Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canada

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#46    Kabutarian

Kabutarian

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Way to half-ass it, guys..

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(JuneyGirl @ Jun 29 2005, 05:25 PM)
Jesus Is Lord

Rom 14:11 For it is written, I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

View Post

... And how does this pertain to the topic at hand?

Posted Image

#47    JuneyGirl

JuneyGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(Kabutarian @ Jun 29 2005, 08:28 PM)
Jesus Is Lord

Rom 14:11 For it is written, I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

View Post

View Post

Just what it says.... everything you post say you will answer too.  thumbsup.gif

''Fear not; I am with you to the end of the age.” Jesus

#48    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:35 AM

JuneyGirl, if you won't make any sense in your posts, the topic will not stay open for long. You are just creating confusion.

#49    Lost_In_Thought

Lost_In_Thought

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

• "Dang.... There goes my Mind again!"

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(JuneyGirl @ Jun 30 2005, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE(Kabutarian @ Jun 29 2005, 08:28 PM)
Jesus Is Lord

View Post

View Post

Just what it says.... everything you post say you will answer too.  thumbsup.gif

View Post

hmm.gif Meaning what? This has nothing to do with the topic... huh.gif

#50    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Well I guess alone is better than dead.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:53 AM

you know I'm getting pretty sick and tired of being called unnatural.  No book should lead your life, and no one should tell you what to believe.  I for one, think that the attitudes toward gays is what causes the problems.  Mind your own business and you won't have to worry about it.

"That blog is gonna cause nothing but trouble."

If a broken heart could kill, I'd be long gone.

"Paul Bunyon didn't fight Rodan."

#51    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:59 AM

Okay, that was a little harsh, and some may have been offended by it,

No offense taken.
but i get deeply offended by people calling something as beautiful as one persons love for another to be unnatural and wrong, so there it is

It is wrong to insult something as beautiful as one persons love for another.  But there are different kinds of love.  For example, I love all my male friends.  But that doesn't mean I want to get married(frankly there is nothing farther from my mind.)  But I love and care about them.  But that doesn't mean I'm gonna marry them and sleep with them.
See, that's the thing. All the terrible things people associate with               are results OF BIGOTRY AGAINST GAYS. It's not the gays that are the problem, it's the people who think that they ARE the problem.

I have four gay friends, and I do not hate them in the least.  Occasionally we talk about their beliefs, but not often.  Usually we just like to hang out, like normal friends.  

I do not hate gays.  I am only concerned that it goes against my religious belief(and in two cases, theirs).

Also if everyone was gay it would be a complete breakdown of society.

Edited by eveningsky339, 30 June 2005 - 12:59 AM.

#52    Kabutarian

Kabutarian

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Way to half-ass it, guys..

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:02 AM

No, actually. It would just lead to an all-female society due to cloning.

Also, why'd you cut out the word "homosexual" in your quote of my post?

Posted Image

#53    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

Huh blink.gif

You know I've heard the arguments and all that.  I think it's all a load.  A big one.  But I'm going through a really bad broken heart and anything I say can and will be held against me.  

Some think it's wrong, some don't it really doesn't matter.  The whole argument just ticks me off.  Part of the attitudes is because of religion.  We all know it.  Religion is the great divider of all humans.

#54    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,735 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(eveningsky339 @ Jun 29 2005, 05:59 PM)
Okay, that was a little harsh, and some may have been offended by it,

No offense taken.
but i get deeply offended by people calling something as beautiful as one persons love for another to be unnatural and wrong, so there it is

It is wrong to insult something as beautiful as one persons love for another.  But there are different kinds of love.  For example, I love all my male friends.  But that doesn't mean I want to get married(frankly there is nothing farther from my mind.)  But I love and care about them.  But that doesn't mean I'm gonna marry them and sleep with them.
See, that's the thing. All the terrible things people associate with               are results OF BIGOTRY AGAINST GAYS. It's not the gays that are the problem, it's the people who think that they ARE the problem.

I have four gay friends, and I do not hate them in the least.  Occasionally we talk about their beliefs, but not often.  Usually we just like to hang out, like normal friends.  

I do not hate gays.  I am only concerned that it goes against my religious belief(and in two cases, theirs).

