Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If Jesus was so smart

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 23,018 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:30 AM

I feel his wisdom was inspired by God, I feel he was a very evolved being he was the Christ conciousness, what I find amazing was he could explain very profound things with very little words and even the simplest of minds could comprehend wasn't its ingenious how he used parables and allegoric storys, I still learn best in that way, to me that is a pretty good indicator of smarts.  (I am not religious in any way shape or form, yet  Jesus's messages are very usable to this day whether you are religious or not.  I truly feel he was a great gift to mankind.

" By the fruits of his Labor he shall be known,"   Jesus

That kind of captures the essence of him a bit.

#17    Rachael

Rachael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:43 AM

Actually there is one correlation with Jesus and Buddhism that interests me.

The three wise men that travelled from afar.  

This also happens when they are looking for a reincarnated lama.

#18    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,627 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Rachael @ Jun 18 2005, 04:43 PM)
Actually there is one correlation with Jesus and Buddhism that interests me.

The three wise men that travelled from afar. 

This also happens when they are looking for a reincarnated lama.

View Post

It is really only custom that has the wise men three in number.  The Bible doesn't actually specify a number.  It just says "wise men"

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#19    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,627 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Jun 18 2005, 04:30 PM)
I feel his wisdom was inspired by God, I feel he was a very evolved being he was the Christ conciousness, what I find amazing was he could explain very profound things with very little words and even the simplest of minds could comprehend wasn't its ingenious how he used parables and allegoric storys, I still learn best in that way, to me that is a pretty good indicator of smarts.  (I am not religious in any way shape or form, yet  Jesus's messages are very usable to this day whether you are religious or not.  I truly feel he was a great gift to mankind.

" By the fruits of his Labor he shall be known,"   Jesus

View Post

The funny thing is though that Jesus spoke in parables so that people WOULDN'T understand what he said, cf Matthew 13:11-15, Mark 4:11-12.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#20    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(BFG @ Jun 18 2005, 05:16 AM)
I feel his wisdom was inspired by God, I feel he was a very evolved being he was the Christ conciousness, what I find amazing was he could explain very profound things with very little words and even the simplest of minds could comprehend wasn't its ingenious how he used parables and allegoric storys, I still learn best in that way, to me that is a pretty good indicator of smarts.  (I am not religious in any way shape or form, yet  Jesus's messages are very usable to this day whether you are religious or not.  I truly feel he was a great gift to mankind.

View Post

The funny thing is though that Jesus spoke in parables so that people WOULDN'T understand what he said, cf Matthew 13:11-15, Mark 4:11-12.

View Post

Because those who do not want  to understand would choose to not understand the parables. But for those who do want to understand the parables are very easy to understand.

Edited by GodsMessenger, 18 June 2005 - 12:10 PM.

#21    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 23,018 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE(BFG @ Jun 18 2005, 03:16 AM)

View Post

View Post

Jesus was truthful which means he was totally visable, he would of had no need to keep his messages secret,   "I am the way and the life follow me " not meant  in the sense of followers but in the sense that we follow his example and become one with God,   He also said " I and the father are one and ye are my brethren"  
Parables are stories used to teach and  I use them to teach my seven year old, I have no trouble understanding them.  Sorry

Edited by Sheri berri, 19 June 2005 - 03:22 AM.

#22    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:53 AM

Well, I've heard Jesus was IN Asia during his teen years. I was recently brought up that there was a direct line between Asia and Rome (there was evidence of Roman settlements there). So if Romans went there it's posible He did too.

Now as for being an Essene, no idea, but within those lovely Dead Sea Scrolls is Enoch 1, of which Jesus did read and Jude quoted (people really SHOUD read the footnotes, along with many oter pople before and after Jesus.

Someone here last week claimed that Jesus was so 'well-educated' from being a carpenter and having a royal bloodline, that He made up being the Messiah. Now you're saying His education was medicore. Which one is it? Either way, He fulfilled all the prophecies and, like I said before, no amount of, or lack of, education can make someone a Messiah, especially since many of the evnets were out of His personal control.

He was following Judaism, He changed the rules for a reason. That reason was stated by Him. The rules, routines, an rituals that the Jewish people (some of them) were practicing glossed over the real meaning of it all. God. And it's no different to what many of the Christian churches do today. He wasn't picking on them being they were Jewish, or for practicing the God-given religion Judaism, Jesus Himself WAS Jewish, and PRACTICED Judaism Himself, He was revolutionising Judaism into the future Christianity. What people have done with that however, is questionable.

Posted Image

#23    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

• Democracy is a double edged sword, just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong it just makes it someone elses right,
    Geo

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Something Like Laughter @ Jun 18 2005, 12:44 AM)
Christians are so sure about this stuff but yet they aren't concerned about the missing periods of time like his teen years.
skipping over the child hood of a person is typical of biographies of the period. for instance the biographies of the ceasars have little about their childhoods. usually, it only records their birth, maybe an interesting event in their childhood, and then jumps to adulthood.
one thing i wan't to know is, how do we all know he was so smart? Is there any evidence to this?
he outwits some very highly educated people throughout mark 2 and its parallels.

View Post

I think in this case the whereabouts of such a worshipped person should be documented. That is unless there is something about this time period in his life that they either couldn't relate to or they didn't want known. Perhaps his knowledge was not so divine. I'm sure that he had many other influences that helped him to develop his teachings.

