Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

York Hospital, Australia

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

These are just a few paragraphs from the story, it's quiet long and includes 3 adults versions of what happened.

Link... http://www.castleofspirits.com/yorkhospital.html

All seemed fairly quiet when Maureen cried out that there was a thing near the door, no-one else saw anything but Maureen took another of the strange turns. It was really something quite terrible to see, this complete change from an attractive, happy well-known friend into an unrecognizable, almost grotesque creature.

Even as they watched, Vinny started screaming and appeared to be fighting with herself. Suddenly she was shouting to them. "Why didn't you help me?" They looked at her in astonishment. "Well, you must have heard me - I was screaming." She held her throat. "Didn't you see her? She had me by the throat. She tried to kill me."
Joan said it must have been a nightmare. Vinny hotly denied this. How could it be when she was wide awake. And she proved it too by repeating everything the others had said. And when they looked at her throat they saw a bruise where Vinny said she felt something ripping her.

After Maureen arrived back from the pool, another of the girls went to her. The girl was very distressed and said there was blood under the stairway. There was too. Several watched this totally unexplained phenomenon. The blood appeared to ooze through the surface of the underneath section of the stairway. It was not daubed or smeared on. There was no visible sign of any human action involved.

user posted image

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#2    Pilgrim Shadow

Pilgrim Shadow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• Language is a virus from outer space
    --WSB

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:43 AM

That's an eerie looking old building, but without any evidence, who can affirm or deny the testimonials?

A functioning police state needs no police.
--William S. Burroughs

Posted Image

Who are the brain police?
--Frank Zappa

#3    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

It would be interesting to know if any studies were ever undertaken there.

The only info I could find was that it was sold to a private concern in 1998 and is not open to the public.  hmm.gif

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#4    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

this is one of those storys you can never really tell about i would like to know if anyone has done any research, i wonder  why someone would buy it and just let it sit there hmm.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#5    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:50 AM

Probably heritage listed.

The fact that there was so many witnesses and it wasn't used to make money leads me to believe that there may be something to this story.

HEY I WON!

#6    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:24 AM

:: Old York Hospital ::

[attachmentid=16081]

This haunted location was built in 1894-95 to accommodate the ever growing number of sick prospectors from the Goldfields. It ceased to operate as a hospital in 1963. It is now for sale. Approx $500,000 AU.

This was all I could find....
Old York Hospital

Attached Files

#7    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

It looks beautiful mellow.gif
Awesome story thumbsup.gif

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#8    roses42

roses42

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

These are just a few paragraphs from the story, it's quiet long and includes 3 adults versions of what happened.

All seemed fairly quiet when Maureen cried out that there was a thing near the door, no-one else saw anything but Maureen took another of the strange turns. It was really something quite terrible to see, this complete change from an attractive, happy well-known friend into an unrecognizable, almost grotesque creature.

Even as they watched, Vinny started screaming and appeared to be fighting with herself. Suddenly she was shouting to them. "Why didn't you help me?" They looked at her in astonishment. "Well, you must have heard me - I was screaming." She held her throat. "Didn't you see her? She had me by the throat. She tried to kill me."
Joan said it must have been a nightmare. Vinny hotly denied this. How could it be when she was wide awake. And she proved it too by repeating everything the others had said. And when they looked at her throat they saw a bruise where Vinny said she felt something ripping her.

After Maureen arrived back from the pool, another of the girls went to her. The girl was very distressed and said there was blood under the stairway. There was too. Several watched this totally unexplained phenomenon. The blood appeared to ooze through the surface of the underneath section of the stairway. It was not daubed or smeared on. There was no visible sign of any human action involved.

user posted image

#9    Carrie Anne

Carrie Anne

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• Anything is possible!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

user posted image

Oh good lord! That must have been horrific for her! I cannot even imagine going through such a horrible experience sad.gif

*(\O/)*Carrie Anne
- Really... "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

#10    Carrie Anne

Carrie Anne

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• Anything is possible!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:03 AM

user posted image

I read the whole thing, and I am freaking out, seriously. That is some scary sh**. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I would have stayed any longer after finding the blood. Sorry, NO WAY!!!! OMG!!!!

*(\O/)*Carrie Anne

#11    EDW74

EDW74

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

• I am that Damn Good!
    -removed quote; watch your language

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:49 AM

Probably heritage listed.

The fact that there was so many witnesses and it wasn't used to make money leads me to believe that there may be something to this story.

You know the difference between a good girl and a nice girl?

A god girl goes home and goes to bed, a nice girl goes to bed, then goes home!

Sorry to have gotten off topic, but I couldn't resist.

Ed's World
I'm an Idiot!
Through God all things are possible,
And if all things are possible through God,
Then  we live in world of infinite possibilities!

You all laugh at me because I'm different,
...And I laugh at you,
.....Because you're all the same

#12    Carrie Anne

Carrie Anne

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• Anything is possible!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:39 AM

You know the difference between a good girl and a nice girl?

A god girl goes home and goes to bed, a nice girl goes to bed, then goes home!

Sorry to have gotten off topic, but I couldn't resist.

oh Ed, Ed, Ed....  no.gif What in the world does this have to do with the price of eggs in China? Seems I am not the ONLY fruitcake around wink2.gif

*(\O/)*Carrie Anne

#13    EDW74

EDW74

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

• I am that Damn Good!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:51 AM

oh Ed, Ed, Ed....  no.gif What in the world does this have to do with the price of eggs in China? Seems I am not the ONLY fruitcake around wink2.gif

I'm not a fruitcake! I'm a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!

and it has to do with her sig.

Edited by EDW74, 08 January 2006 - 06:52 AM.

Ed's World
I'm an Idiot!

...And I laugh at you,

#14    Carrie Anne

Carrie Anne

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• Anything is possible!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:17 AM

I'm not a fruitcake! I'm a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!

and it has to do with her sig.

wacko.gif  You never know....you sure hit the nail on the head with that one  tongue.gif   innocent.gif  whistling2.gif

And surely by now you know how closely I pay attention to signatures......hehehe  rofl.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif

*(\O/)*Carrie Anne

#15    EDW74

EDW74

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

• I am that Damn Good!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

wacko.gif  You never know....you sure hit the nail on the head with that one  tongue.gif   innocent.gif  whistling2.gif

And surely by now you know how closely I pay attention to signatures......hehehe  rofl.gif  grin2.gif  laugh.gif

Ido, I do...... yes.gif

Ed's World
I'm an Idiot!

...And I laugh at you,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users