Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

whats under solomons temple?

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#271    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 11 August 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

Oh, yes. Very nicely said. :yes:

Of course, in saying it you might be labeled one of the Big Meanies of Orthodoxy, as well as being charged with hiding "THE TRUTH." It's fun being a "skeptic," ain't it?

Kmt, I'm a big mean metalhead, most often found in the moshpit at a concert. I don't mind being called a Big Meanie of Orthodoxy, I even see it as a badge of honor. Besides, some people wouldn't recognize "THE TRUTH" if it hit them squarely in the head, because of the fringe glasses hiding it. So there really is no need to hide it.

Aaaaah yes, I love the smell of debunked fringe in the morning.

Skeptic and proud.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#272    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,903 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

Please forgive my interruption......I know it's off-topic but I can't resist it after that fine post by TheSearcher.  (was tempted to also add Robert Duvall)

Edited by Eldorado, 12 August 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#273    StarLord

StarLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

I'm wondering,  has anybody guessed that the PLO was under there yet?

#274    tbsabc

tbsabc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

View Post00buckshot, on 10 July 2005 - 05:58 PM, said:

in the immortal technique song "point of no return", he says, he figured out what was buried under solomans temple, and then he said "al aqusa". im sure this has something to do with the templar knights, and masons, but i dont know much at all about solomons temple, or what al aqusa is, so could somebody fill me in?
gf

#275    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

View Posttbsabc, on 24 November 2010 - 10:02 AM, said:

gf

Not wanting to be pedantic or anything, but what is it you want to say here?

Publilius Syrus.

#276    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,304 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 24 November 2010 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not wanting to be pedantic or anything, but what is it you want to say here?

I was wondering that, too. It's fun to imagine all the different things "gf" could mean.

I'm not a big fan of necroposting but as lone as someone else is guilty of it, I actually have something to add to this old, old, old discussion.

Not long ago I was trying to find out information on the uses of infrared scanning of stone monuments, specifically for the "mysteries of pyramid" thread where cladking was wailing about the absence of such imaging of the Great Pyramid. I was trying to learn more about it to see if the technology would even be worth applying to the pyramid.

I couldn't find much information at all relating to the Great Pyramid, but I happened to come across a web page summarizing the use not long ago of IR scanning of the Temple Mount. This wasn't just setting up a tripod with a little IR camera like they use on Ghost Hunters, but evidently an involved and expensive experiment using advanced imaging equipment.

I just tried to find the same web page and was unable to. Ain't that always the case? <_<  Anyway, this team went through an expensive and careful IR analysis of the Temple Mount and found...nothing, really.

Something to think about, perhaps. But for now, once again, what in the hell does "gf" mean? This was tbsabc's first post, but a note to tbsabc: we need more than two letters. :lol:

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#277    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 25 November 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

Anyway, this team went through an expensive and careful IR analysis of the Temple Mount and found...nothing, really.

The secret could lie therein that Salomon's temple never was on the temple mound. All we have evidence of is that there was temple there built 300 years after the "supposed" Salomon lived that was razed by Herod the Great to build a bigger one (later razed by the Romans).

To find what is under "Salomon's Temple" you first will have to find the temple.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#278    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 25 November 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

I was wondering that, too. It's fun to imagine all the different things "gf" could mean.

I'm not a big fan of necroposting but as lone as someone else is guilty of it, I actually have something to add to this old, old, old discussion.

Not long ago I was trying to find out information on the uses of infrared scanning of stone monuments, specifically for the "mysteries of pyramid" thread where cladking was wailing about the absence of such imaging of the Great Pyramid. I was trying to learn more about it to see if the technology would even be worth applying to the pyramid.

I couldn't find much information at all relating to the Great Pyramid, but I happened to come across a web page summarizing the use not long ago of IR scanning of the Temple Mount. This wasn't just setting up a tripod with a little IR camera like they use on Ghost Hunters, but evidently an involved and expensive experiment using advanced imaging equipment.

I just tried to find the same web page and was unable to. Ain't that always the case? <_<  Anyway, this team went through an expensive and careful IR analysis of the Temple Mount and found...nothing, really.

Something to think about, perhaps. But for now, once again, what in the hell does "gf" mean? This was tbsabc's first post, but a note to tbsabc: we need more than two letters. :lol:

Kmt, my friend, the fact that Gosthunters is a bad TV show, should tell you something. The equipment they use is sub par to begin with. But I think I know the experiment you talk about, sadly enough I have the same problem you have, I have lost the URL.

But QM does have a point, it's never been conclusively proven that Temple mount actually was the location of Solomon's temple, so any research done there is based on speculation and assumptions.

Publilius Syrus.

#279    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,113 posts

• Oops.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Here's what I could find at most in regards to the infrared imaging: http://www.bible.ca/...nt-infrared.htm

It's a Bible site, so I'm not sure it's terribly accurate. I can't look at it to much now.. about to head off to eat turkey!