WHO'S THE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT GOT ME SIDETRACKED?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GODS ONLY EXIST IN THE MINDS OF THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THEM

#24    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Jun 18 2005, 01:30 AM)

" By the fruits of his Labor he shall be known,"   Jesus

View Post

Wow you and I seem to think so much alike .... your message sent me on a google search of the words Christ Consciousness and the first sight I found was this one.

http://www.plotinus.com/perfect_model19.htm

There is another thread I noticed but haven't responded to yet ... Lets make a new religion. That is a very tempting proposition. I think from your messages you like me are not a "religious" person, and yet to fond a "belief system" that more accurately reflect our own beliefs than the RELIGION of christianity does is somehow appealing to me. What say you?

#25    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(curiousity @ Jun 20 2005, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE(Something Like Laughter @ Jun 18 2005, 12:44 AM)
Christians are so sure about this stuff but yet they aren't concerned about the missing periods of time like his teen years.
skipping over the child hood of a person is typical of biographies of the period. for instance the biographies of the ceasars have little about their childhoods. usually, it only records their birth, maybe an interesting event in their childhood, and then jumps to adulthood.
one thing i wan't to know is, how do we all know he was so smart? Is there any evidence to this?
he outwits some very highly educated people throughout mark 2 and its parallels.

View Post

I think in this case the whereabouts of such a worshipped person should be documented. That is unless there is something about this time period in his life that they either couldn't relate to or they didn't want known. Perhaps his knowledge was not so divine. I'm sure that he had many other influences that helped him to develop his teachings.

View Post

And perhaps The New Testament is just a greek play. A story about what the Messiah would be like when He came. Perhaps that play years later was mistakenly believed to be a real event, much like orson Welles War of The Worlds was mistakenly believed to be a real story at the time.

Then people created the religion of Christianity based on this book.

That in no way invalidates The Spirit of Christ or the Truth of the teachings attributed to Jesus the main character if that story.

#26    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• 1,744 posts

• Democracy is a double edged sword, just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong it just makes it someone elses right,
    Geo

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

What I am questioning is the most influential time of his life. Where and how he learned his craft. You christians say he recieved it from god but I know that's not true. He was a human and he had the same brain as any other. From what I understand jesus was a free thinker and in search of knowledge. This would have sent him in search of something he wanted to understand. It strikes me as funny that jesus was such a free thinker but yet christians really don't think very freely. According to your bible, you can't think any other way but what the book says.  hmm.gif

#27    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(curiousity @ Jun 20 2005, 10:51 AM)
What I am questioning is the most influential time of his life. Where and how he learned his craft. You christians say he recieved it from god but I know that's not true. He was a human and he had the same brain as any other. From what I understand jesus was a free thinker and in search of knowledge. This would have sent him in search of something he wanted to understand. It strikes me as funny that jesus was such a free thinker but yet christians really don't think very freely. According to your bible, you can't think any other way but what the book says.  hmm.gif

View Post

He learned it from God. Just as you or I can learn it from God. That is what Jesus taught. Listen to God and do what God tells you to do.

And I do not think it is fair to judge all christians by your narrow minded definition of them. I am a christian and when I was handed the bible to read, I did not think "Oh here is a book that will tell me what is right and wrong".
When I first read the bible it was a confirmation of what I already knew was right in my heart, but had never seen in my life experiences. I read the book of John and the gospels and the letters to the churches and thought "THIS is what life should be all about" people loving one another and not judging each other and people forgiving each other. That is what I had been searching for my entire life.  I found the Truth in the teachings of Christ, I did not convert to the truth.
It is not as if I had been thinking, stealing from people and killing people is a wonderful thing to do and suddenly I decided those things were wrong because the bible said they were.

#28    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• 1,744 posts

Geo

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

I'm thinking you need to get off the high moral horse you're on and answer the questions or get out of the way so someone else can. You know, you keep telling me that I can learn knowledge from your god, I think your god is a fantasy I'm not in the habit of getting information from fantasies. As for having a narrow minded view, that place is reserved for the christians I have come across in my time on earth.When I removed myself from the religious world I didn't think about stealing from or killing people either. What does that have to do with the question. Go take your frustrations out on someone else.

#29    Something Like Laughter

Something Like Laughter

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• You want religious fundamentalism? I'll show you religious fundamentalism!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

View Post

well, as you said yourself, that is what you think. It is it how people living 2000 years ago would have thought?
the early emperors were worshiped, and yet we know almost nothing of their childhoods.

Did you become what you are so that you could hate?
Death to the World!
Orthodox Christian
Minarchist

#30    EmpressV

EmpressV

The Opinionator

• 1,744 posts

Geo

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(Something Like Laughter @ Jun 20 2005, 02:43 PM)

View Post

well, as you said yourself, that is what you think. It is it how people living 2000 years ago would have thought?
the early emperors were worshiped, and yet we know almost nothing of their childhoods.

View Post

Considering that the book was put together long after the death of your hero, and it was so important to have just the right info translated, then yes it should have been included. IT WAS THE PERIOD WHEN HE ACQUIRED MOST OF HIS KNOWLEDGE. Why is that not important? Aren't we talking about the single most recognized human on earth? His reign has gone on well past those early emporors and should have been well documented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users