Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

When the site is down...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:53 PM

I was thinking if the site is down and you want to talk to some of the members here, you could just load up mIRC as long as you have downloaded it. I think that would be a good idea. I tried for hours to get on the site yesterday.

So just keep that in mind, you never know who might show up.

BTW, mIRC is the chatroom used for this site, there is a java version and this version: Clicky here

Mentalcase whistling.gif

Edited by Mentalcase, 02 July 2003 - 05:56 PM.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#2    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 06:08 PM

mIRC is the program you Use to Get to the chat room. It is an IRC client and is not the only one available either. There are literally hundereds of IRC clients out there, but mIRC is the most popular one. In order to access the chat room (channel) from a client, you must preferably log into the server: chatnet.dnsalias.com
this can be done through menu commands or by the cammand line command of "/server chatnet.dnsalias.com 6667" (without the quotes. The 6667 is the port). Once logged into the server type "/j #unexplained" to enter the channel. Or you can follow menu commands. You may be ordered to specify a nickname when you log into the server, if not, you can change your current name by typing "/nick yournamehere" .

Those are my most likely flawed instructions for newbies. Have fun!                                                      

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 03 July 2003 - 11:44 PM

That's a great idea MC!   wink.gif                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users