Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#316    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ Jul 26 2005, 03:47 PM)
We also forgot to send to India, Cyprus, Nigeria where the english also massacred people for all those years.

For that, we also apologise

yeah we have  a shady past , how far back do u go though.

i mean its not as if greece was always the pussy cat it is now.....

View Post

That is exactly the point. We have been around longer than every other nation (by far if I may say) and have done unimaginable slaughtering. May I remind you that we were the longest European empire-the Byzantine- which rigned in terror for over a thousand years. We were also under the turks for 400 years. I just want to point out that we have learned our lessons both ways and that for us what happening now is just a repeat of history. Why not benefit from it?

#317    I am me

I am me

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Vallheru @ Jul 26 2005, 10:53 AM)
We also forgot to send to India, Cyprus, Nigeria where the english also massacred people for all those years.

View Post

That is exactly the point. We have been around longer than every other nation (by far if I may say) and have done unimaginable slaughtering. May I remind you that we were the longest European empire-the Byzantine- which rigned in terror for over a thousand years. We were also under the turks for 400 years. I just want to point out that we have learned our lessons both ways and that for us what happening now is just a repeat of history. Why not benefit from it?

View Post

very good point, empires rise and fall, just as the USA will in another 50~100 years

#318    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(I am me @ Jul 26 2005, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE(Vallheru @ Jul 26 2005, 10:53 AM)

View Post

View Post

very good point, empires rise and fall, just as the USA will in another 50~100 years

View Post

Still, it is of no one's interest for the U.s. to crumble. Who is going to replace it? China? God help us. Russia? God help us times 2.

I'd prefer the rise of another super-power than the fall of the single one. Balance is always better.

But a distinction: we who chat here, do not have the power to cahnge the world (unless one of you american friends becomes the president one of these days).

But, we can also stop being blind.

Signing off, thanks for some good arguments.

#319    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Stixxman @ Jul 25 2005, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE(I am me @ Jul 25 2005, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE(morpheas @ Jul 25 2005, 01:09 PM)
Many of the terrorists are having a hay day killing Americans in Iraq

dont forget the proportionally larger amount of innocent iraqis being blown up on a daily basis, just for getting on with their lives.

View Post

Oh I don't, I am 100% against this war.  There are many Iraqi "terrorists" who are fending off the invading American armies.  If there is any honor in this war, it goes to those soldiers fighting to defend their homes and families.

View Post

There will never be any honor in attacking people from behind, it is the mark of a coward.  Where were all these warriors when the war was being faught.  At home hiding behind their couch.  Throwing grenades through open windows when no one is looking is not honorable.  These guys are not fighting to defend their home because nobody in America would want them.  They are fighting to get rid of American presence so they can be the next Sadam.  If the states leaves then some other A-hole will fill the void.  And the backward people of that nation will make sure it happens.

View Post

So agree.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#320    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

Wow, you guys have been having some good arguments.

Henry David Thoreau...

#321    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ Jul 25 2005, 01:06 PM)
babs can you not understand that by definition nuclear weapons are ultimatley self-depricating.

whats the point in poisoning the very planet your fighting to be apart of ?? it makes no sense , kill your enemy only for your own weapon to be the weapon that destroys yourself?

View Post

I agree, but what can you do? hmm.gif  You have to play the game. If we don't participate, the world will go on without us. It's better to be a part of this world than to lay back and do nothing... or to try and change the world so drastically that there isn't 'a snowball's chance in hell' of it going that way.

Edited by Babs, 26 July 2005 - 10:28 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#322    morpheas

morpheas

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

-Post removed-

Edited by morpheas, 26 July 2005 - 07:51 PM.

be true to yourself first, then you can be true with others.

#323    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

I hear that, morpheas! yes.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#324    morpheas

morpheas

Psychic Spy

• 1,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

-Post removed-

be true to yourself first, then you can be true with others.

#325    SnakeProphet

SnakeProphet

My dearest serpent

• 2,457 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

how brave...

and what innocents get slaughtered

unfortunatley i have a conscience

But you can still go there and fight for what you believe in, when the current government is neutral.
You say you have a conscience? Why then are you sending other people to do the dirty work?

Posted Image

Someone is gonna die if you listen to me.

I try to salvage thoughts long gone,
I am the mountain that dreams on.

I am the sea that longs for freedom.
lashing out towards my chains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users