this today.  If anyone knows, it would be helpfull =)

#33    ghosttracker

ghosttracker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

if you want to know where it is i can take you there. i've been there a few times. i don't think you would come back alive.........

I've looked on the web but I can only find very little informations of them.

Very briefly, the most popular beleif is that they are in Pennsylvania near the old mental hospital (in the long driveway actually). Apparently many patients escaped and died in the woods. So I now have numerous questions:

Did the gate legend originated from the mental hospital's story (ie. patients died and haunt the place making it hell in some sort of a way) or they suppose that those deaths are actually associated with them gates (ie. patients died because they unintentionally crossed the gates)?

I've also read that the gates of hell are the big red gates in from of the hospital but also heard they were 7 gates so are there 7 gates (including the big red ones) or only one? And if there are 7 is the big red one of them? Sort of confusing...

So far I've read something about the 7 gates that looked like this (excuse my poor memory):

Gate 1- Demonic dogs will come to guard.
Gate 2- You see ghosts/spirits.
Gate 3- You see more and more spirits.
Gate 4- You see demons.

And to this date, supposedly nobody went past the 5th gate. Apparently, anyone who was brave enough to go throught the 4th one despite all what they saw and felt either died or never returned except for one who was greatly traumatized.

Thanks, I am very interested in this legend. I don't really beleive in hell BUT I do beleive in ghosts, haunting and evil entities.

#34    Guest_Dogpupkus_*

Guest_Dogpupkus_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Unfortantly, i heard that some, if not all of the gates were destroyed/knocked down, but I guess its still a cool place to go

#35    Cazee

Cazee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Im a Freakin Greenlander :D :P

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

that story spooked me out...no sleep tonight sad.gif...well im off school tomorrow so Gnight anyone!

JN said:

GHOSTS ARE PEOPLE TOO..
Yep your right bro

#36    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

http://hissheep.org/messages/48_hours_in_hell.html
I always liked this story bec  I had found the pamphlet outside.
I do hear alot of strange stories about the Gates Of Hell like the one about having children afflicting the damned at an Gate. Hell&Heaven is what u make of it...be positive.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#37    RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Psychic Spy

• 1,424 posts

• Most people can hear; however, how many really listen?

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:33 AM

Think I would take some photos from a distance. Sounds like that can be a very active place. Wonder if it is patrolled any?

Posted Image

#38    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:50 AM

[quote name='JayMark' date='Jun 10 2005, 07:49 PM' post='667900']
Kurnugi (Sumerian for 'land of no return'). It is presided over by Ereshkigal and Nergal. Within the house of Irkalla (Nergal), the house of darkness, the house of Ashes, no one ever exits. "They live on dust, their food is mud; their clothes are like birds' clothes, a garment of wings, and they see no light, living in blackness." It is full of dust and mighty kings serve others food. In Ereshkigal's court, heroes and priests reside, as well as Sumuqan and Belit-tseri. The scorpion-people guard the gates in the mountain to the underworld which Shamash uses to enter and exit. There are seven gates, through which one must pass. At each gate, an adornment or article of clothing must be removed. The gates (gatekeepers?) are named: Nedu, (En)kishar, Endashurimma, (E)nuralla, Endukuga/Nerubanda, Endushuba/Eundukuga, and Ennugigi. Beyond the gates are twelve double doors, wherein it is dark. Siduri waits there by the waters of death, beyond which, is the Land of the Living, where Utnapishtim and his wife dwell. Shamash and Utnapishtim's boatman, Urshanbi, can cross the waters. Egalginga, the everlasting palace, is a place where Ishtar was held.source
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like there were seven gates instead of nine.   grin2.gif

Posted Image

#39    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ AVATAR Korra

• 8,262 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

I've read about this place in my book. I find it very interesting. I want to check the place out myself with a few friends of mine. And I want to see the burned down building. (Yes, I'm guttsy enough to try it.)

Stull Cemetry is another place I find far more interesting then the others. Only because The Devil claims to go there twice a year. And the first time already passed. The reason why the old church was knocked down because someone ruined it. And they say the portal to Heck is under where the church was. ^^ The gates to the old burned down building is now just one. They have took down the others leaving one.

The other cemetry is a somewhat gate. Only because there isn't 'enough proof' for it to be haunted. But I saw pictures of the place & they spotted out ghosts in the pictures. And kinda highlighted the spots. But was found at a website which I lost.

My friend said that someone came into her classroom. (Before she transfarred into my old school.) Went there to all Gates (the different locations) & found objects then finally went to the final gate. But that's all she said really. ^^; Sorry. <---- Since we're talking about it.

#40    kitco

kitco

Psychic Spy

• 1,101 posts

• " WE COME IN"
    │▒│ /▒/
    │▒│/▒/
    │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
    │▒│▒|▒│▒│
    ┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
    ...│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
    └┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
    └┐▒▒▒▒┌

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

OPEN THE GATES TO HELL!!
this might help..... www.mohradio.com

A LIFE OF MYSTERIE IS BETTER THEN SIMPLICITY. - kitco

#41    L80bug

L80bug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

I've looked on the web but I can only find very little informations of them.

Very briefly, the most popular beleif is that they are in Pennsylvania near the old mental hospital (in the long driveway actually). Apparently many patients escaped and died in the woods. So I now have numerous questions:

Did the gate legend originated from the mental hospital's story (ie. patients died and haunt the place making it hell in some sort of a way) or they suppose that those deaths are actually associated with them gates (ie. patients died because they unintentionally crossed the gates)?

