Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hmm I need Help

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    JohnnyBoyC

JohnnyBoyC

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

I am a Catholic, but I believe in reincarnation, meditiation, psi, and spiritual enlightenment. Is all this against my religion? I am i going to hell? crying.gif

Posted Image

#2    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:43 PM

You tell us.  What does your religion and faith tell you about these things?

If you say you are Catholic, then you must believe in the bible, the rewards of heaven and the punishments of hell.

So, what do you think?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#3    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Johnny,

Reincarnation- no this is not againist we are reborn in Christ therefore souls are reincarnated.

PSI- don't know what this is

Meditation- deep prayer this is what your doing right? your praying?

Spiritial enlightenment?

Please give a little more info. Thanks 101

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#4    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(JohnnyBoyC @ Jul 11 2005, 01:11 PM)
I am a Catholic, but I believe in reincarnation, meditiation, psi, and spiritual enlightenment. Is all this against my religion? I am i going to hell? crying.gif

View Post

Good thing you came here first... go to the Church and they will beat you, gag you, hold you and chant spells over you to release the demon!

reincarnation is against Catholic religion. So therefore is a sin. You can confess to the priest and/or you can be cleared before death with your last rites. I believe your last rites clear all sins and grant you into Jesus' love.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#5    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:16 PM

So Catholics don't believe we are reborn in Christ. I mean I know that is what I believe but I am not Catholic. I hope you are doing okay.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#6    Something Like Laughter

Something Like Laughter

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• You want religious fundamentalism? I'll show you religious fundamentalism!

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:21 PM

i would ask your local priest.
QUOTE(__Kratos__ @ Jul 11 2005, 02:09 PM)
Good thing you came here first... go to the Church and they will beat you, gag you, hold you and chant spells over you to release the demon!

View Post

if they do that to you, change churches.

Edited by Something Like Laughter, 11 July 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Did you become what you are so that you could hate?
Death to the World!
Orthodox Christian
Minarchist

#7    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

if they do that to you, change churches.

I should hope so!  Good one! grin2.gif  original.gif  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#8    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

I dont think you would go to hell for that.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#9    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,019 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

JohnnyBoyC, why are you Catholic?  If you believe in things that are not approved of in your religion what is the point of following it.  Maybe that is not your Path.  I know I thought about Buddism, but I found it was not my Path, so I moved on.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#10    Lostchild1962

Lostchild1962

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Enemies who mistake kindness for weakness always regret it

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

I think you should beleive in whats best for you.. original.gif

*Thank you Barman for the awesome avatar!!!*

* If you are in the Truth Business you do not get paid very well. In fact you might find yourself in all kinds of trouble, be hated and have your reputation smeared. *

* Remember strong nations are not destroyed from the outside in,but from the inside out. *

* If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will *

#11    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,581 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:21 PM

Make your own path.  If you believe in reincarnation, and paranormal things, you aren't Catholic.  This doesn't mean you can't believe in God and Jesus anymore.  With all of your varied spiritual interests, it might be the time to divorce yourself from organized religion (ie Roman Catholicism) and build your own spirituality.

Its fun original.gif

Embrace the impossible.

#12    JohnnyBoyC

JohnnyBoyC

Psychic Spy

• 1,367 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:38 PM

Opens Eyes for first time... can I still go to Heaven if I believe in these things?

Posted Image

#13    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,019 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

All Paths lead some place.  If heaven is what you want then I am sure you will find your way.   original.gif

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#14    Numb

Numb

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:56 AM

Its not bad to keep an open-mind to the possibilities of reincarnation, meditiation, psi, or spiritual enlightenment. Who honestly knows if God even exsist or not. The exsistance of God has been a long debated topic between scientist. There are several theories that can prove God exist or if God doesn't exsist. No matter how hard we try to prove it, we really can't because simply we dont know. How do you even know if your really practicing catholicism by believing what you read in the bible? The bible has been translated into many diffrent languages. Ever heard "lost in translation"? How do we even know if vital parts of the bible have been mistranslated or reworded to something totally diffrent than the original text. I say believe in what you want to and do not let catholocism keep your mind from wandering to the possiblilities that lie out there. The only way will ever honestly know the true answers is until we die and until then enjoy life. And to anyone who bothered to read my long post thanks for reading this far.  original.gif

Btw im new here so hi everyone!

#15    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:14 AM

Johnny,

Reincarnation has been accepted since the beginning in BOTH Christianity and Judaism. Some sects of Judaism don't accept it now, but most do. Even Jesus talked about reincarnation when He said 'No one shall eneter the Kingdom of Heaven lest ye be born again'. This is NOT talking about 'born again Christians' or being 'born again' when you're Baptized, it's talking about literal reincarnation. The reason behind it being that when you screw up, you have to be 'born again' to go back and fix up whatever you screwed up the last time. Jesus even talks about the reincarnation of angels into humans (if you can call that 'reincarnation') etc. As do other books.

PSI, there's no reason why that's againts God, or meditation etc. Christianity as a whole (and even Judaism nowadays) holds onto rules which are NOT defined anywhere in text, but solely from man's own fear of certain things. Even sex before marriage isn't defined ANYWHERE throughout the Biblical texts as being a reason to 'go to hell' et al. And the other one, sex solely for procreation. NOWHERE does it say that, did Adam and Eve procreate in Eden? I think not. That aside, it's not outright said ANYWHERE.

Follow the rules as they were written, not the way people interpret them. That's what I do anyway. God gave you a mind t think for yourself, and the free will to make your own decisions. Use it, wisely.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child, 12 July 2005 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users