Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Which is wich?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: What type of alien is most believable? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

What type of alien is most believable?

1. 1.Grey type A..4'5 feet..flying saucer ship..large eyes,no nose,slit for mouth (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. 2.Grey type B....7 feetdimond shape ships....slits for nose,large eyes,slit mouth (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. 3.Grey type C....3'5 feet..triangular ships..facial features same as a's (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

4. 4.Humanoids (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

5. 5.Reptillians (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 6.Invisible (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 7.blobs (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

8. 8.flying/fairies (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Aslan @ Jul 17 2003, 04:55 PM)

Does anyone here have the slightest tinge of scepticism about aliens, or are we all going to take it as given that they exist? I mean, for some reason, a lot of healthy cynicism just seems to disappear when aliens come into the discussion.

I think it's because "Aliens" is the main thing that most everyone here hopes for......logical proof or none. So even to all those who claim to base opinions solely on fact, they still hold on to the alien belief based on nothing more than faith, simply because they want to believe.

Also, I guess because aliens are SO overplayed these days.....they have simply become fact based solely on their invented presance. (How many 'alien' stickers and "grey" heads do you see a day?)

#17    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:20 PM

IMO, they exist, not factually (as far as I know), but in theory. The universe is a huge place (blah blah blah.) I think the whole grey thing has been taking out of context and it has lost it's meaning (if there ever was one.) It has become a pop-culture idol. I believe that there are ETs, but what they look like is completely unknown, as of yet. I think that they could come in any form, wether physical or spiritual. So yes, I have seen numerous blobs, I have a few blobs as pets and so forth. Does anyone want to buy one? The ones from Mars are $1,000 a piece, and the ones from Titan are $20. (don't ask.)  laugh.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  grin2.gif  huh.gif  wink.gif  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif  cool.gif  unsure.gif  ph34r.gif  whistling.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#18    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:25 PM

it's because "Aliens" is the main thing that most everyone here hopes for

This is what I don't understand.

We know we're not alone in the universe, only pure vanity says otherwise, but why do we have to be abducted and probed and tested and whatever else 'aliens' are purported to do. Why hope for beings that do that?

If I was a world leader and on my day of accesion to office I was told the truth about aliens fiddling with the earth population I would arm the populace and blow the cheeky green / grey / blue wearing denims / scandinavian-looking buggers back to where they came from.

I mean for God's sake. Have we given up on the earth that much that we have to set all store by a bunch of intrusive, miscoloured midgets whose only purpose seems to be to stick a probe up our backsides to see what colour our sh** is?

#19    dust19

dust19

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:34 PM

People hope for aliens, because it symbolizes truth in the great unknown. Too bad for them, the only "aliens" they've ever had fed into their brains have been these anal probers. So, of course, that must mean those are the only aliens that exist, because people tend not to think for themselves. Besides, how many members of the general populace would be dumbfounded over the thought of a martian microbe anyways? Not many. Remember, were thinking general public here, not scientifically inclined individuals. (I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but here in America...people are generally fat, stupid, slobs who watch too much 'reality TV')

Before blasting them to kingdome come, it might be a good idea to relinquish this supposed agreement  the leading powers have with the aliens. They are allowed to perform human based tests, as long as they feed us new technology.

It's all crazy

#20    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 11:12 PM

Blobs!! .. nope .. not me ...  whistling.gif

I think Grays the first type .. they are every where .. I mean .. not only most seen by people .. but Aliens are always discribed with the Gray type (A) picture ... you know ... this one too .. --> alien.gif
its creepy ..  ph34r.gif  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#21    gnalaj

gnalaj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:01 AM

Isn't there also another supposed type of alien that's about two feet tall, has dark blue skin, and wears rough burlap or denim robes?

I mean, what's that all about?

Aslan, In the Christopher Walken movie Communion (based on Witley Strieber's autobiographical abduction novel) there were aliens of this description, and they were made out to seem common in abduction experiences. This type of alien was also described by a Nova documentary on abductions (link).
I was wondering why they weren't included in the poll.

And yes, I do feel skeptical when it comes to aliens.  Even after hearing convincing ufo and abduction reports, I still feel the alien rumors are a step outside reality.

#22    Abducted

Abducted

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:18 PM

How is it that all my posts seem to end up in argueing...hey i'm only asking ?

#23    ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 12:34 AM

*Sigh*   Ditto.

#24    GhostShark

GhostShark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:16 PM

I went with Humanoids since i believe that if anything an alien planet would have to have developed under the same conditions as Earth therefore life on this planet would be similiar containing basically the same elements CARBON leading to the development of similiar organisms. Humanoid creatures would most likely develop and dominate this planet and they would be hundreds of yrs ahead of us inorder to have mastered space travel......
But wouldn't you consider Greys humanoids? Or am i being a N00B?

#25    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (dust19 @ Jul 17 2003, 09:34 PM)
Besides, how many members of the general populace would be dumbfounded over the thought of a martian microbe anyways? Not many.
It's all crazy

I agree, because Martian microbes aren't "flashy" enough.  What people want to see are fleets of ships full of big-headed grey-skinned stick figures on a week long anal probe bender.  Honestly, I think the whole anal probe thing is just stupid and probably blown way out of proportion.  If aliens are really working with the government and keeping themselves secret, it's all for nothing.  They might as well just come out of hiding so they can be on Letterman.  That's what would happen, I'd almost guarantee it, it'd be a big publicity tour.  Then you'd hear about how G'N'Th'R. King of the Neptunians,  was seen eating breakfast with Christina Aquilera, and then there'd be the E! true hollywood story, how he overcame his addiction to Skittles, which are like crack to his kind.  I used to really want to believe in alien life, I still do, to some degree, but the whole UFO phenomenon has become more of a pop-culture thing than anything that's actually relevant.

Nothing to see here.

#26    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:18 AM

Dust19 - i'm very extremely sceptical that aliens have visited us, but i'm as certain as it is possible to be (going by statistics alone) that life exists elsewhere apart from earth, intelligent life by this same statistics would therefore make up a minute proportion of that. I definately agree with what has been mentioned about aliens being 'pop culture'. UFOs do exist however, but only in the respect that they are unidentifed, i don't think they are piloted by little green/blue/grey/all of the above men

never take me too seriously

#27    Anirbas

Anirbas

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• Put your big girl panties on and DEAL with it!

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:06 AM

well thankfully/unthankfully i have never had the privelage of seeing one i kind of think they are all different - like we have different races here type thing - maybe all aliens don't look the same alien.gif  

Whatever hits the fan will be distributed evenly!

Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!!!

My life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I make of it!

#28    spyro_86

spyro_86

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:05 AM

Well, I know the "1"'s are around as well as the "5"'s

The moment you are born you begin to die. The lesson is life is unfair.

#29    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:56 AM

went for the 4'5'' one original.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#30    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:28 PM

I don't think greys are the most common, I think people made most of those stories. Granted there may be greys, but I think the majority are copycat stories.
There used to be all kind of strange aliens reported, but during the mid sixties they all seemed to be greys. Why is that?

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users