I found a few references to a Doctor Zuckerman, but couldn't find anything referencing the temple under his name.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#280    Asheron

Asheron

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should"

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 08 September 2009 - 05:35 PM, said:

LOL Maybe that's where the priests' harem was hanging out when the temple was destroyed for the last time. Digging under there for treasure, the Templars were much more excited to find harem women...a bit dusty and wrinkled, but serviceable nonetheless. :lol:

HAR HAR HAR TOOTHLESS OLD GIRL HAREM I REMEMBER THE MOVIE STARRED BY JIM CARREY I THINK ITS YES OR SOMETHING :)) SERVICEABLE INDEED KMT :D :D :D

"Protula akri gonatizum vlaza!"

"The greatest harm can result from the best intentions"

#281    Ove

Ove

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

whats under solomons temple?
There is a tomb under Solomons temple (Dome of the Rock).
Like the tomb of Abraham, it's a cave with a hole entrance.

Posted Image
Entrance to Solomons tomb (cave) Jerusalem

Posted Image
Entrance to Abrahams tomb (cave) Hebron

The crusaders made a new entrance to the tomb (cave).
The original hole entrance is seen at the end of the video.

Edited by Ove, 02 December 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#282    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

View PostOve, on 02 December 2010 - 10:30 AM, said:

There is a tomb under Solomons temple (Dome of the Rock).
Like the tomb of Abraham, it's a cave with a hole entrance.

Posted Image
Entrance to Solomons tomb (cave) Jerusalem

Posted Image
Entrance to Abrahams tomb (cave) Hebron

The crusaders made a new entrance to the tomb (cave).
The original hole entrance is seen at the end of the video.

True, but yet there is no evidence that Solomon's Temple ever stood there.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#283    oray360

oray360

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

in the immortal technique song "point of no return", he says, he figured out what was buried under solomans temple, and then he said "al aqusa". im sure this has something to do with the templar knights, and masons, but i dont know much at all about solomons temple, or what al aqusa is, so could somebody fill me in?
i'v heard that song...and i'v always wondered what he meant.but some guys here makin comments have made some sense about it.

#284    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Technique is a top drawer mc (seen him live twice)....but his grasp of politics and religion is a little off kilter to say the least...

#285    When Are We Free

When Are We Free

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

First off, in the Immortal Technique song, he does not say he figured out what was burried under Solomon's Temple. He says that the Templar Knights figured it out. Now when he says "Al aqsa, the name is not coincidental he is just really trying to make a rhyme, nothing more. Al aqsa literally means farthest mosque which does not help the situation at hand. Nonetheless, I will look more into that in order to cover all aspects of this "Investigation".
Maybe one can even provide a link for us of the song being played backwards for any encoded messages. A horrible guess but one can never know........

Now, people have been back tracking on this question by commenting on the actual temple location.  Regardless of peoples' assumptions of something not existing in one place or the other because their is no hard evidence, could and can be used in basically every ancient establishment that is no longer standing.

What we know is that Solomons temple was located on the Temple Mount, lets assume that as fact for a moment and not rebel just yet. Next, I remember reading in this very post that the Templar Knights were sent purposely to excavate under Al-aqsa or to look for something under Solomon's Temple.

Also, many viewed that the knights found great treasure and then they became "powerful". That would be unlikely because the Knights did not really need any more wealth then they were recieving after their name was recommended by some important people of the time. Nobels would give everything to the Knights service since they were supposed to enter the Knighthood with nothing because they were originally called the something along the line of  "Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon". The seal of the knights originally was 2 knights riding on one horse to show how poor they were.
Additionally, the "banking" everyone was talking about was the knights accepting the goods from the pilgrims who wanted to go to the Holy land, in return the Templar gave the pilgrims a "bank" note which, when they arrived at Jerusalem, could be exchanged for money of similar value to what they gave to the Knights. This allowed the pilgrims to become less of a target for the muslim raiding parties which slaughtered many pilgrims and were the reason the knights even came into exsistence.

So it most likely was not riches, and I do not think it was dirt, and I do not think it was a lunch box. When you try to be funny.... make sure it is something that someone might think is funny also, and not a corny punch line used at a family gathering that people ironically laugh at because they feel uncomfortable.
  What the knights found could be one of many things, some are bias due to their own belief system, whether athiest, christian, muslim, or some alien worshipper. Unfortunately, that is something many tend to fall victim to.
   What my religion is, is not important. I believe though, that whatever the Templar Knights found, that if we can possibly find out what they found, we will also find the answer to life itself. Whether we were looking for it or not.
   Also, many people feel that the Knights were executed because the Pope felt they were a threat. That could be partially true but unlikely since, I believe, the king of France at the time was pressuring to execute the Knights because he had a great debt to them and wanted to take advantage of the situation at hand. That situation was that they were keeping secrets or some did not like some ceremony they were holding. However, the Templar knights were tortured into confession of many different things, most likely false confession, into all sorts of sins at the time. Personally, I think all their confessions were due to the fact that they were being tortured and it seems that is the most probable and "common sensical"... assumption.

