Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

College student gets F grade for mentioning God

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

The problem I have with this article, is that it reminds on the one about the 4 christians who were supposedly arrested for praying.

Then it turned out that they had shown up at a gay pride event, and were determined to disrupt the event and tried to charge the stage.

They were arrested and charged with disturbing the peace, and resisting arrest IIRC.  I will find a link.

When I said that the 'news site' had a bias, I meant that they were selective in what details to push.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#47    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(BurnSide @ Jul 7 2005, 08:40 PM)
If a professor states a guideline for a paper, you follow the guidelines.
If you do not, you fail.

The same have happened if the professor asked the article to be about god, and the student deliberate made the article nothing about god. They would have failed.

That is what school is. Doing the work you're set, and getting graded on it. If we're going to start passing people who can't even follow a simple guideline, why don't we just give everyone diplomas for doing nothing at all, and we'll see where that goes.

rolleyes.gif

View Post

I agree Burnside.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#48    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

I found the story of the 4 Christians.  It was on Snopes.com

Philidelphia four

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#49    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:27 PM

Read it.....typical skewing of the information that is perpetrated by the extreme right wing Christians.  I do feel sorry for them, having to sit through hours of atheistic TV broadcasts on Sunday mornings, having Atheists try to force Atheistic prayers into the public schools, making students read the "Atheist Manifesto", having to suffer through Atheist putting Atheistic Commandments in Court Houses and other public buildings!  It's so sad what Christians have to put up with, so sad that Atheists have all the political power in America!  blink.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users