Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Different religions

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16    Nlt_Overman

Nlt_Overman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:06 PM

Monotheism

Christianity/Catholicism
Islam
Judaism
Gnosticism (sp)
Satanism
Most Native American Religions (Great Spirit)
Deism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witness

Your grouping of Satanism is wrong. And no, don't argue. Satanists are atheistic. Those other "satanists" are just inverted Christians playing bad guy.

#17    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

Well, thats it.  We can close up the churches and this forum.  Nlt Overman has spoken.

Welcome to the forums.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#18    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:28 AM

Fine I'll remove Satanism.  

*cries in a corner*

#19    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

There there eveningsky >gives eveningsky an ice pop<

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#20    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Watzel @ Jul 18 2005, 05:16 PM)
Yes, getting rid of organized religious groups is the only way to be rid of the conflict they cause.

View Post

Oh for Pete's sake. RELIGION IS NOT A CAUSE FOR CONFLICTS!
Religion is used as an "excuse......" for conflicts.
Mankind is by nature evil!  With or without religion we will continue to have our wars and battles. WWI & WWII the deadliest wars in modern history had nothing....NOTHING to do with religion. As a matter of fact, when was the last time we had a "religious war"? The Civil War? The Revolution War. Maybe the War of 1812? No no no.
Nuts use religion for an excuse to bomb abortion clinics, fly planes in buildings, but despite what Dan Rather said this is just a drop in the bucket of the worlds conflicts.

#21    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:45 AM

We don't need to create a book to control people, all they'd have to do is make laws.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#22    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE(eveningsky339 @ Jul 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
Right this is my personal view but I believe that when it comes down to it - all religions have the same concept about there being a supreme overseeing being {God}, but each religion has been corrupted and changed by PEOPLE over many years but still possesses the original linking core,

There are many different religions, all are different in one way or another.  Some don't even faintly resemble one another.

Monotheism

Christianity/Catholicism
Islam
Judaism
Gnosticism (sp)
Satanism
Most Native American Religions (Great Spirit)
Deism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witness....

]

Mormons belive in more then one God. As a matter of fact if your a good Mormon who wears your nighty everynight without complaining you too will get your very own planet to  be a god of. In other words, earth does have only one god, but there are other planets that have there own god also. I'm surprised you didn't know that. They hold thier conventions every year in Vegas.

#23    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Dang @ Jul 21 2005, 01:35 AM)
Yes, getting rid of organized religious groups is the only way to be rid of the conflict they cause.

View Post

Mankind is by nature evil!  With or without religion we will continue to have our wars and battles. WWI & WWII the deadliest wars in modern history had nothing....NOTHING to do with religion. As a matter of fact, when was the last time we had a "religious war"? The Civil War? The Revolution War. Maybe the War of 1812? No no no.
Nuts use religion for an excuse to bomb abortion clinics, fly planes in buildings, but despite what Dan Rather said this is just a drop in the bucket of the worlds conflicts.

View Post

Well since you asked about the last time there was a religious war....turn your tv on dude....Jihad or holy war all over the world as I write this....Is THAT current enough for you?

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#24    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,736 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Dang @ Jul 20 2005, 10:35 PM)

View Post

View Post

Man is not evil by nature only religion teaches that, I strongly disagree with you as long as we have religion we will have conflict.  Religion promotes the idea of fear, discrimination , racism, violence etc. Most of our wars are religious you only have to look at this deeply and you will see this fact.

9/11 was religious , they felt Allah wanted them to bomb New york.

Edited by Sheri berri, 21 July 2005 - 05:51 PM.

#25    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

Religion is the reason for wars and conflicts and has always been.
Religion is used as an excuse to do various things "in gods name"(allahs etc)
Different names, same sh*t
Any religion, I think is "good" would be Buddhism.
Im not a religious person, but still think there is something somewhere.
Religion should be personal and not forced on anyone.
It is dangerous to think that you are doing the right thing when for example killing in gods name...
Its like the crazy man killing because the voices in the head tells him to and he is doing humanity a favour.
Different names, same sh*t.

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#26    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Nlt_Overman @ Jul 20 2005, 12:03 AM)
And there is no "true" religion, the term is an oxymoron, except when it involves Satanism. That's the only true religion.

