Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

7th Son of a 7th Son

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#16    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

The 7th son of the 7th son, I've always thought it had to do with the paranormal not sure in which way though.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#17    Stixxman

Stixxman

Poltergeist

• 3,222 posts

• "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"
    ozzy osbourne
    "you have nothing to fear but fear itself"
    Roosevelt

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

The thing with me and watches is...I can't wear them, they never work longer than a week.  Its true and I've heard all kinds of reasons like I just happen to buy the ones that are on their last legs to a strong magnetic field in my body(although how I got the one on its last legs fifteen times in a row I don't know).  I don't know what the real reason is but it always happens.  (not even getting them fixed or having the battery replaced works either they still break) huh.gif

Proud charter member of UMA

With UMA all things are possible

#18    matthewgoad

matthewgoad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

The watch thing is very interesting man. Anything else weird happen around you or is it just the watches?

#19    Stixxman

Stixxman

Poltergeist

• 3,222 posts

• "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"
    ozzy osbourne
    "you have nothing to fear but fear itself"
    Roosevelt

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

Too many intances of deja vu and my ear rings whenever a tv or computer or any kind of monitor is turned on around me.

Proud charter member of UMA

With UMA all things are possible

#20    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

The medium / Psychic Gordon Smith is the 7th son of a 7th son.....In Ireland they are reknowned for having healing powers

#21    matthewgoad

matthewgoad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

I don't know if any of you have seen the Ernest movies.. Anyway I was watching Ernest Scared Stupid today, and in the movie his character was, "The seventh son of the seventh son, the baby, the boy."  Anyway supposedly he had the power that comes with being the prementioned title. It's a pretty funny movie, not related really, but I guess it works.

#22    seventhson'sdaughter

seventhson'sdaughter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Stixxman @ Jun 15 2005, 09:53 AM)
The thing with me and watches is...I can't wear them, they never work longer than a week.  Its true and I've heard all kinds of reasons like I just happen to buy the ones that are on their last legs to a strong magnetic field in my body(although how I got the one on its last legs fifteen times in a row I don't know).  I don't know what the real reason is but it always happens.  (not even getting them fixed or having the battery replaced works either they still break) huh.gif

The same thing happens to me - can only wear an anti-magnetic diver's watch.  All others will not work on me, though they will work on my desk; or if my sister wears them.  I work in electronics and cannot handle static-sensitive devices either - have seen this many times.  I believe there is a connection between this and the watches.  The electronic chips get "blown" if I handle them, even if I am "grounded" at the time.  I am also the daughter of a 7th son of a 7th son; and my Dad had these weird abilities: he was a healer of burns; and a finder of lost objects.  Never could understand these things and found it hard to believe even though I witnessed his "talents" many times.

#23    seventhson'sdaughter

seventhson'sdaughter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(Touch of Evil @ Jun 14 2005, 10:25 AM)
Some lady told George Noory last night on Coast to Coast that she knew a person who was a 7th Son of a 7th Son, and she was trying to find out more about him. 

George ended his first hour by saying a 7th Son was a gifted person with ESP like powers..

I don't know if you listen to Iron Maiden or not but they have a whole album based upon the 7th Son.. I heard it was a sci-fi series of books..

Also, my friend borrowed some type of vampire book from somebody and told me there was something in it about the 7th Son..

Anyone have any info?

My Dad was a seventh son of a seventh son; and he told me he knew from his earliest memory that he could heal burns.  No one told him this - he just knew.  I have seen him heal burns on many people thrughout the years; and he healed my hands when I was burned very badly as a child, and kept me from having to have skin grafts.  He was also able to find lost objects very quickly.  We never understood his "gifts", and neither did he; and even though it was so hard to believe, we saw it happen so many times that we came to believe.  The only psychic ability he ever showed was his prediction of his own death at age 85 in May 2004.

#24    Chiron_the_Horse

Chiron_the_Horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• Yes,those of us like me exist..beyond the realm of possibility.But nevertheless, true.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

There are references to the seventh son of the seventh son throughout the Bible. In fact the number 7 period seems to be of special significance to God. For instance, King David was a seventh son, God rested on the seventh day, the 7 headed monster and the 7 seals in the book of Revelation. To name a few.

