Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two new monkey species discovered

UM-Bot

news icon rConservation International announced today the discovery of two new species of titi monkey in Brazil’s Amazon rain forest.

The findings are published in a just-released special supplement to the journal Neotropical Primates.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Innovations Report

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• girty1600

• __Kratos__

• fallingalien

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is there a lot of new species being discovered and re-discovered this year? blink.gif

Never the less pretty sweet!

It does seem that way, doesn't it?

One of the species, Callicebus bernhardi, or Prince Bernhard’s titi monkey, is remarkable for its dark orange sideburns, chest and the inner sides of its limbs, its reddish-brown back, and a white-tipped black tail.

Sounds like a neat little critter. yes.gif

Every year countless species of creatures are discovered all over this planet that we had no idea existed, yet there aren`t many primate species we dont know about, usually its just insects and sea life that make up the majority of the new species`s being discovered.

Cool, wonder why we are finding so many new animals, i wish we could find the ones that are hiding from us--BIGFOOT,NESSIE, hmm.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• 7 years later...

More and More new species are found each day I believe. BigFoots, Nessies, etc. Lets just hope their ain't any 'Vampire Bigfoots' out there. :D