Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How to ward off Evil Spirits

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

Hoagy, you're exactly right.

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#17    Hoagy

Hoagy

Gravediggers union - Local 138

• 2,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(xoisk @ Jun 30 2005, 09:33 AM)
Yea I've heard salt is a big good luck charm...

thats because of its purification properties yes.gif

It hurts more on the inside...
Posted Image
Zombie survival tips....

#18    CharmedFan3

CharmedFan3

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

• CHARMED
    PRUE.PIPER.PHOEBE,PAIGE

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

HERE IS SOME MORE STUFF I FOUND TO WARD OFF EVIL SPIRITS

Aloe spp - guards against evil and accidents
Angelica - Protection from evil spirits, exorcism
Boneset - ward of evil spirits
Caraway - protect against evil spirits, attract a mate, bag of caraway seeds in Childs bed to protect from disease
Fennel - protection, ward of evil spirits, purification and healing
Foxglove - grow in garden to protect home
Garlic - protection, exorcism, healing
Hazel-Protection against the dark side
Majoriam-Used in straka an herb that protects the home and chases evil spirits away when sprinkled
Nettle - removes curses, protects from evil, use in purification baths (cook first to remove sting)
Pure Salt-Very powerful in protecting the home and against demons.

Carrying a bell around is said to chase away evil spirits. Some reason the tingling of the bell scares them off or keeps them at a fair distance. There are other things you can do if you are into meditation you can apply the white or gold shield to yourself by imagining a wall of energy around you. Protection is very important it keeps evil things from following you home and it keeps evil at a distance.

TO KEEP EVIL FROM YOUR HOUSE

Make a magickal tea from any of the following herbs and then sprinkle some of it in the corners and doorways of you home to purify, defeat all wicked conjuring,

To Banish Unwanted Spirits

You Need: Sea salt

Surround yourself with a white light to protect you while you work

"With this salt I sprinkle about

I banish all negative spirits out

within these walls you may not stay

I ask you now go on your way

with harm to none

it shall be done."

Sprinkle the salt around

#19    Dr1273

Dr1273

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

• Not to worry, if you don't screw up your life someone else will do it for you

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

Pass gas..get's rid of everyone thumbsup.gif

"Sagittarius-Jovial, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, sincere, frank, visionary."

#20    Hoagy

Hoagy

Gravediggers union - Local 138

• 2,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(Dr1273 @ Jun 30 2005, 11:58 AM)
Pass gas..get's rid of everyone thumbsup.gif

or Tylenol, helps vanquish most spirits the morning after! laugh.gif

It hurts more on the inside...
Posted Image
Zombie survival tips....

#21    mcc0037

mcc0037

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• "My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades!"

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Passing gas! That was good.....I needed a laugh somewhere.....Evil spirits huh, right now they can bite my crank because I don't care about them and whatever they want to do with their so-called life go ahead because they are worthless in my life.....they could at least gave me some feedback on my stupid test (sorry taking out frustration after taking a stupid test)........okay well on a serious note there are many possibilities depending on your belief system and what psychologically makes you feel more secured. You got the icon theory depending on what suites you best, the salt theory (my shaman-wanna be friend says that it does the trick), chants (which he also claims does the trick as well), prayer, alcohol (which makes them your best friends until you drive them crazy with your autobiography stories of your life and past failed relationships), drugs you can be creative and make your own evil entities without you having to even try (depending on the drug), holy sh** man it all depends.....really my "spiritual therapy" to evil entities is playing sports, having no life (studying that is in the summer... mad.gif ) and praying to my God because it keeps me sane. Oh yea and if you're superstitious you do things to keep certain evil spirits away.....yea the list goes on I guess.......I apologize if I sound like a wise ass but this is just my opinion for the moment and when my mood swings then so will my philosophy/theory/knowledge.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22    x o i s k

x o i s k

Psychic Spy

• 1,184 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

It all has to involve how you control your mental stability…so you use a tool to balance it within place.

#23    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:52 PM

Sage- works by burning it and letting the smoke smother your body. Cup the smoke in your hands and rub it to your face, clothes, under your feet. Technique used by Native American-Indians.

Quartz- something about how quartz can break light into different spectrums.

Any good luck charm will work to mentally keep you calms and positive state of mind.

#24    KevinM

KevinM

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

There are basicly two ways an item can affect an evil spirit.  ONe is to drive i off the other is to anger it.   What items do which?  Thats the hairy part the list is exactly the same.  The difference is very simple. Use symbols and objects important to YOUR own faith.  Don't use Roman Catholic blessed holy water for example unless your roman catholic.  DOn't use do it yourself new age holy water unless your a new ager.  This is also true of sage, salt and every other thing ignorant web sites tell people to use.  If you use a symbol that is not part of your faith you will anger the spirit and gain no protection.

