Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Live Chat ( 3rd Feb, 8pm GMT, 3pm EST, 12am PST )

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 February 2002 - 12:30 PM

To try out an organised live chat in the chat room, we have organised a chat today at the times mentioned in this post's subject. Feel free to come along and meet some of the forum regulars in a live online discussion.

Read the "Introduction to the live chat room" post for details on how to reach the chat room.

#2    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 01:31 PM

I'll try to make it. ;D

See if we can break the record for number of people simultaneously in the chat room...I think it currently stands at one. :)

Tommy  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 February 2002 - 01:38 PM

Shouldn't be too hard to beat.

;D

#4    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 February 2002 - 02:11 PM

I'll try and be there but i dunno atm.

never take me too seriously

#5    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 03 February 2002 - 06:41 PM

I'll be there if I have finished my homework.. GRRRR...

Odin Supreme 8)

#6    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 03 February 2002 - 07:39 PM

Gareth,

Just a quick correction for the time zones. Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind GMT, so the time would be 3:00pm EST, 2:00pm CST, 1:00 mountain and 12:00 noon pacific.

Be sure you have the Java applets enabled in the computer settings, otherwise the chat window will not load for you.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,847 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:12 PM

To make sure I don't make any further time zone conversion mistakes - I've added a converter chart thread that has all the times and their foreign equivalents.

To anyone who has any problems getting into the chat room - I will be online in the forum and in the chat room during the live chat, so if you have any problems getting connected / logged in send me an IM or post a thread about it and I'll see what I can do to help. As Magikman said, make sure you have Java turned on in your browser otherwise the Java chat applet won't work. If your browser doesn's support java, you can still participate by using the mIRC IRC program to log in. Let me know if you have any difficulties or problems with either means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users