I am one. There are things I do no one understands,so I don't talk about it.
I am the 3rd generation of 7th sons..my youngest is the 4th. The first one was a voodoo practicing pirate. We are an odd clan.

I am in your heart,mind,body,soul,and in the stars...FOREVER...

7th son of a 7th son of a 7th son...

And if you don't believe that...I can't make you...it's your choice..

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:04 AM

^ Hrrmmzz Odd seems a light description?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#26    Episteme

Episteme

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

• "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:39 AM

I always thought the 7th son "powers" came from Orson Scott Card's "Alvin Maker" series of books.   At least I had never heard anything special about them before reading the series anyway <shrugs>

Posted Image
My Website- Avatar created with permission from The Clayman using Dancing Chicken 1.0

#27    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

i thought that the 7th of a 7th was supposed to kill the vampire or werewolf original.gif something weird like that

#28    Melly

Melly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• "Dude means nice guy. Dude means a regular sort of person." - Captain America

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:46 AM

I always thought the 7th son "powers" came from Orson Scott Card's "Alvin Maker" series of books.   At least I had never heard anything special about them before reading the series anyway <shrugs>

I read the book The Seventh Son by Orson Scott Card.  Not a bad read.  I'd recommend it to people interested in this topic.

"...I shake you warmly by the hand."- Willy Wonka
"Nope. I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that!" - Earl Hickey

#29    najaesouljah

najaesouljah

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• Faith is the belief in things unseen.

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

My wife's grandfather is a seventh son of a seventh son, and he can do weird things.  I once seen him take a worm and put it in his palm.  Whats so weird about that you ask, it shriveled up and died.  The man is 77 years old and still does construction for godsake.  But he don't look as old as some 55 yeat olds I know its creepy.  His dad was the seventh son of 8 boys of 14 total siblings, and he was the seventh son of seven boys from a total of 13 siblings.  He in turn had 13 kids of his own and my mother in law was the seventh child but shes a girl so I don't know how that works out.  She's still creepy though. blink.gif

Thats interesting. I have never heard anything about this subject.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30    Wookie McFly

Wookie McFly

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

Here are some thoughts about the #7

A highly symbolic number in the Hebrew Bible, being, for example, the day on which God rested in Genesis
The number of nations God told the Hebrews they would displace when they came to Israel. (Deut. 7:1)"When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and shall cast out many nations before thee, the Hittite, and the Girgash**e, and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, seven nations greater and mightier than thou"
The number of ayat in surat al-Fatiha
The number of heavens in Islamic tradition
The number of Earths in Islamic tradition
The numbers seven, seventy, seventy thousand, etc. are also used in Islamic traditions to denote an infinite or high number. In Arabic seventy, seventy thousand, etc. is used to mean infinite. This is because 1 is the smallest, 2 is just after 1, 5 and 10 are exact, 4 and 6 are just before and after 5, 9 is just before 10. This leaves 3, 7, and 8. 8 is closer to the end although it is larger. 8 is also an even number so divisible by 2. Between 3 and 7, 3 is smaller so 7 is chosen to represent infinite.
The number of the Deadly Sins: lust, avarice, envy, pride, sloth, gluttony and wrath
The seven terraces of Mount Purgatory (one per deadly sin)
The number of sacraments in the Roman Catholic faith
The number of palms in an Egyptian Sacred Cubit
The number of heads of the beast of the book of Revelation, and of some other monsters, like the hydra
The minor symbol number of yang from the Taoist yin-yang
The number of times Cain will be avenged upon for the murder of his brother Abel
The number of ranks in Mithraism
The number of gateways traversed by Inanna during her descent into the underworld

And this is just a short list.  In addition, 7 is a prime number and throughout history primes have had special sig.  

Being the 7th son of a 7th son just magnifies this importance.

I know nothing about the stories or abilities of such men, but thought I would post this regardless as some members were wondering about the number 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users