Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Earth is an Egg!

Irish

Many strange and bizarre ideas are born of pre-suppose notions such as the hollow earth theory, and surprisingly as evidence is collected to support the concept many become convinced of it possibility. With a few facts and twists in logic it can grow to an almost cult following.

As an experiment in forming a bizarre theory lets pre-suppose that the earth is an egg. Now in order to make the theory viable we need supportive evidence.

I will suggest a few bits of evidence and see where it grows.

The experiment itself is evidence of creative imaginations working with a few facts and ancient myths.

1.The earth is referred to as Mother Earth suggesting birth and renewal.

2.The earth has a fragile crust (shell) with a molten interior and is shaped like an egg.

3.The sun could be the incubator of this giant egg.

4.Every culture on the earth have some kind of myth about a giant bird (phoenix) a great bird that is born of fire.

5.……

6.……

Have fun!

Irish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irish

• warden

• Jodie.Lynne

• JohnnyBoyC

I'll tell you what it can hatch; it can hatch a can of whoop-ass (i.e: FIERY LAVA DEATH) on you.

Really, if it were to "hatch", what do you think it can be? A bird made out of fire? That's simply not possible. Regeneration of the world? Only with a nice shower of molten rocks and a few billion years.

Irish I know what your saying is made up but you make it sound as though it could happen! laugh.gif

Edited by 343 Guilty Spark

Irish I know what your saying is made up but you make it sound as though it could happen!  laugh.gif

692447[/snapback]

That’s exactly what I am getting at. I read a lot of preposterous theories on UM. However they are intriguing because they have that element of “What If “.

What I am attempting to do is see if it’s possible to build a ridiculous theory using the imaginative and fertile minds that visit here.

Who know some twit may be convinced enough when we are done to write a book about it, start a web site and make a few $$$ out of it.

Good luck to them regardless. thumbsup.gif

Irish

laugh.gif this reminds me of an SNL quote

"allright people,would ya eat the moon if it were made of Ribs?"-Will Farrel as "Harry Carry"

so, would ya eat the earth if it were an egg? huh.gif

Ohhh well, the earth dosen't look like an egg that much... Sure it's not a sphere but I mean, from outter space you can't really make the ellipse it really is. An egg on the other hand is much more complex and often have diffrent shaped ends...

But I like your theory. It made me smile. Keep up the good work.

Anyone ever see "The Core." Cool movie, even better if we actually could go to the center of Earth....

I like the incubator theory. I will say this though. IF the Earth was an egg, well, an egg holds something that is alive and waiting to be fully developed before hatching. If something is growing in our Earth, we could be slowing the process of it's growth by sapping up much needed fossil fuels and with our ever damaging pollution. But I don't think our influence on the "shell" would cause any disturbance within it.

As you go around the globe, you have the Ring of Fire in the Pacific, then the hurricanes in the Atlantic, and the monsoons and tsunamis of East Asia and Africa. Every part of the world has a different environment, totally supported by something, let's say "kicking" from the inside, disrupting a calm environment.

Gosh, haven't used my imagination in a while...it needs time to kick-start original.gif

*sits on the ground* "C'mon hatch already!"

errrr. Maybe when the Earth does hatch it will reveal a portal to our next planet to screw up.

Or inside will be a big lever in which you pull and it blows up the whole universe?

the classic "Hell on Earth" theory?

An ancient alien race is inside cuz its impossible to survive without lava, who is bent on taking back the surface and flood it with hellfire and brimstone? Wait! make them alien zombies who live off lava! Alien Zombies i like it! w00t.gif

Could hatch a pheonix blink.gif

Anyway im getting hungry and im of for some bacon,toast,beans sausages and of course two fried earths tongue.gif

If the Earth is an egg, where are we gonna get the bacon?

grin2.gif

5 - The existence of earthquakes indicates that the embryonic lifeform in the Earth-Egg, is nearing maturity and is starting to crack the shell.

He's full 'o blarney, he is.

If the world is an egg, where's the giant chicklet in the middle?

Where's the yolk?

I knew the Irish were crazy, but now this?!?

