Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why panic?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    AlienSama

AlienSama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:36 AM

Why even bothering panicing? most people already have the assumption that UFOS are real.  Thats what I don't get. The government is just afriad people would panic but in reality, people already know.                                                      

#2    ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 11:15 PM

I totally agree.

alien.gif I hope most of the sighted UFOs are Grays... alien.gif                                                      

#3    Renegade

Renegade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 02:55 AM

I agree to but people dont like change and it would take time for them to trust the goverment to keep us safe from something that maynot be a threat                                                      

#4    ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 10:55 PM

*Shudder*

I WILL NEVER TRUST THE GOVERNMENT!                                                      

#5    Renegade

Renegade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 02:10 AM

No one does but we must trust them because they control us!                                                      

#6    ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 02:22 AM

Yes, they do control us ultimatly, because at any time they can pull the plug and cause poverty and death.  But I will die before I ever submit to them or trust them.

I trust the Grays.  alien.gif  original.gif                                                      

#7    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:31 AM

Do you want the truth ...  wink.gif

I believe in Aliens ... but if the leaders of great countries admit it ... I might get freaked scared.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#8    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 01:08 PM

Shady Lady, because the gov't has their hand in the pot of virtually everything, you really are submitting to them everyday, already, in various ways...   wink.gif

I think you are right DJ, if the gov't was to actually admit something, I think that would scare me, just because then it turns from it being a possible imagination thing, into reality.  That would be scary.    unsure.gif

Reese                                                      

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#9    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:47 PM

I think that I might have to disagree here.  I don't think that most people believe that "UFO's" are extra-terrestrial in origin.  Heck, in my office of ~30 people, I am the only one who is even willing to listen to other theories of "UFO's", and I am not even a die-hard believer!  I believe that if these 30 people were confronted with the "facts" about "UFO's", there would be a great deal of panic, especially if these "facts" come from a authoritarian source (i.e. the government).  So I can clearly understand that if "UFO's" are extra-terrestrial, the government (any government, not just USA) would want to keep a lid on this information.  It would be in their best interests to keep their nations stabalized, and I tend to agree with them.

Until there is a Clear and Present danger to their citizens, I would expect no disclosure.                                                        

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#10    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:13 PM

PH, I think you are right.  I think that if people REALLY believed in extra terrestrials, then they would really freak out, it is a pretty heavy reality check.  I think most people chalk UFO's up to being man made, after all, almost anything we imagine can be done...

Reese                                                      

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#11    AncientLight

AncientLight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:47 AM

True , I would not panic I think because I would be too busy being absolutely thrilled  grin.gif . I don't know , you can't really know how you or others would react until it actually happens .

#12    angel_psychic

angel_psychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:16 AM

If the government ever admitted the existance of aliens from space,  or that they have been using alien technology to advance our civilization I would be thrilled, but at the same time terrified.  After all,  the governments of the world do not tell us everything on anything, so it they adimitted it I beleive it would be because the world would be in jeopardy or something like that.  I do beleive UFO's exist,  I have seen them.  The government will never tell anything they are not made to tell until and unless they have no other alternitive.  That's one reason why you have to really look between the lines when they do tell you something.  As far as UFO's are concerned,  I think they beleive that if they keep denying the existance of them,  and try to play it off that people will ignre or forget what has been seen.  In the age of computers, internet, and technology that we have today this is increasingly difficult for them to do.  Wonder how much longer the denial will go on?

seek not only what can be seen, but strive for the unkown, to continually expand upon what is already learned.  
Never take what someone says as gospel truth,  but investigate and verify it yourself

#13    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:53 AM

i think thing is is with goverments especially the US goverment is that they simply do not wish to appear weak against "advanced alien species", if the population is told that there are spacecraft whizzing about in their air space with no way to stop them then it also leads the population to believe that anyone can just waltz in whenever they feel like it it also could put the country into a negatve standing with other countries, they simply do not wish to appear weak to another hostile country, although yes public hysteria is another aspect of it i think the military strength theory is more of a reason to hide the truth. ph34r.gif  

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#14    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:26 AM

here in america for all you britts, we got guns. lots of guns. gunsmilie.gif we should be able to hold them off (but in reality we'll be doing this all the time  notworthy.gif ) wait, is the usa and america the same country? shoot, there goes our closest ally. disgust.gif  

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#15    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:33 AM

If your goverment uranium can't shoot down a few unknown flying objects, what makes you think that you and a group of mates can stave off a invasion with spud guns.... ph34r.gif gunsmilie.gif

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users