View Post

That's a contradiction if I ever saw one. First you say that there is no true religion, calling it an oxymoron. Then you say that satanism is the only true religion. What should it be?

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Jul 21 2005, 06:49 PM)
Man is not evil by nature only religion teaches that

If you read up on it a bit, you will notice that most, if not all, religion preaches love and peace.

View Post

No. They wanted to hurt the west in general, and the US in particular. This had nothing to do with religion. Like Dang said - religion was used as an excuse, nothing more.

If everyone followed the writings they claim to follow, there would be no killing, as simple as that.

#27    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

Since all the religious 'books' are open to interpretation you can make them be saying anything you want. Is the christian god a loving caring all forgiving god or one who punishes you for not following his laws who will send you to eternity in hell for not worshiping him properly?

Religion is an excuse to do things yes, but the hatred is based off of a belief system that is structured around the book or faith therefore without one you would never have the other and it all leads back to religion being at fault....but that's just my opinion grin2.gif

#28    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(bacca @ Jul 21 2005, 07:22 PM)
Religion is an excuse to do things yes, but the hatred is based off of a belief system that is structured around the book or faith therefore without one you would never have the other and it all leads back to religion being at fault....but that's just my opinion grin2.gif

View Post

And of course I disagree wink2.gif
Saying you do bad things in the name of religion is placing the blame on someone else, because you're too cowardish to admit why you actually do it - hate, greed, or jealousy.

Edit: And yes, most of the religious texts are open for your own interpretation. But some things can't be misinterpreted. But yes, they are somewhat contradictive at times, but I still stand by my opinion.

Edited by Putte, 21 July 2005 - 06:27 PM.

#29    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,736 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Putte @ Jul 21 2005, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE(Nlt_Overman @ Jul 20 2005, 12:03 AM)
And there is no "true" religion, the term is an oxymoron, except when it involves Satanism. That's the only true religion.

View Post

That's a contradiction if I ever saw one. First you say that there is no true religion, calling it an oxymoron. Then you say that satanism is the only true religion. What should it be?

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Jul 21 2005, 06:49 PM)
Man is not evil by nature only religion teaches that

If you read up on it a bit, you will notice that most, if not all, religion preaches love and peace.

View Post

No. They wanted to hurt the west in general, and the US in particular. This had nothing to do with religion. Like Dang said - religion was used as an excuse, nothing more.

If everyone followed the writings they claim to follow, there would be no killing, as simple as that.

View Post

That is absurd religion does not preach love and peace, Jesus did Ghandi did, Martin luther King did, but not religion, What does "Vengence is mine sayeth the lord" mean to you ?? The problem isn't that people don't follow the taechins of the bible the problem is they are followed literally>Religion portrays anything but Love, it promotes fear, violence, discrimination,

Read Exodus 32:27, Numbers 25:4-9 Joshua 8:1-30 Joshua 10:10-11  The books of Exodus, leviticus, Deuteronomy, Joshua,Judges,Samuel, Numbers,Amos, Kings Chronicles,Esther and Job have a death toll of 1 million people that were smote by Gods hand, Then there was the 7 year famine that was sent by the lord In Samaria II kings 8:1 I can goe on and on here but you get the point, Are you actually reading the bible or excepting someone elses interpretaion because if you are reading this yourself I would be curious as to your PERSONAL feelings and opinion on this, Does this seem like the promotion of love and peace to you ????? Namaste Sheri

#30    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,424 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(Putte @ Jul 21 2005, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE(bacca @ Jul 21 2005, 07:22 PM)

View Post

And of course I disagree wink2.gif
Saying you do bad things in the name of religion is placing the blame on someone else, because you're too cowardish to admit why you actually do it - hate, greed, or jealousy.

Edit: And yes, most of the religious texts are open for your own interpretation. But some things can't be misinterpreted. But yes, they are somewhat contradictive at times, but I still stand by my opinion.

View Post

I actually agree with you entirely....What I mean is that some people are raised to believe one way. the believe that there culture is right there faith is right and ours is wrong and they are taught to get into heaven and get your 40 virgins you must do this. Well hopefully most religions say that you don't kill to get into heaven but anyway  grin2.gif   I would say that they are using religion as an excuse yes, but if you are taught that this is just how things are then it's hard, not impossible, but hard to change that especially when I would say that these people seem brain washed into being blind followers....but hey that's just my opinion  grin2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users