Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

FRESHWATER SHARKS

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• Only in the darkness, can you see true light...The Steel Circle

*by Isis*

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:02 AM

I have read that several saltwater sharks can live in freshwater for a short amount of time.

What do you think of the possibility of the a shark being in the process of 'evolving' into a animal that can survive indefinitely in either salt water and/or fresh water?  And what could the enviromental repricusions in the future be?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

'Even now in Heaven there are Angles carrying savage weapons.' - Saint Paul

#2    Pilgrim Shadow

Pilgrim Shadow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• Language is a virus from outer space
    --WSB

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(JayRob303 @ Jul 2 2005, 03:02 AM)
I have read that several saltwater sharks can live in freshwater for a short amount of time.

What do you think of the possibility of the a shark being in the process of 'evolving' into a animal that can survive indefinitely in either salt water and/or fresh water?  And what could the enviromental repricusions in the future be?

View Post

So, you thought you were playing it safe swimming in the lake instead of the ocean, when all of a sudden: CHOMP!
The following summer you're going to take no chances at all.  You and your prosthetics go to the YMCA...
where you encounter the terrible, the ugly, POOL SHARK!
w00t.gif

A functioning police state needs no police.
--William S. Burroughs

Posted Image

Who are the brain police?
--Frank Zappa

#3    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• Only in the darkness, can you see true light...The Steel Circle

*by Isis*

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Pilgrim Shadow @ Jul 2 2005, 02:37 AM)

What do you think of the possibility of the a shark being in the process of 'evolving' into a animal that can survive indefinitely in either salt water and/or fresh water?  And what could the enviromental repricusions in the future be?

View Post

So, you thought you were playing it safe swimming in the lake instead of the ocean, when all of a sudden: CHOMP!
The following summer you're going to take no chances at all.  You and your prosthetics go to the YMCA...
where you encounter the terrible, the ugly, POOL SHARK!
w00t.gif

View Post

ack...a chlorine tolerant shark blink.gif

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

'Even now in Heaven there are Angles carrying savage weapons.' - Saint Paul

#4    matthewgoad

matthewgoad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

KNOCK KNOCK!!!

Who's there?

LAND SHARK!

Man I miss those old Saturday Night Live bits

#5    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:26 AM

there are only a couple of type's of shark that can live in fresh water the bull shark and i think the great white(not sure about GW)but even they can not speed large amount of time in fresh water, and remember the lakes are feed by the ocean so the waters not really all that fresh!any way its about time for shark week on Discovery Channel and they always address this type when it starts i'll let you know; it's runs from8:00 to 11:00 every night and you will learn more about them  then you ever wanted to know! rofl.gif  laugh.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#6    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:34 AM

Great Whites I don't think can tolerate Fresh water the only one I know for definate is the Bull Shark however I do think there may ba another but not sure?

Posted Image

#7    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(XSAS @ Jul 2 2005, 07:34 AM)
Great Whites I don't think can tolerate Fresh water the only one I know for definate is the Bull Shark however I do think there may ba another but not sure?

View Post

I think your right i am not sure about the GW either but i remenber that there were two types that could but there are so many species i don;t know if doing a search would help,but maybe someone else already know's unsure.gif

Edited by isis-999, 02 July 2005 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/

#8    CommieX

CommieX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• God shmod! I want my monkey-man!

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

There are several types of freshwater sharks. I, for one, own a Chinese banded highfin shark in my aquarium. They just arn't man-eaters.

Posted Image

#9    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(CommieX @ Jul 2 2005, 08:03 AM)
There are several types of freshwater sharks. I, for one, own a Chinese banded highfin shark in my aquarium. They just arn't man-eaters.

View Post

but what about the salt water sharks that can go into freshwater, we know the bull shark can what is the other one do you know?

Posted Image

#10    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

There are over 43 species of freshwater sharks but I thought we were concentrating on the ones that travel from Salt to freshwater?

Posted Image

#11    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

yes that is what i thought as well,  grin2.gif

Posted Image

#12    nathan_heller

nathan_heller

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Hello from the Goblin Universe

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

View Post

There is a species of  freshwater Bull Shark that lives in Lake Titicaca in Mexico.

Nathan

#13    Misweetangel

Misweetangel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(nathan_heller @ Jul 2 2005, 06:07 AM)

View Post

There is a species of  freshwater Bull Shark that lives in Lake Titicaca in Mexico.

Nathan

View Post

remind me never to so swimming there lol grin2.gif

#14    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

Welcome to UM Misweetangel

Posted Image

#15    isis-999

isis-999

• 5,312 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:29 PM

yes yes but does anyone know what shark. besides the bull shark can live in fresh water just long enough to hunt, but then go back into the ocean wink2.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users