Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

World's Scariest Places - UK Horizons Weds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    NessyK

NessyK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 12:45 AM

I should have let you all in on this little gem (if you weren't already aware of it that is) a little while ago.  Do you remember that Game show Fear?  Well, this seems to be by the same people and each week it goes to some pretty weird and spooky places around the world.  This week they were in the Catacombs of Paris.  Although it is illegal to enter them without permission, people do - they are called Catophiles.  There are over 400 miles of tunnels under Paris and during the 1780s all the bones from the cemetaries were emptied into them.  One such Catophile was exploring some 280 feet beneath the streets of Paris and came across a video camera which had been dropped by someone exploring the tunnels.  They camera showed the person getting very agitated until in sheer terror they dropped the camera and ran off.  Noone knows if he ever escaped alive...  

That was this week's show, I thoroughly recommend you catch it next week

UK Horizons on Digital, 10.00 p.m. Wednesdays - well worth a gander! :o

#2    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 February 2002 - 11:34 PM

A TV program i actualy saw!
Unfortunately i wasn't that impressed, especially the bit where a team of monster hunters in the states were looking for some winged devil's son sorta beastie and they had spend lots of time and trouble over the last few years trying to hunt it down. Que film crew and team trapesing through a wood, 'Blair Witch' stylee until we hear a rustling in the bushes and the woman in front of the camera turns round screaming...
...camera turns off. Next scene woman, tearful, in car -  quote from narrator "Not wishing to talk about what she had seen or return to the woods".

Jolly convienient if you ask me. Where was their journalistic integrity to report what is really going on?
Would you give up after seeing proof of the supernatural creature you'd been hunting for ages when you had been up close and personal?  At least a eyewitness account of what she had seen? No.

Leads me to the conclusion that all that she saw was the Producer flashing her!  ;D

never take me too seriously

#3    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 03:19 PM

This week they were in a haunted castle, they all had to do a ritual and then they all started getting scared and hearing things, the host the lady guide were weird to say the least, it put me. in mind of the last episode of the maze house on sci-fi channel

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#4    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 08 March 2002 - 04:31 PM

The man who appeared on the monitor giving the family instructions is a local North East radio DJ.
http://www.metroradi...tion=dj&id=1000

Whilst the castle does have its ghosts
http://www.mysteryma...ham castle.html
some of the areas that the family where in may not be as authentic as the should be.
:s6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users