Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Politician calls constituents "Idiots"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Melladior

Melladior

Poltergeist

• 2,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:04 PM

Politician Tells Voters They're Idiots

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) A New York state lawmaker says he's embarrassed after he mistakenly sent out an e-mail message that referred to his constituents as "idiots."

Assemblyman Willis Stephens says he thought he was sending the e-mail to an aide. Instead, he sent the note to nearly 300 people on an online discussion group that focuses on the community of Brewster.

The message included the comment that he was quote "Just watching the idiots pontificate."

Within an hour of sending the message Monday morning, Stephens sent another e-mail apologizing for the slip-up.

I wonder if "the idiots" will reelect him for another term. It makes one wonder who's stupider; the people who elected a man who thinks they're idiots or the man who can't figure out how to properly address an email?

#2    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:08 PM

He's a politician....what can you expect? disgust.gif

#3    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

Ha... ironic callin his people idiots when he can't even work email properly! ha, that IDIOT! rofl.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#4    arben

arben

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

• Well I looked in my moms closet and saw what I was getting for Christmas, an ultravibe pleasure 2000

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(Melladior @ Jul 1 2005, 04:04 PM)
Within an hour of sending the message Monday morning, Stephens sent another e-mail apologizing for the slip-up.

View Post

Well there goes his political career  w00t.gif

Posted Image

#5    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,450 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:06 AM

Yep, the real funny thing is, there are a hundred more politicians (at least) that feel the same way as he does (probably).

btw, Melladior - is there a source for this information?

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#6    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

Well, let's just wait until the next elections come up there, and see if he's still in office...if he is, we'll see him proven right grin2.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#7    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,483 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

devil.gif Was that a slam at our President, Commander and Chief, Leader of the FREE WORLD!

Very good Sepaphina! thumbsup.gif

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#8    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:01 AM

Nice, real flippin nice. disgust.gif We pay his salary folks!

#9    Melladior

Melladior

Poltergeist

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(BFG @ Jul 2 2005, 09:06 AM)
btw, Melladior - is there a source for this information?

View Post

El Source

#10    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,450 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Melladior thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#11    sublime_serenity75

sublime_serenity75

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Melladior @ Jul 1 2005, 10:04 AM)
Politician Tells Voters They're Idiots

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) A New York state lawmaker says he's embarrassed after he mistakenly sent out an e-mail message that referred to his constituents as "idiots."

Assemblyman Willis Stephens says he thought he was sending the e-mail to an aide. Instead, he sent the note to nearly 300 people on an online discussion group that focuses on the community of Brewster.

The message included the comment that he was quote "Just watching the idiots pontificate."

I wonder if "the idiots" will reelect him for another term. It makes one wonder who's stupider; the people who elected a man who thinks they're idiots or the man who can't figure out how to properly address an email?

View Post

LOL-how funny! grin2.gif I would bet the farm that "the idiots" send this guy packing from Albany. angry.gif I think deep-down ,most politicians wish their "idiots" were more understanding of complex issues and wouldn't roast them over something that perhaps the average guy on the street only understands in a superficial way.  I'm sure most of them feel like this guy deep-down, but this guy's inner-"Id" got the best of him. laugh.gif

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical
ss's hangout

#12    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

what a dumba$$!

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users