#25    babayagafamiliar

babayagafamiliar

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

On the salt thing, that's a corruption of an old Roman belief (still followed in Spain/Portugal/Latinamerica) that if you throw salt behind your back you get good luck. Salt was money/rewards for soldiers so a connection was made by them of sorts.

#26    damn_rogue

damn_rogue

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• You influenced someone today, was it good or bad?

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ Jun 30 2005, 06:31 AM)
Onions and garlic!

Or is that only vampires?

(lol) Cus vampires don't like to have a bad breath...  They care about their teeth more than we plainly humans do.

I know lots of people do have their priest to bless their new house before they move in.  It will not harm them in any way in the future when they're in that house.  But once I saw the spirit or unknown counter and I don't have the equipment with me right now.  I know I will be too late for that, but God's always there for me.  I'll just call him.  Sometimes I froze, but it takes all practice anyways.  original.gif

#27    Cendari

Cendari

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Philosophy is the love of wisdom, the art of wonder, and asking the tough questions.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:25 AM

I have used salt, burned a sage/ceder smudge stick, and opened windows.  I got the idea from someone discussing Native American rituals from another thread awhile back.

I also have a rosary and say several prayers.  I also have a St. Teresa medallion.  I'm not Catholic, but I do like the rosary.

An old folk tail is finding a horseshoe, making a wish, spitting on it, then hanging it somewhere.  I guess it could be a wishmaker or it could chase away evil spirits if hung above a doorway.  Windchimes are said to scare away bad spirits.  I'm thinking it's an oriental belief, but I'm not sure.

Christian prayer is the strongest thing for me.

Light accepted brings more light, light rejected deepens the night.  From a fellow philosopher.

#28    Chupacabra_Lover

Chupacabra_Lover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

[quote=CharmedFan3,Jun 30 2005, 12:35 AM]
In this thread we get to discuss ways of banishing or warding off Evil Spirits

MINT-wards off evil spirits

SALT IN UR POCKET wards off evil spirits
[right] [/right]
[/quote][quote=NME_locus,Jun 30 2005, 12:35 AM]Sage- works by burning it and letting the smoke smother your body. Cup the smoke in your hands and rub it to your face, clothes, under your feet. Technique used by Native American-Indians.[/quote]Quartz- something about how quartz can break light into different spectrums.[/quote]thank you! (my house is possessed/haunted)(noises, orbs,apparitions and the like)

#29    Chupacabra_Lover

Chupacabra_Lover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Hoagy @ Jun 30 2005, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE(xoisk @ Jun 30 2005, 09:33 AM)
Yea I've heard salt is a big good luck charm...

thats because of its purification properties yes.gif

Thanks again

#30    Chupacabra_Lover

Chupacabra_Lover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(CharmedFan3 @ Jun 30 2005, 01:45 PM)
HERE IS SOME MORE STUFF I FOUND TO WARD OFF EVIL SPIRITS

Aloe spp - guards against evil and accidents
Angelica - Protection from evil spirits, exorcism
Boneset - ward of evil spirits
Caraway - protect against evil spirits, attract a mate, bag of caraway seeds in Childs bed to protect from disease
Fennel - protection, ward of evil spirits, purification and healing
Foxglove - grow in garden to protect home
Garlic - protection, exorcism, healing
Hazel-Protection against the dark side
Majoriam-Used in straka an herb that protects the home and chases evil spirits away when sprinkled
Nettle - removes curses, protects from evil, use in purification baths (cook first to remove sting)
Pure Salt-Very powerful in protecting the home and against demons.

Carrying a bell around is said to chase away evil spirits. Some reason the tingling of the bell scares them off or keeps them at a fair distance. There are other things you can do if you are into meditation you can apply the white or gold shield to yourself by imagining a wall of energy around you. Protection is very important it keeps evil things from following you home and it keeps evil at a distance.

TO KEEP EVIL FROM YOUR HOUSE

Make a magickal tea from any of the following herbs and then sprinkle some of it in the corners and doorways of you home to purify, defeat all wicked conjuring,

To Banish Unwanted Spirits

You Need: Sea salt

Surround yourself with a white light to protect you while you work

"With this salt I sprinkle about

I banish all negative spirits out

within these walls you may not stay

I ask you now go on your way

with harm to none

it shall be done."

Sprinkle the salt around

thanks again again

0 user(s) are reading this topic