Someone brought up that they may have found God's name, others say some sea scrolls, some say other important documents on life, the ark of the covenant, the holy grail?, and still others say dirt...
   For those who say dirt, or nothing, I respect your view on the matter. Since the romans destroyed Solomon's Temple and the temple was rebuilt, the Romans probably took or destroyed some valuable items. That does not mean they destroyed or took EVERYTHING. It is said that the Templar were excavating for something, the Romans did not "excavate" to anyones knowledge, so that means if something was under the temple, it would still be there. The same goes for the second time it was built.
Since the "farthest mosque" was built right over the remains of the 2 Temples, it makes it almost impossible to excavate to really find out if their is anything else under the temple mount. It is said that the Templar Knights were excavating for nine years? That means they could have dug a good amount in order to find something. But with modern technology we could do what they did in 9 years, in less than 9 months. So could it not be also that there is more to be excavated? Yes it is practical and likely, now how much more is the question.
Excavating under the third holiest place for Muslims would cause some large fight do to the extremeists in Islam. So excavating is not an option until their is some kind of WW3? (as someone posted about earlier). So if their is or is not something still there is a better question. Maybe the Templar found something but it only was a fraction of what was or is under the Mount.

I also tried to look at Solomon himself for many clues aswell. Solomon was said to be the "smartest?" man their ever was and will be. Someone stated this earlier in this forum. Some were lead to the conclusion that maybe Solomon found something aswell that was stored by Enoch, like the ark of the covenant. That is an interesting theory and I would love to do some more research on that, even though it is just a unlikely theory. But would make sense as of now because it is said Solomon had great knowledge. But to dispute that, it is said that Solomon prayed for the wisdom to help his kingdom and god granted him that gift of knowledge. That is going off a Christian or Catholic point of view, or even Jewish i think. For muslims, Solomon was a prophet and it seems as I learn more about all these religions, the more they seem like some are runoff of the other... like a tale forgotten but told again by someone who just has the slightest idea of what they are talking about, then altered to clean up the gaps found in their holy book.  

After a lot of research of these religions and wanting to know which one, if any are correct I concluded that the best possible way of life, is a life of true happiness and satisfaction at almost a neverending cycle. Once I find True happiness, I believe I will also find the answer to life itself. The bible says that physical(exercise?) is good for a little(happiness?). Now I know first hand when I am working to perfect myself physically that the after effects feel so good and and I am so happy that I feel at times that life does not get any better than this!  Now notice it says physical exercise is beneficial for a LITTLE, now to me if that is a little I can not imagine what a lot is. So I encourage everyone to on their way the way they think will make them TRUELY HAPPY and if they want to follow all the rules of the Bible or Quaran then test it! See for yourself and if you are not truly happy then you know that you are not in the right belief system. But you must stick to it and really try it and at the end of maybe a few months or a year and you have done everything the way your belief system said and your not on a HAPPY "HIGH" then one should change their belief system. Notice though, in the Bible it talks about not being a slave to your own desires. I always liked that one because if you just do everything you feel like doing you really are just a slave to your own pathetic desires. Hey, some people might like that because they are afraid of what they will have to do to get out of their current system of things.

Also someone pointed out that it all lies within the architecture. I have looked at the layouts and the temple is in the apparent shape of a human with a heart, nose eyes, limbs, etc.  I do not think the answer is in the layout since the layout is kind of self explainitary, whether you believe the layout was divine instruction or not. It is a human and maybe one can guess that means that it has something to do with Adam or life or someone is burried under the temple. I will look into that more aswell, regardless if it is indeed a unlikely hypothesis.

Now I noticed a lot of you ignore some interesting assumptions of others because they did not have a bibliography at the end of their essay. I will tell you right now that practically All my information that I have written has come from this Forum itself. I spent about 14 hours or so straight at one time trying to understand, "Now what is this mean or how about that history?"  And reading all your comments and external links, links connected to links connected to links and so on. So if you reall want a source for my "INFO" you can just copy and paste the URL in the address bar at the top of your screen.
   I might have left something out that may have been of some importance so do not explode into emotional tyranny just yet(Sumeria i will study up on that later aswell). Also, forgive me for my gramm"e"r since I believe most of you can grasp what I am trying to say without 100% perfection on my part. Feel free to destroy and attack my comment because I am not here to try to tell you that I am right but I would like to hear what you have to say and try to research and understand why something I wrote is unlikely or if something else is a better conclusion. Thanks.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users