Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sharing my belief...

Sc4v3ng3r

hello all, Im all new. I wanted to share my belief. But to introduce myself , I also wanted to share my old ones, until I took the path im in now. U could skip that part and go directly to my main point wich I indicated with ----------

Sorry 4 my english, im a french separatist canadian.

I was a STRONG christian believer until I were 17. Whenever I felt emotional pain, scared or whatever that made me feel weak, i prayed. Ohh lord save me, be with me, like a poor and lost homo-sapien.

Then I fell on Rael's(the anti-christ in my opinion) books, and for some odd reason I completly fell for it. I always had a fascination with the extra-terrestrial phenomen. As a kid I wanted to be a ufologist! HA! So It was my transistion from a believer to an atheist, without loosin the religion pattern wich consist of "believe in my sh**, and you'll live 4 ever". That was until I started to read more about evolution. Wich proved me how ridiculous rael's doctrine was. I find it hard that there was actually some scientist that believed that crap. It was in complete contradiction with modern day science.

Then I decided to simply believe in nothing. I took the duality for granted. We are what we are because we couldn't be anything else. Still, it was kinda empty as a belief, so I fed my thirst with psychology books. Learning about the subconscious made me realized how mechanic and predictable we really are. So I were now a determinism beliver, conviced that whatever we decide, choose or do, is predetermine. It might be true, but its rather a bad thing relying only in this belief because it makes you passive. Those were dark days.

The best thing i found to do in these dark days was to simply admire the wonders of nature wich popped out after 14 billions and a half years. I watched tons of Animal documentary, especially with primate and Feline. I never found as much as fascination in nature as in the time I was christian. Being Atheism could only help me to realize how incredible and lucky we are to witness such art.

Althout I was a nature lover, I was addicted to technological progress, and how far it could go, especially in the robotics field and AI. I had already seen the Matrix trilogy, but after seing it again at that time made me realize alot of things, especially with the upcoming technologies. I never believed that our body could lie in the "reality" while we are in here...But I did and still do, believe that in the future, it will be possible to simulate life, from it beginning(big-bang), to its more complex form. And im not only talking about just an environment, but the whole evolution thing including mankind, could be the result of a precise mathematical code, wich duplicate itself into more complex codes. Somebody here posted a link to an essay about the singularity in human's technological development. This only conviced me life is nothing more than program, who's programmer is also trapped in the same situation, and we will probably do the same, bound to as it is our nature to push everything to its limits.

-----------

My conclusion, biological intelligence and machines are both theedge of a pattern that consist of creating each others on different scale.

I have no proof if im right or not..i really dont care.....but what im sure of is that IF we really are part of a program, all of life's mysteries could finally be explained(except for the program it self, why, how..ect...but then again, its a concept of duality and continuity, its either this or nothing ,period)

examples.

Ghost activity: When somebody dies and leave its presence under that kinda form, could be compare as a program that was unpropely uninstall, and some component still are in the registry. Okay, maybe not that simple but u get the point. If you notice, Ghost are always stuck in a pattern that, most of the time, depends on the way they died. They are not fully conscious being. They are not "soul" by definition. Its literally a glitch. An uncomplete deletation.

Evolution: evolution science does not recognize a form of intelligence in its process. Everything is a balance of random mutation pushed by radiation, and natural selection to keep the good ones. Relying only on these factor, it would take 6 billions years to create anything like a jellyfish. Thats why it cannot convince creationist. But evolution is intelligent. As it process began, a database was instaured. In it everything that was created, every physical law, EVERYTHING THErE IS TO KNOW, is repertoriated. Thats why there are creature so extremly well adapted to their environement. Random mutation, even with Natural Selection, could never give birth to an insect that looks evactly like a leave, or oraganized colonies such as ants and bees. its a simple program with a humongous database. And its is intelligent. God? hmm if so he may may look like this

decrement_count()

{ pthread_mutex_lock(&count_lock);

while (count == 0)

pthread_cond_wait(&count_nonzero, &count_lock);

count = count - 1;

pthread_mutex_unlock(&count_lock);

(that was random copy pasted sh** btw)

Psychic powers: As being part of one of the two edge, maybe its proper to human to alter part of the program he lives in. Pretty much like in Matrix 1, the spoon bending. Only that everything is real. Then again, it could be a glitch, because people having this ability remain rare.

