Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is scientology?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Cult? That is mean. Why do you call them a cult? Is it because they are different?

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#17    greattenchim

greattenchim

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

i heard bad stories on that sciencology stuff! so i dont have good opinion on it!

Edited by greattenchim, 24 June 2005 - 05:00 PM.

Harvey Birdman: Your name was hijacked by a Web site as well?
Hi Riser: Yes. Yes, it was.
H B: Tell us the name of that site.
Hi Riser: Hi Riser dot com.
H B: And, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, there are more. Many more. I give you: Big Duke, Bigger Duke, Quickie, Schnooker, The Magic Rabbit, Fluidman...
Peanut: [aside] That would be, "Ew."
H B: ...Dirty Dog, Motherlode, and Goltar.
Gallery: [huh?]
H B: *And* his Golden Lance.
Gallery: [gasp!]

#18    Irish

Irish

“The Mod Father”

• 4,935 posts

• Practice Random Acts of Kindness, they return to you!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(101 @ Jun 24 2005, 10:52 AM)
http://www.spirituality.com/ is a website if you want to learn more.

There is a young man named Earom on here that goes to a christian science church. He is nice and I am sure he would answer some of your questions.
He gave me this website just to check out what it was all about. It was interesting. Some just a little different. But pretty much you can heal your body type thing. I am sure.

View Post

Just a note 101 christian science is entirely different than Scientology.

Most people do not want to know the truth they only want confirmation for what they think is truth.

#19    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

Oh okay thanks I thought they were the same. That is why I didn't know why she would call it a cult. Because I looked on the website and it seemed okay to me.

Thanks Irish.   original.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#20    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,634 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

When we come from a place of love, we try to live lifes that are beneficial for everbody, We actually make sure that everyone benefits from our having been around.  Kindness becomes a very important word, kindness is not only goodness its sameness, we realize that all others are brothers and sisters We may not understand anothers path but we would honor and allow them to walk it  any religion at its highest expression  would not say alot of the things that are being said, Love is the arrow that allows us to see the truth and that truth is we are all connected and what you say about another you are saying about yourself, If I might make a suggestion why not be open to leaning about Scientology maybe there is something you could learn that could change everything. Namaste Sheri Berri

#21    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

'chuckle" I am sure that if Jim Jones had a website (few to none in those days) it would have made his little deadly cult look ok!  wink2.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#22    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

All religions are cults if you think about it just some are bigger and older then others and are called religions. tongue.gif

#23    Afrogirl_001

Afrogirl_001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Dr1273 @ Jun 24 2005, 10:04 AM)
I don't even know the first thing about it. It was said it is it's own religiong but you can be catholic, prodistan...ect. and still be a scientologist. So what is it? A way of living? A different way of thinking about your own religion? Please explain. Thank you.

View Post

HA HA , my mom was re-searching this on the net one day cause alot of celebrities are into it.  apparently from what she told me cause we were having a good laff bout it..was taht they believed that humans evolved from clams w00t.gif ever since that ive always wanted to go to one of their churches and see wat their religions like.  Apparently its not even a religion, its more like a cult

Afrogirl

#24    Afrogirl_001

Afrogirl_001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Dr1273 @ Jun 24 2005, 10:04 AM)
I don't even know the first thing about it. It was said it is it's own religiong but you can be catholic, prodistan...ect. and still be a scientologist. So what is it? A way of living? A different way of thinking about your own religion? Please explain. Thank you.

View Post

HA HA , my mom was re-searching this on the net one day cause alot of celebrities are into it.  apparently from what she told me cause we were having a good laff bout it..was taht they believed that humans evolved from clams w00t.gif ever since that ive always wanted to go to one of their churches and see wat their religions like.  Apparently its not even a religion, its more like a cult

Afrogirl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users