Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

This freaked me out.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:46 PM

Okay, I know this probably doesn't really qualify as a paranormal experience, but as I was driving home from a friend's house one night, past the airport, out of the corner of my eye it looked like there was someone sitting in the passenger seat.  When I turned to look, it was gone.  Scared the hell out of me.  Geez, now that I typed it out, it just sounds kind of sad.  Anybody else have street lights freak them out?                                                      

Nothing to see here.

#2    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:57 PM

ALL THE TIME. the following is a list of things that have scared me in the past:

pillows, blankets, trees, my reflection, my shadow, mailboxes (often look like people while driving at night), my own hand (read below), seeds, leaves, fuzz, cobwebs, light from passing cars coming in my window.

(about the hand thing, sometimes, if i sleep on my arm funny, the entire limb goes numb. So when I wake up, it doesn't feel like it's mine. I can pick it up with my other hand and it is just dead weight. So before I realized it was my own arm...it freaked the hell out of me)....also arms are heavy!!                                                      

#3    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 09:01 PM

when i was a kid, there was a large tree across the street from my window that looked just like King Kong(at night).  it really freaked me out.                                                        

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 30 June 2003 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (dust19 @ Jun 30 2003, 04:57 PM)

(about the hand thing, sometimes, if i sleep on my arm funny, the entire limb goes numb. So when I wake up, it doesn't feel like it's mine. I can pick it up with my other hand and it is just dead weight. So before I realized it was my own arm...it freaked the hell out of me)....also arms are heavy!!

dust,  didn't you think  that your arm might really be dead?
       I had that happen once, and I thought I'd lain on it so long, I'd cut
    off the blood supply! That is top of my list of personal scary things!  ohmy.gif                                                      

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:27 AM

when i was a kid, there was a large tree across the street from my window that looked just like King Kong(at night). it really freaked me out.

When I was a kid I didn't like getting out of bed at night to go to the Toilet . Not only was I freaked out by the hand under the bed and the man in the Toilet (both figments of my imagination) Whenever I looked down the hall toward the toilet I swear I saw a herd of elephants running toward me .

Snuffy ,
   Once after a night shift at work I was driving home when I caught a glimpse of a small tree out the side of my eye . I thought I'd almost hit someone and it scarred me silly . If that wasn't bad enough I had to cross the train tracks to get home . No sooner had my back wheels left the tracks than the lights and bells started going off "DING DING DING DING ", Ithought OMG the aliens are coming , but they wern't  huh.gif                                                      

#6    LittleL

LittleL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 03:58 AM

I always mistaken socks for rats, birds as incoming baseballs, house plants as strange people in the night ( all in broad daylight)my own knee draped by a blanket in the dark can appear to me to be the virgin mary.When i look into the mirror real hard, sometimes i realise how little i actually know myself, or how unfamilar my face is to me..but that could just be because i take off my glasses when i do that.

ps that was a funny story dust                                                      

~~Nerd Queen Ultimate~~

#7    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 05:02 PM

dust, didn't you think that your arm might really be dead?

i never really thought my hand was dead...because in my theory...everything always works out for the better. (i'll change my mind when it stops happening                                                      

#8    Ladyspirit_guide

Ladyspirit_guide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 04:26 AM

let's see.....blankets on the floor, I thought were a "demon" (I was young then, o.k.?), reflection in my back seat I thought was a person......

Oh, yeah, and my friends huge Tazmanian Devil one night, I thought was "looking" at me! ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif                                                      

Look To The Natural Before The Supernatural"

Rev. C. Du Pont

Posted Image

ParaNormal Research

#9    Abducted

Abducted

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 06:57 PM

Ok......aliens......I thought my steriou was an an alien......and street lights always go off as I pass them then turn back on once I'm gone..I think it's a gurdian angel with a magnetic field about it....angels, all angels are made mostly of a magnetic feild! wub.gif                                                      

Attached Files

#10    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Abducted @ Jul 2 2003, 02:57 PM)
Ok......aliens......I thought my steriou was an an alien......and street lights always go off as I pass them then turn back on once I'm gone..I think it's a gurdian angel with a magnetic field about it....angels, all angels are made mostly of a magnetic feild! wub.gif

strange...this happens a lot to me too!....though maybe it's just because they blink on and off quite a bit, and we just happen to pass under at that time?                                                      

#11    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:49 PM

You wouldn't believe how many other people experience lights and/or electronics malfunctioning around them!  Click below for some interesting accounts....

SLI stories                                                      

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#12    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 03 July 2003 - 01:06 AM

Thank Jeezus I'm not the only one!!  Oh, when I was a kid, when I was laying in bed at night, I'd lay on my side and hear the blood rushing through my ears.  It always made me imagine that legions of stormtroopers were marching through my bedroom.

And sometimes, Dust, when I'm reading a really interesting magazine article in the bathroom, my leg will go to sleep, and I walk around funny for awhile.  Like I'm crippled or something.                                                      

Nothing to see here.

#13    Allie

Allie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 01:21 AM

That must have been one H*LL of an article or one real long article you were reading for your leg to go to sleep on ya!!
laugh.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif                                                      

#14    Anirbas

Anirbas

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• Put your big girl panties on and DEAL with it!

Posted 03 July 2003 - 04:03 AM

just how much had you had to drink? jk original.gif I usually see stuff in the rearview I sometimes wonder if it's not just the idea of the old urban legend thing original.gif                                                      

Whatever hits the fan will be distributed evenly!

Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!!!

My life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I make of it!

#15    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (dust19 @ Jun 30 2003, 11:57 PM)
pillows, blankets,

wink.gif

hmm ... these two freak me alot ... he he ...  laugh.gif  ... some times when I wake up at night ... I see a big black thing in front of my face ... then I discover that it was the blanket or the pillow ...  blink.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users