Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you a God or Goddess?

Sherapy

Calling all Gods and Goddesses' are you comfortable refering to yourself as a God or Goddess?

:dev innocent.gif il:

A few years ago I encountered a situation where an aquantance of mine wanted to convert me to her chosen path I won't mention the path out of respect anyways the subject came up as to why I should chose this way, the sureness of my admission into heaven was one reason and the promise of eternal life, I on both points already know that I'm going to heaven and all of life is eternal, It matters not what I believe or don't believe this is what is so ( to me) I told her if I might add it says in the Bible "Have I not told you ye are all Gods" I think this is in Matthew said by god if anyone can find this I'd appreciate it, and I added "Have I not told you that I and the father are one and the things you see me do you will do also and more" again I think Jesus said this Please forgive my forgetfulness. She turned white ran out of my house as if she had seen Satan (she believes in that incidently) So my point here is after that I got to thinking if I'm created in the image and likeness of the creator would I not be a Goddess?????? I'd be interested in anyones thoughts on this and any God or Goddess out ther who are claiming their birthright???????? Love to hear from you...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• AnuKabal

• Sherapy

I guess I am a god.. In fact hell yeah I am definately a god!!!  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif

680563[/snapback]

why limit yourself so?

Are you looking for worshippers, Sheri?

Or sacrifices? grin2.gif

And where do I sign up?

Friends dubbed me.. the b**** and Goddess... And all virgin males found are to be sacrificed to me (alive.. you just line them up... I'll take care of the "sacrificing" X)

Hey, being a silver furred werecougar has it's advantages you know wink2.gif

Born agains?

Oy.. no no... sorry... those only get eaten. (and not in the good sence >P)

Are you looking for worshippers, Sheri?

Or sacrifices?  grin2.gif

And where do I sign up?

680579[/snapback]

Very tempting devil.gifinnocent.gif ha ha ha

*snickers*

Unlike most gods.. I don't care if people worship me or not... Unlike the domestic housecat... X) I'd rather you'd know.. I'm there.. somewhere... maybe stalking you right...now... and you'd never know it... until it's TO LATE!

Edited by SilverCougar

Hold wench! Lest I smite thee with my mighty staff!

Er, that didn't quite come out the way I intended. Let me try again:

Hold wench! Lest Ye taste the ire of my rod!

Oh dear, this isn't working at all.....

grin2.gif

Hold wench!  Lest I smite thee with my mighty staff!

Er,  that didn't quite come out the way I intended.  Let me try again:

Hold wench!  Lest Ye taste the ire of my rod!

grin2.gif

680625[/snapback]

He double toothpicks for eternity

Hold wench!  Lest I smite thee with my mighty staff!

Er,  that didn't quite come out the way I intended.  Let me try again:

Hold wench!  Lest Ye taste the ire of my rod!

grin2.gif

680625[/snapback]

He double toothpicks for eternity

680637[/snapback]

Ooohh... burn.... XD dang yo...

Friends dubbed me.. the b**** and Goddess...  And all virgin males found are to be sacrificed to me (alive.. you just line them up... I'll take care of the "sacrificing" X)

Hey, being a silver furred werecougar has it's advantages you know wink2.gif

680588[/snapback]

wink2.gif

innocent.gif

Sherry i think your referring to the Gospel of Thomas. Its one of the lost gospels they found at nag hamad or something like that. I think what Jesus is was referring to when he said that was the fact that we are all gods creation we all have a spark of life from god so we are all technically gods if you look at it that way.

Sherry i think your referring to the Gospel of Thomas.  Its one of the lost gospels they found at nag hamad or something like that.  I think what Jesus is was referring to when he said that was the fact that we are all gods creation we all have a spark of life from god so we are all technically gods if you look at it that way.

680707[/snapback]

Really they found a lost gospel, where could I read about that, I thinkyou put that beautifully

Edited by Sheri berri

Also...we have the power to create life...to concieve with imagination and make a reality for better or worse...yes we are gods but with a lower cased "g" not upper-cased...lol.

On a serious note here, we are created in the image of God, and when Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil they became "like God, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5). Thus we are "like God" in the same respect.

That's why (in my belief) the world has fallen to s***. With 6 billion people running around, all living their lives as their own God, doing what they want instead of what God wants, something's gotta go wrong eventually.

To put oneself forward as god is to deny worship to God. God let's us do it, but ultimately says that there is a price for being our own god. Sin=death.

To conclude, while I have the power to be god, I choose to hand my life over to the God in the Bible, to do what He says and not what I say. Thus I forfeit my right to call myself "god".

no human has the "power" to be a "god" except within their own little make-believe world.

playing "god" or believing in one of the many, many "gods" is all about the same thing.

Way to totaly just not find the fun in this thread guys... kudos...

*rolls her eyes* You know Hyper.. you're as bad as the christian fanatics half the time.

silver: laugh.gif

its all fun til some looses an eye....

don't laugh too hard, your face might crack...

"don't mess with the big cats" teehee.

compared to a christian fanatic.... interesting indeed.

Edited by hyperactive