Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion vs Dharma

agyat_theunknown

Religion is a set of social rules for a set of people.

Dharma is the ability of mind to take right decision before any action. In other

words, it is the ability to set rules for oneself.

What do you think?

More details at - http://www.geocities.com/agyat_theunknown

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• agyat_theunknown

• EmpressV

Dharma; Hinduism.. an individuals duty fullfilled by observance of custom or law. Merriam-Webster

There is not much difference to me in that they are both set by rules. Customs are usually in accordance with some religious belief. Laws were usually written by the religious leaders of the period. So in reality if you are indoctrinated by the customs and laws of your land then it probably has been tied to religion in one way or another.

Dharma makes you able to take your own decisions and hence make you responsible for your acts. It gives you the vision to see your 'self' and the world separately and helps you to understand the relation between the both. You become responsible to choose what is good and bad.

Dharma makes you able to take your own decisions and hence make you responsible for your acts. It gives you the vision to see your 'self' and the world separately and helps you to understand the relation between the both. You become responsible to choose what is good and bad.

751201[/snapback]

This sounds very similar to karma. How is it different?

751201[/snapback]

752293[/snapback]

'Karma' is your actions (your work and thoughts). 'Dharma' is the ability of mind by which you take right decisions to give right direction to your 'karma'.

751201[/snapback]

752293[/snapback]

'Karma' is your actions (your work and thoughts). 'Dharma' is the ability of mind by which you take right decisions to give right direction to your 'karma'.

752776[/snapback]

So Dharma is the minds prerequisite to Karma. How do we strenghthen our Dharma? Also have you seen the new forum yet? check it out.

So Dharma is the minds prerequisite to Karma. How do we strenghthen our Dharma? Also have you seen the new forum yet? check it out.

752932[/snapback]

Dharma can be strenghthened by the development of your 'understanding'. It works as 'Guru' or teacher for you. When you think, there is someone or something within your mind which is always talking to you! If you have better balance between your thoughts and understanding, you will have stronger dharma within you. Only you are the real judge of your dharma!

What is understood is more important than what is said!

New Forum?

Thanx agyat, I think I understand this concept. To some people it is their higher power (god) and to others like me it is their higher conciousness. Did I get it right?

Thanx agyat, I think I understand this concept. To some people it is their higher power (god) and to others like me it is their higher conciousness. Did I get it right?

755035[/snapback]

Again, it all depends upon how you look at it i.e. your understanding.

Conciousness or your spiritual 'self' is beyond the realm of mind where you have the concept of higher or lower. These kind of opposites do not exist in the spiritual mind. The understanding of God depends upon where you put your mind in the mindspectrum (For details, refer to Mindspace).

post-19487-1122437783_thumb.jpg

I guess I need to know more then. I look forward to learning more about this subject. I could really use something like this right about now.

I guess I need to know more then. I look forward to learning more about this subject. I could really use something like this right about now.

756196[/snapback]

Please let me know if you have visited -

http://www.geocities.com/agyat_theunknown

Make your query more specific.

Also elaborate on the usage you have mentioned. It will help, if I know about it.

The understanding of dharma helps to accept any religion. It makes mind more tolerant and flexible, as you get the ability to understand the rigidity which has been groomed into religion in the name of God or a Supreme Power. Religion has been misused by people to serve for their own purpose.