Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bride and Seek

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Maekrix

Maekrix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Black Ops @ Aug 28 2005, 05:41 PM)
*Scrathces off hide and seek game from "to do" list for the wedding*

No husband would ever give up that easily if he couldn't find his wife....

View Post

Agreed..
if that was my wife I'd not give up looking for her until she was found.

Have you been touched by His noodly appendage?

#17    roppi311

roppi311

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• all wars are civil wars, for we are all brohers

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

i've heard that many times

Posted Image
me blog! www.peta-sucks.com delivering the truth since i don't know when

#18    Jake Blood

Jake Blood

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• MAN.U ROCK!!!!!!! I can't here you.UNITED ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thankyou all you Chelsea fans

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:14 PM

but he was totally p**sed with booze

This Halloween,the power is unleashed.The spooks will come back.But there is one they cannot withstand.JAKE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!The power is back

#19    Alianluvr101

Alianluvr101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:55 AM

Bride and Seek

During the wedding reception of a young couple, the guests decided to play a drunken game of hide and seek. It was decided that the groom was "it" and he eventually found everyone except his new bride.

The longer he searched the more frusturated he became and he was soon furious thinking she had left. He decided the game wasn't funny anymore and went home without his bride. As weeks went by, he accepted that she'd had second thoughts and went on with her life so he did the same.

A few years later a cleaning lady dusted off an old trunk in the attic of the building where the reception had taken place, out of curiosity she opened it.

Inside the trunk was the rotted body of the missing bride who'd apparently became locked in the trunk she'd chosen to hide in. Whether she'd suffocated or starved was unknown, but her face was frozen in a scream.

That story was in a book. I have read it before. Very good story though.

#20    Masika

Masika

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Awww I like this story. Its actually been on YouTube but yes it is in fact fake.

#21    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

What a stupid-ass game to play at a wedding reception.  Couldn't the original fabricator have come up with a better backstory?  Like some chick in a big, expensive wedding dress is gonna squish herself into a trunk for funzies.  As if..... :hmm:

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#22    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Never heard this one before. If it was true, it's a wonder he didn't smell her while she was decomposing.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#23    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

I've heard of it before. There is an old manor house in England that's haunted. Unfortunately I can't recall the name. I know it's not Moreton Corbett,which has a different ghost story to it. I think the name of this manor house starts with an "F" and has been mentioned in books. A young bride of one of the heirs to the manor during the wedding celebration with some other people went and played hide and seek.She climbed into a large chest and closed the lid. Unfortunately the tongue which fit over the loop to which you could attach a padlock of some sort,prevented her from opening the chest,in any case,for some reason she couldn't open it. They searched everywhere for her,but no one found her,till many years later. It's said she haunts the ruins of this manor house. You might want to Google the bride in the chest,and this manor house 's name may come up.This english manor house is a real place,so there maybe some truth to it.Some of these old stories like that of the ghost of Marion Le Bruyere  at I think Rochester Castle invovle real people who actually lived.That's like lady Lily Lumley at Lumley Castle. She was a member of the Lollards,they were a group who were considered heretics  by the Catholic Church,much as the Cathars were.Some monks from a nearby abbey or priory came one day when her husband Sir Ralph Lumley was away to see her.They tried to get her to convert back to the Catholic faith.When she refused, they murdered her.
When her husband returned and found out what happend, he had these monks killed. Both Lady Lumley and the monks haunt the castle. The Lollards were a real group,whether you could consider them an early form of protestant I'm not sure.The only medieval hersey that still exists today are the Waldesians,from their founder,Peter Waldo. You can find them on Google too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users