Heaven!?: Why not, could be possible. The moment you died, your present data is tranfert to another program, wich could consist something like some universal knowledge data base. You could also dispose of a body, and watch the world's evolution on a big plasma TV, skip parts, wutever. Sleep for thousand years, wake up catch the rest, or whatever u missed.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Anyway, real or not, believing in this allow myself to be in peace, as nothing seems

impossible, everything is explanable. It respect both the concept of duality and infinity....and between yall and me, we know that a simulating life program could without doubt, be a reality in the future. What proves that we aint part of it.

There's also a paralle belief I got, wich I believe by reading the essay on the singularity. The program that started universe would have 2 fonctions. Be stable, materialize itself into an intelligent entity. I see universe as a dead brain. All the neurons are there, but theres no connection at all. After singularity it is said that makind will spread trought the universe at the speed of light(wormhole travel). If we are not alone , there is good chance that we encounter alien races that also are into post-singularity. Both of them will share their knowledge, and pursue their journey. If u can see the whole universe, and imagine all the intelligent life slowy spreading everywhere, connecting with each other, this could remind the connection being established between neurons. And it would go on until intelligence triumh over everything and the universe will be counscious of itself.(what after, i have no idea!!)

True or not, could make on hell of a science fiction story. Shotgun on it. MINE!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sc4v3ng3r

• Jodie.Lynne

• Dang

• deathinabottle

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the UM boards, Sc4v3ng3r.

As long as your beliefs bring you some measure of comfort, thats OK by me. thumbsup.gif

Each of us are on a journey, taking differents paths to reach the same destination. Enjoy the trip.

I just taught of some other unexplained mystery, that my conception of life could explain.

Nostradameus's prediction is without doubt extremly hardcore. Some of them did not achieve..yet?, but in my opinion, there are enough to convinve me of it habilities.

The prediction phenomen isnt much a mystery if we assume that life is "software".

Nostradameus in his infinite wisdom(the guy was really intelligent), must've had acess to life's database whenever he went into a trance state.

Now, we dont know the brain's maximum potential, but what we know is that for some gifted people, it could act like a super computer. I red a book in wich There was cases of peoples that could instantly give the answer of a 15 feet long equation, loaded with square root and exponential and such...they were call supercalculator.

Nostradamus should had somekind of mental hability helping him to calculate elaborate stuff in a fraction of a second. Having acess to life's data base while in trance(like contacting god..?), his brain must've render him several mental image of the future, based on the calculation he incounsciously made(or may he got acess to a program calculating it for him..). I mean...ive talked about determinism. Its that same concept, buttefly effect. Everything that where at that time(anything from nature, adn of all human kind to the political situation), had to lead to something specific few hundred of years later. Nostradameus has seen alot of these images, wich where all possibles consequences of the future. Not all are true. It is a very complex calculation wich got a considerable marge of error. But still can be very accurate. The 2 first anti-christ, WTC, nuclear strike, world war II, pope assasination. In theory, such program could be posible, but it would take a mind much more efficient than ours to create it...it ll take an artificial one.... Techno has no limits.

Hi NC4.... Your english is very good. The "Programmer" has blessed you with some intelligent "software" for you are a deep thinker.

As I sit in my easy chair responding to your post I watch my 15 year old son play a new video game called "Destroy All Humans. Right now he's cruising around in his flying saucer radomly destroying buildings cars and assorted little people. It's just something to do on this hot summer day.

So I got to thinking that what if your right? Life is just an illusion. That everything that happens is just part of a super computer's game that has no beginning and no end. And like my son's game, will we be one of the lucky little people who escapes the player's eyes?

