Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you were the Devil?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

Isis - 999

May I say that you are wonderful?!!  

thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

#32    Ha Ha

Ha Ha

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 208 posts

• What do you mean, what do I mean?

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

If I were the Devil and I wanted to fool mankind, I would allow them to continue to believe there is a heaven...

Ha(freakin')Ha!

"oh, grate..." From Monsters Inc.

"I don't respond well to intimidation Ted, it makes me feel icky."  Johnny Depp in Secret window.

#33    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 5,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

If i was the devil i would make prank phone calls to everyones house around dinner time.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#34    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:38 AM

If I were the Devil, What would I do to fool mankind? This is a hard question to even keep straight. The Devil is a very dear friend of mine. And He has done a splendid job of fooling mankind. I guess I would do just what He did seeing it has worked for thousands of years.

I would not let you know who I am. I would not even let Jesus know who I am (For awhile that is)

I would make Myself the Father of  Lies. Using a similitude for a prophecy being a lie till fulfilled, and not Truth TILL it is fulfilled.

(1KINGS 22:22) And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said,
I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all
his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail
also: go forth, and do so. (KJV)
(1KINGS 22:23) Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying
spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath
spoken evil concerning thee. (KJV)

I would have Jesus tell the Jews, They are of their Father the Devil. Not even Jesus knowing that He is really saying they are Sons of the Living God.

(HOSEA 1:10) Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as
the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it
shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them,
Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the
sons of the living God. (KJV)

I would make those with Judas likened to a wall in Revelation 21:17. 144 of them, and liken them to angels. Then ask Jesus to cast Himself down, Jesus not knowing it is to allow them to take Him, afflict Him, and in their hands bear Him upon a cross at Golgotha.

I would have James tell people that God does not tempt, But tell Moses I do. So let God be true, and even James a liar.

(GENESIS 22:1) And it came to pass after these things, that God did
tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold,
here I am. (KJV)

I would ask Jesus to command the Stones to be made bread, and mean to fulfill all the prophecies, To Fall down and worship Me, meaning to allow Himself to die. And Jesus resisting would lead all mankind to think the Devil has to be resisted.

So they would resist the Devil and He would have to flee, But Jesus is the One who I would require to flee when they resist the Devil.

(PSALMS 11:1) In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul,
Flee as a bird to your mountain? (KJV)

I would also give a lot of hints in doing this. I would show the Lord as He Hiss in Isaiah just to make people wonder.

I would have Jesus liken Himself to a Serpent on a Pole, I would have the Holy Spirit come down as cloven tongues at Pentecost. Giving them what they need, But what they are afraid to consider.

And when they see the Hiss, I will even add Hints to Hints.

(JOB 37:2) Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound
that goeth out of his mouth. (KJV)

I will even show them flat out Who I really Am. Knowing I have made them too afraid to look.

(MATTHEW 12:22) Then was brought unto him one possessed with a
devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind
and dumb both spake and saw. (KJV)

(EXODUS 4:11) And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's
mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the
blind? have not I the Lord? (KJV)

I will allow Jesus to command Me. So they think I am under Jesus, and Not His Father.

(ISAIAH 45:11) Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his
Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning
the work of my hands command ye me. (KJV)

I would hide the Word of God under the name of Satan, So that Satan desires to sift Peter:

(AMOS 9:9) For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of
Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet
shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. (KJV)

I would liken a conversation between God and Satan, Where God says to Satan, that He moved God against Job without a cause, Having already stated in God’s words, “I try the hearts and reigns of men.” So Satan or God’s word did move God, He said it, now He does it.

Fool mankind? He has. The Devil is God’s Holy name. And He is my Friend.

(PSALMS 99:3) Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it
is holy. (KJV)
(ISAIAH 45:15) Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of
Israel, the Saviour. (KJV)

All mankind is saved by grace. Hell was a place of sleep till Jesus died for sin. They all left with Jesus. Consider yourselves fooled quite well.

Ken

Know the Truth and it will set you free, Share the Truth, He's worth knowing.

#35    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif Another great but wrong post my friend!  You're simply taking those quotes out of context.  When studying the bible, you've got to understand old english and the way things are phrased.  They meant differently then than they do now!  For example, Somewhere in the Old Testament (KJV), it talks about King David and after a war, he gathered prisoners and the text says, "He put them to the saws and axes."  It might sound like he sawed and axed them to death, but what it means is that he put them to work.