Geez.

so were living on a giant ass chicken egg?

cool, *gets frying pan* eggs anyone? grin2.gifw00t.gif

693842[/snapback]

Ill have 2 boiled earths, 2 fried earths, 2 scrambled earths,2 poached earths,infact just make me a bowl of cornflakes,you know how long it takes to boil an earth these days ,about 5 billion years blink.gif

Some of those that have responded have not even read the initial post and are set on debunking a theory that does not exist “YET”. hmm.gif Slow down and give us a chance to hatch our stupid theory before you cook it. unsure.gif

The exercise in imagination will demonstrate how a simple pre-disposed idea can expand to a viable, ibid bizarre theory.

Thank you Firefeme1202 , Orangeorb and JMPD1 you have the right concept. thumbsup.gif

Ok let’s take a look at what we have so far:

The freshly hatched theory so far.

2.The earth has a fragile crust (shell) with a molten interior and is shaped like an egg.

4.Every culture on the earth have some kind of myth about a giant bird (phoenix) a great bird that is born of fire.

5 - The existence of earthquakes indicates that the embryonic life form in the Earth-Egg, is nearing maturity and is starting to crack the shell.

6.?

7.?

We need some more evidence here. Start thinking guys. rofl.gif

693842[/snapback]

Ill have 2 boiled earths, 2 fried earths, 2 scrambled earths,2 poached earths,infact just make me a bowl of cornflakes,you know how long it takes to boil an earth these days ,about 5 billion years blink.gif

693848[/snapback]

your order will be ready in 5 billion years

Some of those that have responded have not even read the initial post and are set on debunking a theory that does not exist “YET”.  hmm.gif Slow down and give us a chance to hatch our stupid theory before you cook it. unsure.gif

The exercise in imagination will demonstrate how a simple pre-disposed idea can expand to a viable, ibid bizarre theory.

Thank you Firefeme1202 , Orangeorb and JMPD1 you have the right concept. thumbsup.gif

5 - The existence of earthquakes indicates that the embryonic life form in the Earth-Egg, is nearing maturity and is starting to crack the shell.

6.?

7.?

693878[/snapback]

1) my car is refered to as a she,like a boat ,a female,as is my mother?

2)my head has a fragile crust on a saturday morning

3)or it could be just that we need the sun ,like the moom to balance nature out

4)more like the DODO

5)we have had earthquakes for billions of years,it would have cracked before know

6)I like your theory

Some of those that have responded have not even read the initial post and are set on debunking a theory that does not exist “YET”.  hmm.gif Slow down and give us a chance to hatch our stupid theory before you cook it. unsure.gif

6.?

7.?

693878[/snapback]

6. The Earth is actually the Phoenix's egg.

7. When the fiery Phoenix comes to incubate the egg, it is summer on earth because of the heat that the phoenix radiates. When the phoenix leaves, it is winter and the sun takes its turn to incubate the egg.

8. All life forms on earth are different kinds of parasites feeding on the eggshell.

6.?

7.?

693878[/snapback]

6. The Earth is actually the Phoenix's egg.

7. When the fiery Phoenix comes to incubate the egg, it is summer on earth because of the heat that the phoenix radiates. When the phoenix leaves, it is winter and the sun takes its turn to incubate the egg.

8. All life forms on earth are different kinds of parasites feeding on the eggshell.

693961[/snapback]

Wouldnt we see a guiant flaming bird sitting on us?? Also it is a proven fact why it is summer on earth Why do you ppl make this stuff up for attention? And yes we would all know if somthing was in the earth. IT IS JUST SO IMPOSSIBLY STUPID!

you are completely missing the point Johnnyboy. It is an exercise in 'myth building' you literal minded, humorless soul.

... so... why are we living on the egg?? i mean.... ok.. i dont know.. its just too odd.. i dont really know what to say.....

giant pheonix omlette i guess.. YUM!

-7: the ground could be mold or something

If the earth is however many billions of years old they say it is (if you beleive 'they' unsure.gif ), i wouldn't want to be standing downwind of it when they take the top off.

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!

6. The Earth rotates (providing seasonal change) but is really a natural "turning" of the Earth-egg to keep it warm on all sides. Otherwise, the Earth-egg would die if the light and warmth was concentrated on just one side (just like normal eggs).