View Post

There you have it you are deciding for yourself what being gay means to you , clearly you have no problem, you are friends and beliefs have not been a problem, the only problem I see is an alliance to a belief system that says gay is wrong, maybe the system is wrong, it takes  very little courage to think for yourself because in being friends with your Gay friends you are doing that, I'm glad to hear you don't hate gays, Have you personally found any kinds of breakdowns in your world because your friends are gay. Religion doesn't teach how to think it teaches what you should think, try thinking for yourself more

#55    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(Pyxis @ Jun 29 2005, 07:06 PM)
Some think it's wrong, some don't it really doesn't matter.  The whole argument just ticks me off.  Part of the attitudes is because of religion.  We all know it.  Religion is the great divider of all humans.

View Post

You can't blame this on religion.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#56    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

Sorry JuneyGirl but you are just way too deep into religion IMO. I don't think God would spare some and send others to hell because they were BORN with something diffrent. I don't think God would force us humans to obey such strict rules in any given situations.

Your only arguments are: it's against God, it's not natural and worst of all, they can't reproduce. So what? God Himself told you that it was against him? Oh what, the Bible? Sorry but this book is man-made so unless you proove me that God himself approves it all, I won't take it in consideration. Didn't you think that maby the Bible was altered by some influent people over the years so they could take better advantage of it? Think about it... it's been over 2000 years...

Who cares if they can't reproduce? It's not as if we were in danger of extinction and it's not as if there are 50% gay people on earth. Clones? Haha, I think you are getting paranoid a bit there... there are not more and more gays on earth, only more gays that go out of the closet. Finally people start to be tolerant...

I have no religion. My philosophy? Here it goes: Listen to yorself. Do what YOU like  in life. Don't force yourself to go against your feelings just to obey some rules or to please others. The only real rule there is is to respect others and to let them be as is, whatever they do or whoever/whatever they are. If you do this, you'll be happy and others will ba happy around you. If you keep telling poeple what's wrong and what's good by following some man-made books or such, chances are you won't be fully happy and some people might find this frustrating.

Simple eh? I'm happy with that and yet have no real ennemy.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but I hate it when people think they have the ultimate anwser... there are none, do what YOU like, RESPECT others and you'll be happy. No need to follow the Bible or such. I beleive in God but IMO he just want us to be happy and to respect eachother. That's all. I don't think he minds if you sleep with many girls/boys just for fun (or else he wouldn't have made us that way) or anything like that. As long as you respect others and are happy it's ok. Dosen't it make sense?

I thought only quebec had gay people?

Hahaha. Very funny... damn americans... Québec rocks... more than the USA at least... you haven't seen our woman haven't you? Nah you didn't *drools*.

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#57    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:16 AM

I don't blame it all on religion, but it is a part of it.  You can't deny that.  Until people learn that what others do really isn't their business then the problem will always be there.

#58    JayMark

JayMark

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Our universe was created out of a desire. A desire to experiment, interact and evolve within a multitude of planes of consciousness.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:21 AM

Why don't humans go OVER religion a bit?

I won't force myself to follow any religion if it goes against my feelings.

Basicly any religion will for myself at some point. Even the catholic religion is a little exagerated IMO. There is some good but come on, who can respect every rules it points out and be prefectly happy inside of him? Not many...

Bartender says: "Sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here."

So you have these two faster-than-light neutrinos walking into a bar...

#59    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(Pyxis @ Jun 29 2005, 07:16 PM)
I don't blame it all on religion, but it is a part of it.  You can't deny that.  Until people learn that what others do really isn't their business then the problem will always be there.

View Post

I could be wrong, but I don't think the original argument was about gaydom being wrong.

I think the original argument was about gays getting married under a union of god and then having children.

I don't think religion is the main deciding factor in this. Whether or not it talks about homosexuality in the bible or not, wouldn't sway many peoples opinions. People would still feel the same way. There would just be less talk about it fitting into religion.

I for one don't really care if you or bobby joe is gay or not. Then only thing I dislike is how two members of the same sex can mock god by getting married under his name, and then having children. Of course I just talked about religion not being a factor, but I will not list my other opinions on this matter. Bottom line, if you are gay, then thats super. But if you are going to get married by a preist then make sure he is acting the part about joining two people under god. Otherwise, by all means have at it.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#60    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,735 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:27 AM

I can be so bold as to hold religion 100% accountable for the discrimination of gays
thats the only group of people opposed to fair treatment of all, others look at it in terms of what is good for one is good for us all, How can it be good to discriminate and hate how will that make us better as a society???  It won't we have proof everywhere, I hold religion responsible for the  majority of the problems The bible is the biggest advocate for hate and violence ever written.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users