If I were Satan, I would spend a lot of time throughout history creating new and different gods.  I am nothing but a fallen angel and could've easily started many religions just by appearing to someone...maybe like Mohammed.  Then Jesus comes to earth and dies for all humanity, so I create a church that would confuse Jesus' message and deny the real and only way to salvation, like the catholic church has done for centuries.  And then, later, as science and technology developed, I would make the world think, "Hey, there really is no God.  We all evolved from non-living material and this time, we have proven scientific methods to back us up.  Now that I have science backing me up that we evolved, I'm going to create a little hoax called aliens.  Knowing that Jesus will one day come back to rapture His church, the humans will be fooled into believing that aliens abducted them.  What a great hoax!  And now, because of evolution, the idea of aliens is much more believable!

#36    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:36 AM

Saucy.

Cute but no cigar. It would be bad for you to smoke anyway.

The Devil, even if He were that evil being mankind thinks, He is can not unsave you. Sorry but the works of Golgotha are a finished work.

Also, the Saws and Axes are understood to mean they were put to labor.

“Knowing that Jesus will one day come back.”? What Bible have you been reading? The KJV says He will not be coming back.

(JOHN 14:19) Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more;
but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. (KJV)

(JOHN 16:10) Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye
see me no more; (KJV)

The Rapture was part of the Old Testament prophecies concerning Jesus. Sorry, they were fulfilled at Calvary.

When Jesus took the sin of the world, the Dead were raised. Understand the Meaning?

(HOSEA 6:2) After two days will he revive us: in the third day he
will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. (KJV)

(ZECHARIAH 9:11) As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I
have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.
(KJV)

(ISAIAH 26:19) Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body
shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy
dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. (KJV)

Those Old Testament prophecies all concern Jesus, all fulfilled. The Dead rose WITH JESUS.

(LUKE 18:31) Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them,
Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by
the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (KJV)

#37    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:23 AM

Wow, Ken, you must not really read the New Testament much.

#38    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

If I were the Devil I wouldn't feel the need to fool with the Church, history, or any of that. I wouldn't even even have to try and get people to disbelieve in God..
If anything I'd use any tool in my repertoire to re-inforce that belief, by creating a sign or miracle or prophecy here and there..
The point is, I'd do whatever it takes to get Christians to believe they're absolutely correct in thier every belief with no glimmer of doubt in thier mind..The resulting monstrosities commited in the act of faith unchecked by self-doubt would not only damn Christians, but also turn away many possible new worshippers of Jehovah and Jesus...
Seems to working so far.. devil.gif

#39    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Falco Rex @ Jul 3 2005, 09:36 PM)
The resulting monstrosities commited in the act of faith unchecked by self-doubt would not only damn Christians, but also turn away many possible new worshippers of Jehovah and Jesus...
Seems to working so far.. devil.gif

View Post

Unfortunately, you are right.  The history of Christianity (or at least Catholicism) is a bloody and spiteful one.

But it's history.  It's in the past and we have no control over that.  What we do have control of though (limited as it may be)is the future though.  Learn from the atrocities committed in the past.  Ensure that such evil is not repeated in the future.

All the best,

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#40    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:54 AM

Saucy.

I read the New Testament a lot. But I also read the Old Testament to know what the Jots and tittles Jesus had to fulfill are. Daniel had to be fulfilled, Jeremiah, Isaiah, But not Peter, John, Paul. They often guessed what Jesus had accomplished, Often guessed wrong.

Falco Rex.

You are making a few assumptions. You assume God’s grace is not sufficient, You assume Jesus did not take away the sin of the world. You assume salvation was left in the hands of mankind, and you assume Daniel 9:24 was not fulfilled where Jesus makes an end of sin, and brings in everlasting righteousness.

God said all Souls are His, He holds the title. And if you look real close at people you see a “Not for Sale.” sign on them, Signed by Jesus Christ.

Ken

#41    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:18 PM

Actually Ken, you're making a few assumptions there yourself..
You're assuming the Bible is 100% true; you're assuming your God is the only one; and you're assuming that he controls the fate of every soul..
Hell, you're even pre-supposing the existance of souls in the first place..
You may, of course, say "Those aren't my assumptions, those are my beliefs..My Faith" but basically what is a belief but an assumption backed up with personal conviction?

#42    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

Falco Rex.

