Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fallen angels

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Ciraxis

Ciraxis

I'm back until I get bored again

• 2,214 posts

• Heaven is a place where the trout are always rising.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know or does any text state what kind of angels fell from heaven?  What class were they, or were they just labeled as angels and nothing more?  Any one have a source?  I'm looking into something i thoughht of, but i can't continue without know if they were high angels or lower ones.  someone help.

#2    babayagafamiliar

babayagafamiliar

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

http://www.concentric.net/~serod/studies/angelic_ranks.htm

#3    Ciraxis

Ciraxis

• 2,214 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:27 PM

i've been to that site, but i don't rember seeing anything on the classification of the fallen angels.

#4    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

Hey Ciraxis.

What exactly do you mean by what class they were? It says how angels fell from heaven and mated with humans and such. And it says that 1/3 off all the angels fell from heaven with Satan. But I don't remember it saying anything about their class.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#5    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

There were two accounts of a mass fall of angels. One was with the original rebellion of satan when he refused (and the angels under him subsequently refused) to bow down to Adam, as satan claimed Adam should bow down to him as he was around first. He then proceeded to try and exalt his throne, and was kicked out with the angels under his command. He was the highest of all angels originally. He and the angels that fell with him became the first accusing angels with satan (or satanail) as prince over them. The angels from that rebellion were bound in the 2nd Heaven.

Those same angels (satan and his rebellion were allowed, at that time, to tempt/test/accuse their own kind as well as humans) that rebelled tempted several (200) of the then 'Holy Watchers' or Irin Qaddism, to fall and marry women. They obtained, through the archangel Michael an oath to fall based on the Creation of the world 'and by this oath....' etc (this is why taking an oath, any oath became forbidden). These two hundred angels did fall, were punished, and were bound in the 5th Heaven. Three however, gieven full blame for the other angels deeds (and later for a 'scapegoat' of man's deeds, read Exodus) where bound hand and foot and blindfolded in the wilderness for a period of 7000 years. There then was a division between the Irin Qaddism or Holy Watchers (there were still 7 rows of them left after the fall) of which they are all identical and 'twin' judgement angels. The fallen lot took on many forms however. The fallen then became known just as 'the Watchers' or the Grigori. These angels were NOT the originally fallen angels of the rebellion, nor 'satan's angels', they were Holy angels tempted by the rebellion.

As a result of this the 'War in Heaven' noted in Revelation where the archangel Michael kicked out the dragon who was accusing THEIR (angels) bretherin (other angels) night and day before the Lord as a result of this dragon's (satan) accusations againts them and causing many angels to fall. Satan then was demoted to accusing angel solely of humans, and God then tested His own angels.

There was also at this time an angel fall (Azza, also said to be one of the angels marry women) because he objected to the high rank given Enoch when he transformed into the angel Metatron. So God had him suspended between Heaven and Earth (mid space) one eye open one eye shut so he can he his impending crash to Earth.

So, yes, there are many accounts of angels falling. And to recap, the 'class' which is actually termed 'rank' of the angels was:

Satan: Cherubim, originally highest of all angels, as God had favored him and hiven him the most power)
Angels of Enoch: Irin Qaddism/Holy Watchers, after their fall, they were termed just 'Watchers' or more specifically the Grigori/Egrigori.

However, that being said, fallen angels DO retain their rank (even the watchers were still watchers, but satan, according to Jubilees, claimed a percentage of them to become accusing angels. Part of the Irin and Qaddism is that one angel takes your defense, and the other your prosecution on your judgement at death) and their jobs. They also, even when fallen remain loyal to God, even satan. His beef is with humanity, he's not stupid enough to fight God, and God Himself said that (afetr satan's fall, and the fall of the angls) that 'There is NO ONE at war with Me'. They also only fall for a set period of time. The angels of Enoch fell for 9 days (9000 years, one 'day' in Heaven is 1000 years on Earth, just as the 7 'days' of Creation were 7000 years on Earth), 7000 of them with the 3 given full blame on the Earth, 2000 in their hell, Pluto.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child, 30 June 2005 - 01:59 AM.

Posted Image

#6    Ciraxis

Ciraxis

• 2,214 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

i guess i'm wondering if any of them were seraphs or archangels or the wheel ones or the ones that look like animals(not sure of their name)  i know that 1/3 fell, but i was interested in knowing if their rank/ class or whatever was defined at all

#7    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Ciraxis @ Jun 30 2005, 06:04 AM)
i guess i'm wondering if any of them were seraphs or archangels or the wheel ones or the ones that look like animals(not sure of their name)  i know that 1/3 fell, but i was interested in knowing if their rank/ class or whatever was defined at all

View Post

Well, other than Satan being classified as a cherbim, I don't think the bible mentions as to what class they were. More than likely they were just normal angels. Otherwise I suppose it would have pointed it out. But then again I'm sure some were higher than others.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#8    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:17 PM

I just answered your question. The Irin Qaddism is a class of angel. The appear human like, are all identical 'twin' in plural and are of humungous proprtions, reported to have been higher in power and size than other angels.

