Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

NASA Edits Proof Of Apollo Moon Hoax!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
547 replies to this topic

#256    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

No, you can look at the above post, read it very carefully, and see what the VLT is theoretically capable of doing. It has not been done, and, apparently, according to this source, they will test this capability in the future sometime. That of course, is just fine.

What are you even talking about? What do you see as theoretical about  "If there were cars on the moon, the VLT would be able to read their number plates". He doesn't say anywhere "in theory" this could be done, nor is it said they will "test this capability in the future sometime". Talk about creative interpretations!!

#257    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

Note that the LM descent stage is described to be about 10 ft across (close enough). However, also note that it says that the stage will cast much longer shadows under ideal conditions. This alludes to the fact that a resolving capability of 10M is likely not possible, but that with a long shadow, it might be possible to image something at the site.

We do not have the capability. This of course does not mean that we wont. However, if they attain this capacity, you will not be seeing what you expect. You will see a dark mark, and you won't accept it as evidence of the lunar landings either.

This is even worse than your first paragraph. Now they can't do it? Why don't you  let them in on your superior knowledge and call up Dr. Darling - "Yes, uh, hello there Dr. Darling? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. We do not have the capability to get any kind of decent image of the Apollo landing sites......what's that? Oh, you're most welcome. Glad I could help"  thumbsup.gif

#258    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

There is no point in what you do. You merely want yourself heard. Which is fine, of course. Lots of people, knowledgeable or not, are in the same boat. However, it is a waste of time, as I'm sure this post is...which is too long and says too much to be absorbed by you.

Yes, absorbing tripe is not much fun, it's tedious, boring, and a waste of time. In the meantime, have a look at these TV monitors the Apollo guys brought to the moon. They never told us they were watchng Gilligan's Island up there!!

user posted image

#259    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:19 PM

Amazing.

You didn't read what I said.  Which is completely understandable given your previous performance.  I didn't say they can't do it.

Anything that has not been done, even if it is stated that we should be able to do it, is a theoretical possibility.  We thought we could execute translunar flight with the Apollo package in 1968.  It was theoretically possible.   However, it was not a capability UNTIL WE DID IT that December.  Then, it was a capability.  As of December 1, 1968, we did not, therefore, have the capability.  A few weeks later, we did...because we did it.

I realize this is a tough thing to grasp.

And still, you ignore everything selectively and concentrate on proving yourself correct about the VLT imaging capability...which, as I said, is irrelevant.  And, you continue to put obscure, unidentified images of lord-knows-what on the screen and say innane things like it is a monitor that the Apollo guys brought to the moon.

Whatever this image is, it shows nothing...Gilligan's Island included (Jesus..)

You're right: absorbing tripe is not much fun.   And it is a waste of time.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You are obviously incapable of understanding anything regarding Apollo.  My last post was obviously beyond your capacity to comprehend...too long.  Sorry.

But I'm sure you'll continue have fun supporting your unsuportable position, ignoring facts, posting incomprehensible unidentified images, and making "definitive" statements that have no substance behind them. However, as one who was there, there's really no point in continuing, so long as you're around to interfere with actual exchanges of information.

I'd heard there were people like you out there.  It's hard to believe, but it's true!

Out

#260    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(MID @ Aug 7 2005, 01:19 PM)
Amazing.

You didn't read what I said.  Which is completely understandable given your previous performance.  I didn't say they can't do it.

Anything that has not been done, even if it is stated that we should be able to do it, is a theoretical possibility.  We thought we could execute translunar flight with the Apollo package in 1968.  It was theoretically possible.   However, it was not a capability UNTIL WE DID IT that December.  Then, it was a capability.  As of December 1, 1968, we did not, therefore, have the capability.  A few weeks later, we did...because we did it.

I realize this is a tough thing to grasp.

And still, you ignore everything selectively and concentrate on proving yourself correct about the VLT imaging capability...which, as I said, is irrelevant.  And, you continue to put obscure, unidentified images of lord-knows-what on the screen and say innane things like it is a monitor that the Apollo guys brought to the moon.

Whatever this image is, it shows nothing...Gilligan's Island included (Jesus..)

You're right: absorbing tripe is not much fun.   And it is a waste of time.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You are obviously incapable of understanding anything regarding Apollo.  My last post was obviously beyond your capacity to comprehend...too long.  Sorry.

But I'm sure you'll continue have fun supporting your unsuportable position, ignoring facts, posting incomprehensible unidentified images, and making "definitive" statements that have no substance behind them. However, as one who was there, there's really no point in continuing, so long as you're around to interfere with actual exchanges of information.

