Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do ghosts scare you?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    AlienSama

AlienSama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 02:09 AM

An appropriate question for this board. Does ghosts in anyway shape or form actually scare you?                                                      

#2    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 06 July 2003 - 04:07 AM

It's hard to be scared of something if you haven't seen one before                                                      

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#3    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:35 AM

I thought that I saw one once ... and it really freaked me out ...  ph34r.gif
and now I think there is one in my room ... he he ...  laugh.gif
but it does not scare me ... because I am not sure if it was a ghost ... it in in a clock that I have ... when my grandfather died he had a clock that he used to put beside his bed ... and I took that clock and keept it in my room ... I had it for 6 years and I works perfectly ... but these days it starts to make sounds on its own with out me clicking on any buttons ... it is a talking clock ... even sometimes when I inter my room ... it starts telling the time ... but I did not even come near it ... I try to stop it but no use ... he he ... I have to leave it till it stops on its own ... I really don't know if there is a living ghost in it ... but still it does not scare me at all ...  original.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#4    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:47 PM

i'm afraid of some... like, really creepy ones covered in blood or missing a limb... but not shadow people, they're just wierd...                                                      

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

#5    Abducted

Abducted

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

no way...                                                      

#6    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 10 July 2003 - 08:48 PM

Would I be scared, probably not.  Would I freak a little, maybe at first.  I think it would be more adrenaline and excitement than actual fright.  I saw the Shadow People about 6 years ago, but have never consciously seen anything else.  I want to though.    

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#7    Tioria

Tioria

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:48 AM

I have had several reported sightings. But then again I have an overactive imagination so I guess it is hard to tell whether it was real or just my mind manipulating things to make it seem as if a foreign presence was there.

My first sighting was when I was 8 years old. We lived in a 3 bedroom house in a small town and whenever we would go to leave the house if lights were left on, we would go to turn them off and they would turn off by themselves. The really eerie part was that the switches would be changed from up to down. Then at night several times my room would get really cold and I would see a man sitting in the closet with a gun pointed at me, so for the longest time I slept with the closet  door closed. I still am not sure if it was just tiredness or what, but I did find out that a suicide happened in the house involving a guy and a gun. Who knows, maybe he was trying to help us save on electricity.

My second encounter was in New Orleans at Destrahan Manor when I was 11. My mom and I were doing the tour through the old antebellum home and were left behind on the tour looking at a young child's bedroom. It was very humid and all the windows were sealed tight yet we noticed a slight breeze, however there was no fan or air conditioner reported to be on. Then all of a sudden the rocking chair in the corner began rocking back and forth. Well we figured it could just be the movement of the floor that caused the horse to rock, but then all of a sudden we looked at the bed, there was nothing there just a flat old bed spread and then as we were watching it we saw a butt imprint emerge on the mattress. A little weirded out we inquired about the happening and they replied that a little girl haunted the rooms and they had several sightings of her and even photos.

My 3rd encounter was in an old dilapidated cemetary. As a teenager, my friend and I would always traipse out in the woods. There was a cemetary there that had only 3 graves that could be seen the rest had been covered over with underbrush, weeds, and dirt. We used to always go out there to walk, smoke, make out whatever it was we were into at the time. The cemetary is on a base reservation so alot of the time we would have to dodge the Mp's in the woods. One day we heard a strange noise like an old wagon train, I guess, so we darted in the woods thinking it was the Mp's but when we came out we never saw a car or truck yet there were clear markings of where old wheels had driven through, but not normal car wheels like that of wagon wheels. A little weirded out we left.
I found out several years later that the cemetary belonged to a huge plantation in the 1800's and that the former owners were robbed and murdered. Supposedly their stash of money was hidden in the barn and when grave robbers came searching for it after finding none in the grave they went into the barn, but they never came out, the barn burned down that night and their skeletons were found a week later. Weird huh. So I am not sure if it was a trick of the eye or the real deal.

Posted Image

#8    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:49 AM

I would probably be scared at first, but then you would get used to them.

But as has been said, it is hard to be scared of something that you have never seen.  That said I do not get scared at horror films, yes they make you jump, but so does Jurassic Park, when the Raptors jump through the window.

Other than that I may have seen a ghost cat once, there was this cat lying on the ground but it did not have a head, the one moment it was lying there and the next it was walking around, but it stopped and looked at me.  That was weird.    

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#9    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:01 AM

To a degree I am scared - probably more of the unknown factor than being worried about being hurt. I hope that I could overcome this if I ever had a close encounter with a ghost.

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#10    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:50 PM

Whenever I see a ghost, I get freaked out for a second, then I return to normal.  Sometimes try to communicate with it.  It has only worked once, though.  The only time I'm afraid of a ghost is if it takes a threatening form or something like that.  Never have I seen a ghost like that, though.

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

#11    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:59 PM

Whenever I see a ghost, I get freaked out for a second, then I return to normal.

How often do you see apparitions, Ghostboo?  Can you tell us about any of your experiences? original.gif  

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#12    Shiftycove

Shiftycove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:15 PM

The only experience I ever had that was ghostlike was when I was going down a hallway at night (no lights on in the house but moonlight through the windows and I could see my way adequately). All I saw was something that looked like thin mist or smoke swirl across my path from right to left on the landing ahead of me. There were no windows open and if mist or smoke there was no obvious source (and the hallway was not along an outer wall).
However, even at the time, although it did cross my mind, 'ghost' seemed an un-necessarily extreme explanation. I never mentioned it to anyone else in the house, partly because what I saw was so etherial and ill-defined anyway, and because I was never sure just WHAT I had seen anyway. I kind of leaned towards it being a trick of the moonlight, but then light has to reflect OFF something, and that 'something' seemed to be floating across an empty landing.

If I was confronted by a ghost in human-like form, fear would probably not be an issue. I would be more likely to find myself torn between a natural presumption 'it' was only there because it needed my urgent help (and I would want to help if I could) and my desire to 'pump' it for interesting information about itself.

#13    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:01 PM

Well, I've seen a ghost and I can honestly say that all noble intentions about communicating, helping and maybe even learning went straight out of the window as I tried to run in four directions at once and then HAD KITTENS

#14    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:18 PM

I think If I came face to face with a ghost, I'd probably pull a "shaggy" (scooby doo) and try to run away but not move because my legs would just be frantically spinning in circles.

In my only supposed ghost related event (it may have been a dream, but it feels so real) I woke up to find an entirely black figure with shining white smiling teeth hunched over and staring in my face. Upon seeing this, every ounce of Oxygen immediately exited my lungs in one gigantic GASP!

I'd dismiss this as a dream, but after telling my mom I thought I saw a ghost..she said "was it black with big white teeth?" Apparently her and her sibling used to see this thing when they were younger. They called him "the cowboy" because he looked like he wears a cowboy hat. My little sister also has seen "the cowboy" in her room.

Thinking about all that is scary enough now.

#15    angel_psychic

angel_psychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:28 AM

Would I be scared of a ghost?  No way.  I have been around them ever since I can remember.  If I did not see them,  then I saw their effects.  Example,  things getting knocked off,  or floating in front of me,  footsteps in the middle of hte night, etc.....    I have seen them too.  When I was growing up,  I would think when I went to sleep,  or when we left for an extended amount of time that no one would dare to break in!  I mean seeing things float in front of you would scare off the burglars better than a watchdog, lol! laugh.gif

Seriously tho,  ghost do not scare me at all.

seek not only what can be seen, but strive for the unkown, to continually expand upon what is already learned.  
Never take what someone says as gospel truth,  but investigate and verify it yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users