Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

We have to fly the flag for Britishness again

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Talon @ Jul 15 2005, 10:03 PM)
.... I don't understand. You say you hate being governed by other counties, yet in Britain the English govern Wales, Scotland and North Ireland. huh.gif

View Post

The English do NOT rule Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Those 3 (and also England) are ruled by the British parliament in Westminster, which is not the English parliament.  If anyone's oppressed, it's England.  England doesn't have a parliament, unlike Scotland.  And even if it was the English parliament, then what the hell are Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people doing in it?  Get out!  It's the ENGLISH Parliament!  The English aren't allowed in the Scottish Parliament or the Welsh Assembly.

Either you acknowledgethe fact that the English don't rule Scotland, and the fact that Scotland has its own parliament and England doesn't is unfair and undemocratic, or you believe that England rules Scotland, in which case you should try and persuade the government to kick out all the Scottish, Welsh and Irish MP's out of ENGLAND's Parliament.  Or, maybe let English MP's sit in the Scottish Parliament.

#47    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

That annoys me when a Welshman or a Scotsman says that "England rules Scotland" whilst there are Scottish and Welsh MP's sitting in the BRITISH Parliament at Westminster interefering in English-only affairs that have nothing to do with Scotland and Wales, but English MP's aren't allowed to interfere in Scottish or Welsh politics that have nothing to do with England!  

Tony Blair is Scottish, for God's sake.

When John Reid was Britain's Health Secretary, the English were in the unfair position of a SCOTSMAN being ENGLAND's Health Secretary (and who was also the Health Secretary of the rest of the UK) whilst Scotland, because it has its own parliament, has ANOTHER Health Secretary, only for Scotland, and who must be Scottish and not English or Welsh!  But because England doesn't have a Parliament, we don't have a Health Minister for England.

#48    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Talon @ Jul 16 2005, 02:42 AM)
For UK nuclear waste, and the waste of any of country which gives money to West Minster..... yep

View Post

If Scotland is a part of the UK, shouldn't it play a full part in the UK?

What's wrong with dumping British nuclear waste in Scotland?  It has to be dumped SOMEWHERE in the UK.

Or would you be happy if it was just all dumped in England?

The Scots seem to forget that Scotland takes more money out of the UK (and 92% of the UK's wealth belongs to England) than it puts in.

Edited by Blackleaf, 28 July 2005 - 09:55 PM.

#49    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

yes Blackleaf, that evil Scotts try to ruin the mighty and proud England!!
England MUST go back to the Empire time, when the English civilization bring hope to a barbaric world!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

PD: I love the patridiotics.......every country have their unique flavour of patridiotics....

I´m an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#50    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

Hmmmm.

I know what I said was right.

#51    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Snake_6024 @ Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM)
As for Scotland, I honestly don’t know if it would ‘benefit’ from becoming independent. All we have really found out is that it probably is economically viable for Scotland to become independent should it feel the need to. If that were the case would she possibly seek to integrate further with Europe as they share a similar left wing ideology. (although I think Blair will be trying to change Europe’s left wing stance very soon) Would Scotland perhaps even join the Euro?

Strange....that's what I was thinking when I had that conversation with Talon. My theory was that Scotland would join the EU, while England( or the rest of Britain for that matter) would lean more towards America.

View Post

Well that would be Scotland's problem.  When we are a free, independent nation, Scotland will be ruled by the unelected beaureaucrats of Brussels.

What is the point of Scotland leaving a democratic Union (the UK) only to join an undemocratic one (the EU)?

it's almost as barmy as the Irish, who fought for years to leave the Great Britain and got their independence in 1922, only to lose their independence 50 years later by joining the EU.

#52    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

the English were in the unfair position of a SCOTSMAN being ENGLAND's Health Secretary

so now your questioning his integrity.

after all , arent we all british? tongue.gif

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#53    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

Now that's nice. Brits take on Brits!!!!! Re-britannisation!!!! (or whatever you call it).

Simple question from a barbaric greek.

How can you be re-britishnised? Were you un-britishnised at any point?

Can I be britishnised please? On the rocks? if yes, can I also have one of those little umbrellas that come with it?

#54    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

its just one of these daft right wing articles that make no sense whatsoever.

saorsa na h-alba

#55    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ Jul 29 2005, 12:23 PM)
its just one of these daft right wing articles that make no sense whatsoever.

View Post

But honestly, I don't get it. When you go to London, what is really amazing is that you see all those people of every different race mingle with each other. I believe, after livin in england for 4 years, that it is one of the very few places that people just accept each other the way they are. Why does it has to change now?

May i remind you that previous to the Iraq invasion, there was no actual problem with muslim or other minorities and the irish problem was going towards de-militarisation (just happened).

My final question: Why are all those people in england? Aren't they all from ex-commonwealth states that get the free passport? Was that ever this a problem?

WHY IS IT NOW???? Ask yourselves that and you will know the answer.

Edited by Vallheru, 29 July 2005 - 12:33 PM.

#56    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ Jul 29 2005, 12:19 PM)
the English were in the unfair position of a SCOTSMAN being ENGLAND's Health Secretary

so now your questioning his integrity.

after all , arent we all british? tongue.gif

View Post

But didn't the majority of Scots want their own parliament?

That means that Scottish MP's can interfere in anything to do with England, but there are some things in Scotland that English MP's can't interfere in.

The Westminster parliament isn't the English parliament.  if it is, I don't think that Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish Mp's should be sitting in it.  How many English Mp's are allowed to sit in the Scottish parliament?

#57    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:50 PM

why not welsh and n.irish. they dont have their own parliaments.

remeber westminster still has a massive rule over scotland.

fine have yer own parliament ,seperate from westminster , we honestly couldnt give a damn.

saorsa na h-alba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users