Maybe were real live "Sims"! All part of a super galatic internet game where each of us is being controlled as to what were doing by some creature we cant even imagine.

Imagine this. You are a creature playing a new game called "earth" And your little planet is going very well. Cities are popping up all over the place. Trade is strong and things couldn't be better. then pops up a message on your monitor saying "You have only ten minutes before your planet earth is totally covered with water. Do something fast before all you worked for is destroyed." So quickly you think "I'll have my earthlings build a large a boat of some kind. I'll have to concentrate on just a few earthlings, too many to save all of them. And they'll have to match up male and female animal pairs also.......

All in all. It's still religion. Programmer. God. Enter. Life. Escape.

Whats the difference.

What is the meaning of life? To know, love, and serve The Programmer.

Oh! and Welcome to the forum.

End Program.

• 1 month later...
hello all, Im all new. I wanted to share my belief. But to introduce myself , I also wanted to share my old ones, until I took the path im in now. U could skip that part and go directly to my main point wich I indicated with ----------

Sorry 4 my english, im a french separatist canadian.

I  was a STRONG christian believer until I were 17. Whenever I felt emotional pain, scared or whatever that made me feel weak, i prayed. Ohh lord save me, be with me, like a poor and lost homo-sapien.

Then I fell on Rael's(the anti-christ in my opinion) books, and for some odd reason I completly fell for it. I always had a fascination with the extra-terrestrial phenomen. As a kid I wanted to be a ufologist! HA! So It was my transistion from a believer to an atheist, without loosin the religion pattern wich consist of    "believe in my sh**, and you'll live 4 ever". That was until I started to read more about evolution. Wich proved me how ridiculous rael's doctrine was. I find it hard that there was actually some scientist that believed that crap. It was in complete contradiction with modern day science.

Then I decided to simply believe in nothing. I took the duality for granted. We are what we are because we couldn't be anything else. Still, it was kinda empty as a belief, so I fed my thirst with psychology books. Learning about the subconscious made me realized how mechanic  and predictable we really are. So I were now a determinism beliver, conviced that whatever we decide, choose or do, is predetermine. It might be true, but its rather a bad thing relying only in this belief because it makes you passive. Those were dark days.

The best thing i found to do in these dark days was to simply admire the wonders of nature wich popped out after 14 billions and a half years. I watched tons of Animal documentary, especially with primate and Feline. I never found as much as fascination in nature as in the time I was christian. Being Atheism could only help me to realize how incredible and lucky we are to witness such art.

Althout I was a nature lover, I was addicted to technological progress, and how far it could go, especially in the robotics field and AI. I had already seen the Matrix trilogy, but after seing it again at that time made me realize alot of things, especially with the upcoming technologies. I never believed that our body could lie in the "reality" while we are in here...But I did and still do, believe that in the future, it will be possible to simulate life, from it beginning(big-bang), to its more complex form. And im not only talking about just an environment, but the whole evolution thing including mankind, could be the result of a precise mathematical code, wich duplicate itself into more complex codes. Somebody here posted a link to an essay about the singularity in human's technological development. This only conviced me life is nothing more than program, who's programmer is also trapped in the same situation, and we will probably do the same, bound to as it is our nature to push everything to its limits.

-----------

My conclusion, biological intelligence and machines are both theedge of a pattern that consist of creating each others on different scale.

I have no proof if im right or not..i really dont care.....but what im sure of is that IF we really are part of a program, all of life's mysteries could finally be explained(except for the program it self, why, how..ect...but then again, its a concept of duality and continuity, its either this or nothing ,period)

examples.

Ghost activity: When somebody dies and leave its presence under that kinda form, could be compare as a program that was unpropely uninstall, and some component still are in the registry.  Okay, maybe not that simple but u get the point. If you notice, Ghost are always stuck in a pattern that, most of the time, depends on the way they died. They are not fully conscious being. They are not "soul" by definition. Its literally a glitch. An uncomplete deletation.