Satan was a cherubim which is the '4 headed ones' 3 of which have animal heads, all of which are the 4 fixed signs of the Zodiac.

The 'wheel ones' are Ofanim, Archangels are archangels, just above the class just termed 'angels' but Archangels have a higher rank in a different sense because they hold the keys to Heaven and can visit the 10th Heaven where God is (not all angels can). The Highest class is Cherubim. Although some say Seraphim. Seraphim are giant 'serpents with blazing swords', the ones that guard Eden. There are angels with eyes of fire and eyes of lightning. The different classes have different forms, but ALL can appear human.

Posted Image

#9    Boris the Spider

Boris the Spider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Evil does not exist unless I think it so.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

Jeeez!

With devil in hell waiting to torment your ass forever and constant bickering in

heaven, where the heck can a guy go just to get away from it all?!! no.gif

#10    Zardoz

Zardoz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:26 AM

I have been reading a little about this and have found some clues by reading about the irin or the watchers. If you do a Google on either of these subjects it may give you some insights as to some of the fallen. The Old Testament does not mention the notion of the fallen angels whatsoever. The actual first reference to a fallen angel/s does not show up until the New Testament, specifically Revelation 12 --

" And his tail (the dragon's or Satan's) drew the third part of the stars of Heaven (angels) and did cast them to Earth... and Satan, which deceived the whole world; he was cast out into the Earth and his angels were cast out with him."

The rest of the mythos surrounding fallen angels comes from Babylonian texts and The Kabbalists.
I have discovered a very informative site concerning general topics on many religions and mythologies... http://www.pantheon.org/
Another interesting site....http://www.steliart.com/angelology_angel_names_I.html
Happy researching.

#11    Geoff

Geoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• Love commands the universe, man only resorts to control in the absense of love.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Ciraxis @ Jun 29 2005, 03:47 PM)
Does anyone know or does any text state what kind of angels fell from heaven?  What class were they, or were they just labeled as angels and nothing more?  Any one have a source?  I'm looking into something i thoughht of, but i can't continue without know if they were high angels or lower ones.  someone help.

View Post

I guess it depends if you are prepared to believe a modern revelation. If you are, this is far an away the best: The Lucifer Rebellion

I believe I know something about this, because I work a lot with midwayers, which are a type of spiritual being and 873 of their 1984 followed Lucifer into rebellion. As a result 1,111 were left when the rebels were locked up. And the 1,111 use the 11:11 time prompt which millions of folks are seeing.

http://www.1111angels.com

Edited by Geoff, 21 July 2005 - 10:42 AM.

#12    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:25 AM

There were two 'rebellions', and modern takes on such an ancient event really aren't valid.

Posted Image

#13    Geoff

Geoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• Love commands the universe, man only resorts to control in the absense of love.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Jul 21 2005, 03:25 AM)
There were two 'rebellions', and modern takes on such an ancient event really aren't valid.

View Post

You do say the most outrageous things. Celestial entities, like midwayers, are 37,000 years old, and have a faultless memory. When they explain what happened, it is as accurate as the quality of the channel. The memory of the event is not the issue. But the ancient "takes" are all in "holy books" and we all know how much they have been altered.

And there have not been two rebellions. Not in this part of the universe of Nebadon. But of course if you were referring to other parts of the universe....

#14    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:45 AM

Oh puh-lese don't feed me the 'you know how much they have been altered' bullshit. Yes they have been altered, key parts have ben removed, but guess what, originals still exist and can be read, and they have not now nor have they ever been altered. See they had this little rule - as told by GOD - then that it must all be ONE WORD no spaces, punctuation etc, so that it COULDN'T be altered or changed in any way. One letter mispelt and it was considered 'corrupt', that is why it was called 'THE WORD' as it was, quite literally, all ONE Word. THE Word of God. The Logos, comprende?

There were two rebellions, or rather, two mass 'falls' the first initaited by rebellion. I know what I'm talking about. Take a good hard look at my sig. When you know what that means, get back to me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child, 21 July 2005 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

#15    Geoff

Geoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Jul 21 2005, 10:45 AM)
Oh puh-lese don't feed me the 'you know how much they have been altered' bullshit. Yes they have been altered, key parts have ben removed, but guess what, originals still exist and can be read, and they have not now nor have they ever been altered. See they had this little rule - as told by GOD - then that it must all be ONE WORD no spaces, punctuation etc, so that it COULDN'T be altered or changed in any way. One letter mispelt and it was considered 'corrupt', that is why it was called 'THE WORD' as it was, quite literally, all ONE Word. THE Word of God. The Logos, comprende?

There were two rebellions, or rather, two mass 'falls' the first initaited by rebellion. I know what I'm talking about. Take a good hard look at my sig. When you know what that means, get back to me. thumbsup.gif

View Post

There does not exist a single "original" of the NT in Aramaic. There does not exist a single document of the NT that has been generally agreed to have been written before 50AD. You try writing an authentic account of something that happened 50 years ago. I am out of here. You are a Bible basher in disguise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users