Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you were the Devil?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

Was the truth about God changed in the past by the Devil to confuse and cause conflict for humankind forever?

#2    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

If I were the devil, I would kill you tongue.gif JK Maybe, it's always a possibility.  I don't think he has though, otherwise there'd probably be a bunch of *real* contradictions in the Bible.

#3    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

TD, just playing along with the contradiction premis:  the NT would not be full of contradictions to discredit if if the entire NT was the work of the devil!  christians say that a false prophet would be loved and adored, people would worship him, etc.  Sounds just like how people treated jesus.  

So the answer is to decieve is to provide a false prophet that will lead people the way the pied piper led the rats to their doom.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#4    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(hyperactive @ Jun 28 2005, 03:06 PM)
TD, just playing along with the contradiction premis:  the NT would not be full of contradictions to discredit if if the entire NT was the work of the devil!  christians say that a false prophet would be loved and adored, people would worship him, etc.  Sounds just like how people treated jesus. 

So the answer is to decieve is to provide a false prophet that will lead people the way the pied piper led the rats to their doom.

View Post

So, you're saying that Jesus is deceiving us?  huh.gif
I can see where you're getting at with the false prophet thing though, kinda like that prophet yaweh guy?

#5    Rachael

Rachael

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

I think I would chuck evil in for a good steak meal, bottle of wine and good movie!

That'd fool em! lmao

#6    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

"the devil works in mysterious ways"... sorry, thats "the lord works in mysterious ways" (remeber i classify them as two faces of the same entity)...

i don't think jesus intended to deceive anybody, but:

either he could have been deceived by a "big nasty" - remember this is all hypothetical both in the sense of i don't think a "godly voice talked to him", and i don't have any clue what jesus was thinking or "hearing" (supernatural or not).

or

the people that followed him were decieved by this "big nasty", which led to the "false idolatry" and deification of jesus (remember my view is that jesus was only a man, and a philosopher) - again this is all hypothetical.

Edited by hyperactive, 28 June 2005 - 10:17 PM.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,617 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

I think I would go on line and go to a site called Unexplained-Mysteries.  Tell everyone my name is Darkwind.   devil.gif

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#8    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

Trick them into hope, love and family only to lose it all...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#9    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:37 AM

Easy I would tell them the truth laugh.gif They would not believe me and just do the opposite of what I say cause who would listen to me if I'm the devil. devil.gif

#10    Shivel

Shivel

Poltergeist

• 2,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

Oh man, if I were the devil I would have an absolute blast.

Since evil is absolutely necessary, I would have no remorse creating destruction and mayhem.. but only enough to make myself know of course.   whistling2.gif

#11    4dplane

4dplane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• To study where I stand, teaches me what I have been missing.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:23 AM

If I were the devil, I would make people write books with beliefs systems in them (Bible, Koran, Torah etc ...). After this, I would just sit back and laugh.  thumbsup.gif

Any belief is a self protecting device through which the mind disconnects itself from truth. Only a mind that is free from any anticipation, hope, and belief can act justly and in alliance with truth and reality.
-Krishnamurti

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
-Mark Twan

#12    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,412 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

I know it's cliche, but if I were the devil I'd do everything in my power to convince the world that I do not exist.  People would then live their lives totally oblivious to the consequences of their actions, then when they die................ THEY'RE MINE MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#13    Richdog

Richdog

Poltergeist

• 2,322 posts

• Iactans Exoletus!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

Seeing as I would know God does not make himself peronsally known in this world I would take control of the largest institution claiming to speak his word, The Catholic Church, and use that a base to create evil and mayhem safe in the knowledge that every bad deed I do is perceived as Gods work.

Easy. wink2.gif

Posted Image
“Well what did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically accross the pains…?” - Basil Fawlty, in response to an old woman complaining about the view out of her English guesthouse window.

#14    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

If I were the devil, I would invent Judaism and then later I would pick some Jewish rebel, promote him extensively, convince some mental basket cases that he was the Messiah (even though he didn't meet any of the criteria that I had put in the scriptures I dictated to men) and started Christianity, then after Christianity was instrumental in causing the fall of the Roman Empire and the start of the Dark Ages, I would stir the pot a little more by inventing Islam and making it where it hated Judiasm and Christianity and they hated it.  Oh, wait!  That's what's already happened - Hmmmmmm   mellow.gif :

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#15    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

Mights thoughts exactly Mako!

The Devil's greatest deception when he convinced Abraham that he was a good guy and that Lucifer was the evil one.........wink2.gif

If Jews, Christians and Moslems were really Devil worshippers it'd make far more sense of their constant warring.

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users