Evolution: evolution science does not recognize a form of intelligence in its process. Everything is a balance of random mutation pushed by radiation, and natural selection to keep the good ones. Relying only on these factor, it would take 6 billions years to create anything like a jellyfish. Thats why it cannot convince creationist. But evolution is intelligent. As it process began, a database was instaured. In it everything that was created, every physical law, EVERYTHING THErE IS TO KNOW, is repertoriated. Thats why there are creature so extremly well adapted to their environement. Random mutation, even with Natural Selection, could never give  birth to an insect that looks evactly like a leave, or oraganized colonies such as ants and bees. its a simple program with a humongous database. And its is intelligent. God? hmm if so he may may look like this       

decrement_count()

{ pthread_mutex_lock(&count_lock);

while (count == 0)

pthread_cond_wait(&count_nonzero, &count_lock);

count = count - 1;

pthread_mutex_unlock(&count_lock);

(that was random copy pasted sh** btw)

Psychic powers: As being part of one of the two edge, maybe its proper to human to alter part of the program he lives in. Pretty much like in Matrix 1, the spoon bending. Only that everything is real. Then again, it could be a glitch, because people having this ability remain rare.

Heaven!?: Why not, could be possible. The moment you died, your present data is tranfert to another program, wich could consist something like some universal knowledge data base. You could also dispose of a body, and watch the world's evolution on a big plasma TV, skip parts, wutever. Sleep for thousand years, wake up catch the rest, or whatever u missed.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Anyway, real or not, believing in this allow myself to be in peace, as nothing seems

impossible, everything is explanable. It respect both the concept of duality and infinity....and between yall and me, we know that a simulating life program could without doubt, be a reality in the future. What proves that we aint part of it.

There's also a paralle belief I got, wich I believe by reading the essay on the singularity. The program that started universe would have 2 fonctions. Be stable, materialize itself into an intelligent entity.  I see universe as a dead brain. All the neurons are there, but theres no connection at all. After singularity it is said that makind will spread trought the universe at the speed of light(wormhole travel). If we are not alone , there is good chance that we encounter alien races that also are into post-singularity. Both of them will share their knowledge, and pursue their journey. If u can see the whole universe, and imagine all the intelligent life slowy spreading everywhere, connecting with each other, this could remind the connection being established between neurons. And it would go on until intelligence triumh over everything and the universe will be counscious of itself.(what after, i have no idea!!)

True or not, could make on hell of a science fiction story. Shotgun on it. MINE!

728757[/snapback]

come on dude you should chill on the acid lol

think about it, even if we are in this "PROGRAM" then theyre is someone running it or something whatever u wanna call it, wich brings us back to the same situation, because theyre would be another world wich our "PROGRAMERS" are living in and we would be questioning again wether god was real or not....

i also refuse to believe we are in something to the sort of a "matrix", for one reson its bending rules, making my own, making something of more convienience to me

wich i despise making things "conveinient" when it comes to religion and thing as such because it doesnt matter whats convienient or makes sense to you or fits your personality

its whats the truth, by the way christianity required uh little thing called faith, i could be wrong but its almost as if you like this theory because u dont have to have very much faith seeing as its from your own mind and its easy to believe for u

and also because you have no "rules" to follow as far as morals go

only living life, doing whatever u want

i really doubt this is scientificly posibble if you look at it from EVERY aspect

and thats uh sh** load of aspects....... i refuse to believe this theory is even possible outside of christianity(and yes i do know u didnt ask me to believe it nore if i do or not) just for the fact of as a human being, i know whats "real and not"

not for the way my brain was taught to think but the way my soul think, (the real part of me outside of the world)

and i really, really dont understand why u would base this on a movie, its a movie, (good grief) i actually do understand your logic (or what u were thinking anyway) behind it, just dont find it credible in any way shape or form

oh by the way anything is possible even in the christian faith

everything if possible through Christ

and any evil that God allows to happen is also possible, witchcraft especialy

im sorry if ive offended u, just gotta big mouth lol really havent been trying to