I've also read that the gates of hell are the big red gates in from of the hospital but also heard they were 7 gates so are there 7 gates (including the big red ones) or only one? And if there are 7 is the big red one of them? Sort of confusing...

So far I've read something about the 7 gates that looked like this (excuse my poor memory):

Gate 1- Demonic dogs will come to guard.
Gate 2- You see ghosts/spirits.
Gate 3- You see more and more spirits.
Gate 4- You see demons.

And to this date, supposedly nobody went past the 5th gate. Apparently, anyone who was brave enough to go throught the 4th one despite all what they saw and felt either died or never returned except for one who was greatly traumatized.

Thanks, I am very interested in this legend. I don't really beleive in hell BUT I do beleive in ghosts, haunting and evil entities.

I grew up about 15 miles from where the 7 gates of Hell are supposed to be in South Central PA.  The area has been visited by so many drunk teenagers, that they have tron down much of what was there.  It has been a legend for as long as I can remember.  

#42    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• 1,079 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

I've looked into two of the better known "gates of hell" the one in Stull Cemetery in Kansas and Spider Gates Cemetery in MA.  My personal conclusion is that its just so much bs.  Getting into Hell is easy and the only ones who can leave with impuntiy are demons.  They don't need gates, and vortexs they enter where they choose.  While I didn't directly investigate(just checked the lore) either site a very good freind of mine, investigator John Zaffis, has gone to spider gates and he also consider the stories mythjcal.

I live about seventy miles away from Stull.  I live in the country and we travel to cities such as Kansas City and Topeka to shop and do business.  Stull, lying in between the two, is not on a route I normally take, but I have been through there a few times.  I've never stopped, but the place doesn't impress me as particularly scary.  I did some of my growing up in a suburb of Kansas City, and I don't remember the legend from back then (60's and 70's).  Conventional wisdom is that it was started by KU students back in the late sixties.  So it would've been in its infancy when I was around there.  

Nowadays, the area between Kansas City, Lawrence and Topeka is pretty well inhabited.  It's not complete city, but there are a lot of people.  Stull is a typical rundown little town that the city people have started building around.  There are houses right up to the cemetary and it isn't a big place either.  It just isn't remote enough to give much of a scare.  The Church that people made such a fuss over is gone now.  I doubt you could spend any length of time in the graveyard, either day or night, without John Law hassling you.

#43    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• 1,079 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:40 PM

I've looked into two of the better known "gates of hell" the one in Stull Cemetery in Kansas and Spider Gates Cemetery in MA.  My personal conclusion is that its just so much bs.  Getting into Hell is easy and the only ones who can leave with impuntiy are demons.  They don't need gates, and vortexs they enter where they choose.  While I didn't directly investigate(just checked the lore) either site a very good freind of mine, investigator John Zaffis, has gone to spider gates and he also consider the stories mythjcal.

I live about seventy miles away from Stull.  I live in the country and we travel to cities such as Kansas City and Topeka to shop and do business.  Stull, lying in between the two, is not on a route I normally take, but I have been through there a few times.  I've never stopped, but the place doesn't impress me as particularly scary.  I did some of my growing up in a suburb of Kansas City, and I don't remember the legend from back then (60's and 70's).  Conventional wisdom is that it was started by KU students back in the late sixties.  So it would've been in its infancy when I was around there.  

Nowadays, the area between Kansas City, Lawrence and Topeka is pretty well inhabited.  It's not complete city, but there are a lot of people.  Stull is a typical rundown little town that the city people have started building around.  There are houses right up to the cemetary and it isn't a big place either.  It just isn't remote enough to give much of a scare.  The Church that people made such a fuss over is gone now.  I doubt you could spend any length of time in the graveyard, either day or night, without John Law hassling you.

#44    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• 1,079 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

I've read about this place in my book. I find it very interesting. I want to check the place out myself with a few friends of mine. And I want to see the burned down building. (Yes, I'm guttsy enough to try it.)

Stull Cemetry is another place I find far more interesting then the others. Only because The Devil claims to go there twice a year. And the first time already passed. The reason why the old church was knocked down because someone ruined it. And they say the portal to Heck is under where the church was. ^^ The gates to the old burned down building is now just one. They have took down the others leaving one.

The other cemetry is a somewhat gate. Only because there isn't 'enough proof' for it to be haunted. But I saw pictures of the place & they spotted out ghosts in the pictures. And kinda highlighted the spots. But was found at a website which I lost.

My friend said that someone came into her classroom. (Before she transfarred into my old school.) Went there to all Gates (the different locations) & found objects then finally went to the final gate. But that's all she said really. ^^; Sorry. <---- Since we're talking about it.

Moonprincess, you'll be disappointed if you journey to Stull.  Read my post about it.   sleepy.gif   I really doubt that you'll be there very long if you go.  I doubt that a night in jail would be very fun.   no.gif    yes.gif It might be scary though.  

#45    Dagaz

Dagaz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• "As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth."
    (Goethe)

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

The seven gates of hell! Here is a link about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_gates_of_hell

I live in Lancaster County, PA, it's the neighboring county of York. I myself heard the story numerous times and allthough I drove past Hallam on route 30 quite a lot I've never gone there. The problem is that the hospital supposedly burned down. But who knows if it's true or simply an urban legend. Then again, there is a piece of truth to every legend, isn't there?  devil.gif

By God, for a moment there it all made sense . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users