Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will Jesus Return?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,586 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

anyone think Jesus will return to Earth in our life time??? say within the next 1000 years.. lets say that.... what do you all think??? its been 2k years already... just an interesting thought.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

3 years, 6 months, 12 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes, and 3 seconds from when you read this post tongue.gif  JK!

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,928 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

Jesus will return.  I can't give any kind of time scale (the whole thief in the night routine), although TD's usually right, so I'll go with his answer, k  grin2.gif

All the best,

btw,

QUOTE(LucidElement @ Jun 26 2005, 04:38 PM)
anyone think Jesus will return to Earth in our life time??? say within the next 1000 years..

View Post

Our lifetime?  Within the next 1000 years.  I don't know about you, but I'll be dead before the next hundred years pass.  tongue.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Nope, he blew it!  He promised to return while members of that generation still lived.  The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it!  That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised!  He BLEW IT!  rolleyes.gif

"In those parts of the world where learning and science has prevailed, miracles ceased; but in those parts that are barbarous and ignorant, miracles are still in vogue." - Ethan Allen

#5    Lost_In_Thought

Lost_In_Thought

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

• "Dang.... There goes my Mind again!"

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

I think he may come right when we blow our selves up.

Jesus:"Im here my chil..... Oh SH*T!"
*explosion sounds!

#6    Rachael

Rachael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

I think he will return - when they clone his dna from the shroud of turin!!!! thumbup.gif

#7    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

I know it's been over 2,000 years since Jesus said he would come back, but there are a lot of prophecies in the bible that have been fulfilled even recently.  Jesus couldn't have come back until 1968 anyways when Israel was back in Palestine as a nation.  It's quite funny that a famous author, C.S. Lewis said back sometime in the 1800s that the prophecy was figurative in nature because there is no way the Jews would be able to go back to their native land.  Sure enough, they did.  There are even prophecies that say that the desert will bloom, and that's what happening, that their would be black Jews returning and people scoffed at that until Ethiopian Jews started to return.  There's a lot of unfolding prophecy going on in today's world.

#8    scoobysnack

scoobysnack

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,355 posts

• Ancient Craft Masonry motto: Ordo ab Chao (Order out of Chaos)

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:16 AM

Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

Heres just an example of what you will find:

Lou Famoso's visions of the future:

(a) People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.

(cool.gif Man will prey on man until man will pray for man.

© Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.

(d) Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.

(e) Volcanoes from around the world will erupt; first one then another.

(f ) Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.

(g) There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity's greatest sins.

(h) Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]

(i ) A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).

(j ) Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.

(k) Missiles will be fired simultaneously into space from several nations.

(l ) Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth - more than it ever has.

(m) A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.

(n) The oceans will rise, first along the Pacific Ring of Fire then others.

(o) A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]

(p) Landmasses will start to sink under the pressure of the ocean on it.

(q) These earth changes will result in a newer, cleaner, more beautiful planet.

The archangel Gabriel gave Lou Famoso the following message to take back to let others know that there is little to fear because the earth will go on forever:

Look to Orion and you will know when the new world will come.

He who molds opinion is greater than he who enacts laws.
--President Abraham Lincoln

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know.”
-- Harry Truman

#9    JuneyGirl

JuneyGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(scoobysnack @ Jun 26 2005, 10:16 PM)
Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

Heres just an example of what you will find:

Lou Famoso's visions of the future:

(a) People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.

(cool.gif Man will prey on man until man will pray for man.

© Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.

(d) Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.

(e) Volcanoes from around the world will erupt; first one then another.

(f ) Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.

(g) There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity's greatest sins.

(h) Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]

(i ) A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).

(j ) Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.

(k) Missiles will be fired simultaneously into space from several nations.

(l ) Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth - more than it ever has.

(m) A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.

(n) The oceans will rise, first along the Pacific Ring of Fire then others.

(o) A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]

(p) Landmasses will start to sink under the pressure of the ocean on it.

(q) These earth changes will result in a newer, cleaner, more beautiful planet.

The archangel Gabriel gave Lou Famoso the following message to take back to let others know that there is little to fear because the earth will go on forever:

Look to Orion and you will know when the new world will come.

View Post

The proof is in Bible.. World events are sit up just in the perfect timing of God. I look up. MARANATHA  thumbsup.gif

''Fear not; I am with you to the end of the age.” Jesus

#10    Cebrakon

Cebrakon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal....Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(Lamont Cranston @ Jun 26 2005, 09:49 AM)
Nope, he blew it!  He promised to return while members of that generation still lived.  The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it!  That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised!  He BLEW IT!  rolleyes.gif

View Post

angry.gif That's a good point, Shadow Man.  He probably just got recycled, like anyone else.  If I get struck dead for saying that, I will use my super telekinetic powers to post a  ph34r.gif to everyone....

bounce.gif Dr.H

"I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of the multitude.  What do you say of the leading philosophers here (U of Padua) who have never consented to look at the planets, or moon, or telescope?"    Galileo ,19th August 1610

Star Travel by Psionics

#11    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,928 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(Lamont Cranston @ Jun 27 2005, 01:49 AM)
Nope, he blew it!  He promised to return while members of that generation still lived.  The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it!  That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised!  He BLEW IT!  rolleyes.gif

View Post

Nice opinion you have there.

Three days after his death, Jesus returned and spoke to many different people - the gospel accounts announce 13 people by name.  The book of Acts and 1 Corinthians gives more accounts of his appearances.

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people.  He will return again though.

All the best,  

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#12    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:47 AM

deified men will return to those that seek to find them.

2000 years ago a few people deified jesus, and at any time a few people could deify yet another man as the second jesus.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#13    Cebrakon

Cebrakon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal....Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(scoobysnack @ Jun 26 2005, 08:16 PM)
Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

View Post

ph34r.gif I recommend the link above.  Very interesting stuff.

geek.gif I would just like to point out that the climatologists have made some points which tend to agree with some of these predictions.

angry.gif If mankind burns up all its fossil fuel in the next 200 years, the ice will all melt, making sea level rise by hundreds of meters, sufficient to flood the lower half of Florida.  Also worth noting that during the Cretaceous, sea levels were high enough to flood the middle parts of the United States and Canada, and possibly they could get that high again.

w00t.gif Experts on petroleum say that oil production will reach its peak this year, and forever after decline.  Yet, demand for petroleum is growing by leaps and bounds as India and China industrialize.  If we were smart, we would ban cars from cities, and go back to bicycles and electric vehicles.  Indeed, that is part of "my" utopia.  See
Journey

angry.gif Global civilization is very fragile.  We still have coal and nuclear and hydroelectric power, so I suppose we would still have enough electricity to run the Web, but there might be rationing of other uses.  No A/C?  Turn off the streetlights?

ph34r.gif Dr.H

"I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of the multitude.  What do you say of the leading philosophers here (U of Padua) who have never consented to look at the planets, or moon, or telescope?"    Galileo ,19th August 1610

Star Travel by Psionics

#14    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people. He will return again though.

Here is Matthew 24:25-24-34:
24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Somehow, I don't see this as when he appeared to those after the crucifixion, he is definately talked about the end of the world.  If you continue on:

24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away
24:36 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

There it is from the mouth of your man-god, he is absolutely talking about the end of time and the establishment of God's Kingdom on Earth, not his appearing after his resurrection.  What about that don't you comprehend?  LC was right, He blew it! yes.gif

Edited by mako, 27 June 2005 - 11:46 AM.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#15    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Lamont Cranston @ Jun 26 2005, 09:49 AM)

View Post

No, you just don't know how to interpret scripture.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users