Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

College student gets F grade for mentioning God

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

How can you say this while in turn not having read one word of her paper? All you know is that it mentioned "God". Does this make it a load of garbage?

I believe the paper was a load of garbage based on it's premise...the belief that religion is vital in running a nation. Religion, in the past and the present, has actually been the greatest source of division among mankind ever divised...any paper based upon this premise is, quite frankly, going to be full of tripe.

Actually there was several laws that are base of religion in many nation.

Actually, you'll probably find that the laws which you believe are based on religion, are actually simply based on the social norms for any given social mammal...they're not in our code of laws because of religion, but rather our code of laws and religion share them based entirerly on the same source.

Every single society, including those who predate christianity and the ten commandments, have had laws against the like of murder and theft. Religion has nothing to do with it...it simply happens that a working code is in place to allow large groups of any given animal to function. By and large, this code is actually hard coded into our behaviour, which is why the vast majority of people are repulsed by such crimes.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#17    Funi

Funi

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

• Believe in yourself or no one will believe in you!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Like your way of thinking Seraphina.

"Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Bela Lugosi in Bride Of The Monster (1955)

Funi's Blog!

#18    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

Thank you I...

*looks at Funi's avatar*

.................Thank you, I aim to please.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#19    Funi

Funi

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

• Believe in yourself or no one will believe in you!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

stop looking at it
someone already stole it  mad.gif

"Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Bela Lugosi in Bride Of The Monster (1955)

Funi's Blog!

#20    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

The teacher was dumb. Although I don't think we should involve religion in our schools. I mean if one believes different that is ok. I mean what if he preached about "no God exists" this is wrong also. I mean we don't discuss things that offend others. Church and the home is the prper place. I mean the child was clearly trying to piss the teacher off., Well  it worked and she got an F.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#21    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

1) Church and public schools should be kept seperated.
2) She was correct in saying religion held an imortant role in the founding of our nation.
3) You have no right to take away someone's freedom given to them in the constitution just because you are a teacher.

The teacher told her not to mention her beliefs, but she did anyway. *applause*

Some of you people need to learn some things are more important than others.  Example: standing up for what you believe in versus a stupid college paper.

She has the right idea. thumbsup.gif

#22    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

Yeah but what if she fails the whole class because she wants to be a rebel. I am sure she could have chosen a different route. even though the history of our country is based on God.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#23    GodsMessenger

GodsMessenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

I don't know how the teacher got to be a teacher. It sounds like he/she has the mentality of a 12 year old.

#24    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

So, if a teacher/professor gives an assignment, with guidelines and parameters, the student should be free to disregard those guidelines and parameters because they disagree?

An example would be, say a discussion on the effects of de-criminalizing marijuana from a medical and legal standpoint, and refraining from personal and or religious opinions.  Would a student whose paper basically read "I think that legalizing pot is wrong because my religious leader tells me so", meet those criteria?  

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#25    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:01 PM

Also i think religion is a major part of a nation, if it is not then we wouldn't have iraqi raging holy wars and Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Just shows that religions are only good for creating strife, no matter what they pretend to teach. yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#26    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

BTW, do we know what news source this story came from?  I seem to have missed the link to it.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#27    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

I found the original posting it is here at this web address:
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45058
Hope that helps....I think the Prof should be hung, I may be anti organized religion, but I am pro religious freedom and freedom of speech!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#28    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(mako @ Jul 7 2005, 01:30 PM)
I found the original posting it is here at this web address:
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45058
Hope that helps....I think the Prof should be hung, I may be anti organized religion, but I am pro religious freedom and freedom of speech!  yes.gif

View Post

My thoughts exactly.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#29    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hope that helps....I think the Prof should be hung, I may be anti organized religion, but I am pro religious freedom and freedom of speech!

By that arguement, do you people harping on about this girl's freedom of speech feel that, had she been a Nazi, and had written a paper about how the Jews are the downfall of society, and that zionist conspiracies must be stamped out, that she should have passed with flying colours, regardless of whether or not anything she said in the paper was true?

It doesn't honestly matter what she chose to write about...she specifically chose to go against the criteria of the paper....that, and the premise for her paper remains a load of rubbish. While it's all very touching that you're leaping to the defence of a fellow christian (or something like that), it doesn't change the fact that she failed with good reason.

Posted Image

#30    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Seraphina @ Jul 7 2005, 01:48 PM)
By that arguement, do you people harping on about this girl's freedom of speech feel that, had she been a Nazi, and had written a paper about how the Jews are the downfall of society, and that zionist conspiracies must be stamped out, that she should have passed with flying colours, regardless of whether or not anything she said in the paper was true?

View Post

The sad truth is that she would have probably gotten a better grade had she chosen to write about this instead of God.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users