The Bible is not 100% true. The Old Testament prophecies God inspired and their fulfillment is truth. God sealed the Jewish Nation from seeing Jesus is the Christ so they would not know what the truth is, and He also sealed the Disciples and Paul from seeing many things, Like sin ended as accountable unto man at Golgotha. And that the Righteousness of Christ was placed upon all mankind, Even those yet to be conceived.

There is One God. He proves Himself. He tells what will happen before He does it. That includes the Creation story. It was not done till what is known as Good Friday, 29 ad. The Old Testament prophecies is a pre written history book. That is to the jot and tittle. and there are a lot of jots and tittles yet to be seen by mankind. But all were fulfilled the day of the cross.

God has foretold the fate of all souls, and all belong to Him.

I do not know of any other so called gods which have proved themselves. Even to the squealing of a bird.

Peter said he would not deny Jesus, That is not what he did, He did deny Jesus, and was cursing as he did it. and the bird squealed on him. One of those little jots.

(ECCLESIASTES 10:20) Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and
curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall
carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. (KJV)

(MATTHEW 26:74) Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know
not the man. And immediately the c*** crew. (KJV)

(LUKE 22:60) And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And
immediately, while he yet spake, the c*** crew. (KJV)
(LUKE 22:61) And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter
remembered the word of the Lord, how he said unto him, Before the
c*** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. (KJV)

I had to pull out of Matthew and Luke. Had they known the prophecy they would have had Peter cursing as he denied Jesus, the c*** crowing, and Jesus hearing the c*** crow turned and looked on Peter as the Bird just told Him that Peter was cursing Jesus in his thoughts. Which he was.

Add hundreds of these jots and tittles all fulfilled and I think there is more then an assumption. Not bad, over 40 different writers, over 1500 years of different testimony, all fulfilled in one day. Cute trick. Unless you happen to be God. Every event, even being in hell and the resurrection was fulfilled on Good Friday. The next two days were future similitudes for events which were already fulfilled. That goes into a little detail, But it all was completed by God.

Ken

#43    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, you are right. The history of Christianity (or at least Catholicism) is a bloody and spiteful one.

Don't blame just the Catholics....All flavors of Christianity has committed atrocities around the world and throughout the past 1700 years, the Native American with vouch for that, the African will vouch for that, the "heathen Chinee" will vouch for that, the Vietnamese Buddhist will vouch for that  and the Muslim in the Balkans will vouch for that (and that is to name just a few)!  The history of Christianity is far bloodier that even the Druids at least they only practiced human sacrifice, not genocide as the Christians have attempted around the world!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#44    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(mako @ Jul 5 2005, 09:45 PM)
Unfortunately, you are right. The history of Christianity (or at least Catholicism) is a bloody and spiteful one.

Don't blame just the Catholics....All flavors of Christianity has committed atrocities around the world and throughout the past 1700 years, the Native American with vouch for that, the African will vouch for that, the "heathen Chinee" will vouch for that, the Vietnamese Buddhist will vouch for that  and the Muslim in the Balkans will vouch for that (and that is to name just a few)!  The history of Christianity is far bloodier that even the Druids at least they only practiced human sacrifice, not genocide as the Christians have attempted around the world!  yes.gif

View Post

You just had to come in and stir the pot, didn't you Mako  angry.gif

I was speaking specifically of the crusades and other acts of genocide.  We speak of the Dark Ages and the atrocities committed during that time, right?  Is it also right to say that the Dark Ages were before the reformation and thus all there was was the Catholic church?

But regardless of whether we talk of the crusades, or other acts, the point I was making is the past is the past.  We cannot change our past, just learn from it  thumbsup.gif

All the best,

Edited by BFG, 05 July 2005 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#45    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

the point I was making is the past is the past. We cannot change our past, just learn from it

Unfortunately, our past is not over yet.  Ever heard of the Balkans?  They've been fighting there since Yugoslavia fell apart, does that ring a bell.  Heard of "ethnic cleansing"?  Still going on, the Christians are killing the Muslims as fast as they can and the UN and US are barely slowing them down.  I was there a decade or so ago and as I have said before, I held the body of a four year old in my arms that had been executed along with her village, for simply being Muslim!  NIce!  The troops that did it were caught and they believe that their religion demands the death of the muslims!  It is still going on!  Just because the American version has calmed down for now, doesn't change anything.  Like a  sleeping tiger, you never know when it will awaken and how hungry it will be when it does!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users