I'd heard there were people like you out there.  It's hard to believe, but it's true!

Out

View Post

Amazing, indeed. I find that I've been wasting my time arguing with someone who has no idea what the word "capable" means.

ca·pa·ble
adj.
1. Having capacity or ability; efficient and able: a capable administrator.
2. Having the ability required for a specific task or accomplishment; qualified: capable of winning.
3. Having the inclination or disposition: capable of violence.
4. Permitting an action to be performed: an error capable of remedy; a camera capable of being used underwater.

See, if a top ranked team, for example, is playing in a chamionship game, they are 'capable' of winnng that game. If they win the game, they are no longer just 'capable' of winning it - they have won it! And if they lost the game, they were still 'capable' of winnng it, but instead they lost.

I really hold little hope that you are 'capable' of understanding this, however, because I don't think you are 'capable' of independent and logical thought processes regarding anomalies that have not been near to having any explanations given that could support the Apollo story.

Edited by turbonium, 07 August 2005 - 08:59 PM.

#261    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

Sorry,turbonium but MID is the one that makes sense. This theory is whacky to start with. Your supposed evidence is weak when you compare it to the truth. I do like watching both of you joust back and forth. thumbsup.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#262    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(ericraven2003 @ Aug 7 2005, 02:05 PM)
Sorry,turbonium but MID is the one that makes sense. This theory is whacky to start with. Your supposed evidence is weak when you compare it to the truth. I do like watching both of you joust back and forth. thumbsup.gif

View Post

The "truth"? I believe the truth has yet to come out. And if we all had the same opinion on everything, we could just call ourselves the Borg collective!  grin2.gif

#263    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

What is that pic under your name from? It looks familar.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#264    lonelyalpacafarmer

lonelyalpacafarmer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

That picture is annoying, you should change it.

I enjoy tennis.

#265    Nethius

Nethius

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

OKay turbonium you quoted this article Biggest Telescope To Prove US Went To Moon

My comments in italic

Dr Richard West, an astronomer at the VLT, confirmed that his team
was aiming to achieve "a high-resolution image of one of the Apollo landing
sites".
{Aiming to acheive, meaning they are not able to do so as of now}

The first attempt to spot the spacecraft will be made using only one
of the VLT's four telescope mirrors, which are fitted with special "adaptive
optics" to cancel the distorting effect of the Earth's atmosphere. A trial
run of the equipment this summer produced the sharpest image of the Moon
taken from the Earth, showing details 400ft across from a distance of
238,000 miles.
   {400ft is not high enough resolution to see the landers}

The VLT team hopes to improve on this {Hopes to improve on the 400ft Res, notice the word "hopes"}, with the aim of detecting
clear evidence for the presence of the landers. The base of the lunar
modules measured about 10ft across, but would cast a much longer shadow
under ideal conditions.

Dr West said that the challenge pushed the optical abilities of one
VLT mirror to its limits: if this attempt failed, the team planned to use
the power of all four mirrors.
{The have yet to try using all 4 mirrors at once] "They would most probably be sufficiently
sharp to show something at the sites," he said.

#266    Nethius

Nethius

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(turbonium @ Aug 7 2005, 06:30 PM)
Yes, absorbing tripe is not much fun, it's tedious, boring, and a waste of time. In the meantime, have a look at these TV monitors the Apollo guys brought to the moon. They never told us they were watchng Gilligan's Island up there!!

user posted image

What the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!???

Edited by Nethius, 08 August 2005 - 03:12 PM.

#267    lonelyalpacafarmer

lonelyalpacafarmer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

He doesn't know

I enjoy tennis.

#268    cow666

cow666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• "Of all the things i`ve lost, i miss my mind the most"

Ozzy Orsbourne.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

I think this pointless. There was thousands of people involved in the apollo projects why has no one come forvard with the big lie. If it is a lie.

#269    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(lonelyalpacafarmer @ Aug 7 2005, 11:03 PM)
That picture is annoying, you should change it.

View Post

Says the guy with the llama fixation.

#270    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,265 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(Nethius @ Aug 8 2005, 08:08 AM)
Dr West said that the challenge pushed the optical abilities of one
VLT mirror to its limits: if this attempt failed, the team planned to use
the power of all four mirrors.
{The have yet to try using all 4 mirrors at once] "They would most probably be sufficiently
sharp to show something at the sites," he said.

The article is from 2002. All four mirrors are in use now, that is the point, they can use all four, and have been able to for over two years now. And the other quote from Dr. Darling states that they could read the number plates on a car if it was on the moon right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users