Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this doll possessed?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 February 2002 - 02:45 AM

Okay everyone,  
  This is my first attempt at directing you to a website I think is very interesting.  But I am so clueless with computers,  I will just have to type it out for you - www.virginiaghosts.com/
When you get there,  click on EASTERN VA(bottom right hand corner)then click on THE DOLL.  Tell me what you think of the eyes!

Take care!
     NORA

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 February 2002 - 02:50 AM

&$#+&! I have already screwed up!!! I meant to say -  First, go to EASTERN VIRGINIA, then click on THE CHESAPEAKE HOUSE, then click on THE DOLL!!  sorry about that!
  NORA

Helen Keller

#3    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 02 February 2002 - 05:34 AM

Nora,

I don't know about the doll, but I'm willing to bet Satan himself (or atleast one of his lessor minions) has got his claws into you,  :o what a potty mouth you've got. :P Either that, or you've been hanging out with those sailors again in Norfolk. Shame on you. :-[

;D  ;D  ;D JUST KIDDING!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

*****running away from the suddenly repossesed Nora*****

Here's a more direct link to the page Nora is talking about. This page gives you a little bit of history;

http://www.virginiaghosts.com/the_doll.htm

the next link will take you to the video's and a few pictures;

http://www.virginiag...f_the_doll.htm

I think the choppy video gives a false impression of movement, along with the fact that if you have to stare at something long enough, your own involuntary eye movements can deceive you. The photo's showing the supposed 'measured' eye movement is too condensed to offer an exact observation, in my opinion. Quite a selection of cases on the main page though, interesting.  :)

MAGIKMAN  :D

* - Oh, oh, it looks like the entire crew of the USS Arizona has shown up at my door. :o Someone, please, call for help............:P

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 02 February 2002 - 12:32 PM

Talking of haunted dolls...

This painting that made its way to Ebay.com is meant to be 'haunted'.  :o

http://www.castleofs...edpainting.html

For larger pictures...

http://www.crimespre...m/Untitled.html

Tommy    

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 February 2002 - 07:51 PM

Magikman!
      Wha' chu talkn' bout?  My Papa was a sailor!!  Come on,  I DID censor it!
REpossessed indeed!  That's REALLY where I've been all this time!  They came and took me away-HAHAHEEHEEHOHO!- but I'm okay now.  At least, that's what they keep telling me  :P
I agree with you about the eye movement on the doll. The stills are too jerky. If I tell you that doll's eyes creep me out,  will you 'haunt' me with visions of them,  like the clown invasion awhile back?  :o
   BTW,  those squids at the door are really from the USS Eldridge,  and they wanna know why you don't believe what happened to them!!!! Better go along!
    Take care,
     NORA

Helen Keller

#6    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 03 February 2002 - 01:30 AM

So Nora wants to be haunted by visions of doll eyes, hey? Does this freak you out?

image :o

There was one I found that really gave me the creeps, what do you think?

image :P

Talk about your 'children of the damned', hey?

MAGIKMAN :D

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#7    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 01:47 AM

ARGHH!!  That second one looks like Pugsley from the Addams Family doesn’t she?! :o  :s4

Tommy     

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#8    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 03 February 2002 - 03:22 AM

I have to admit,  that last one was a little spooky looking.  I wouldn't exactly call what's left in those sockets, eyes though!  Actually,  I was more scared by that picture of MagikMan!  Sorry, Magik,  but anyone who shoves that much metal into their skin,  has got to expect to freak people out!  How many hours did that take?  Have you heard there's a record that was just broken, for how many piercings in one setting on one person?  Was it you?  How many pain killers did it take to get through it?  AAAHH!  

Take care,

NORA

Helen Keller

#9    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 09 February 2002 - 10:51 PM

[blue]
Looks more like Roseanne Barr/Arnold to me...[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#10    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 10 February 2002 - 12:20 AM

I have watched the video several times but I still can not see the movement, so my conclusion is that there is no movement...

Odin Supreme 8)

#11    Crow

Crow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 02:33 PM

Argghh what's wrong me?  :'( I don't see any movement......which umm is probably a good thing, never did like dolls very much, even as a small girl used to make my mum take my doll's out of my room at night, or at least turn them around to face the wall *lol*

......and Magikman? I really don't like those pics you posted...all those eyes...think i'm going to cry now ..

;)

Stay spooky, Crow x

#12    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 February 2002 - 02:35 PM

I can't imagine any child wanting to play with the dolls in those pictures - they look as though they would freak kids out rather too much.

Especially the larger one on the bottom - looks as though that one is possessed or something.

:-/

#13    Crow

Crow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 02:51 PM

exactly my point Saruman ... all of my dolls looked liked that *shudders* ... those big blinking eyes urghhh ... no, much prefer Action Man anyday ... heh, too much info perhaps *lol*

Stay spooky, Crow x

#14    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 10:59 PM

OH MY. Man, I've never had a regret up to this point, but now I see that entering this part of the board was a regret that I will always hold... AHHH! That was so creepy....

...pardon me, I have some dolls to set fire to.

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

#15    Becca_gurl

Becca_gurl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 04:50 AM

Are Brittany Spears dolls possessed?  :s9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users