Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ancient city of Atlantis

Recently Iwas watching a show and it spoke of the ancient city of atlantis. Alot of people say it didnt exist others said it was an advanced race that lived on our planet with us. Ever since it sank into the deep azzure pits of the sea it was lost and above it all it went in to deep for anyone to venture to the ancient city. The pressure would pop your head and break your body. It was probably the aliens that helped the egyptians build there buildings and cities. They were also the people with the big heads in the wall paintings of the egyptian pyramid found around the nile.What do ya think

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• Pseudomorph

• Atlantis Rises

• jeffbobs

Well according to my daughters cartoon Heathcliff Fish tales it is refered to as Catlantis. yes.gif

You'd have saved a lot of time if you'd just put Atlantis in the search Box

this subject comes up again and again and every time it is proven without doubt that Atlantis was a fictional story created by plato to tell a moral story

Plato even says it is fictional himself in the very first chapter of criteus

But of course all the Atlantis freaks decide that he must have been mistaken.

Plato was a philosopher not a historian

you know what a philosopher does for a living ?

He invents stories to teach moral lessons.

Thats it

sorry if i sound a little condescending but as you can imagine i'm getting a nervous twitch whenever the "A" word is mentioned

that and the "L" word and the "M" word.

blink.gifwacko.gif

Yeah you funny I rather leave it were it is cause I promised someone I wouldnt mess with you. Just consider yourself Laze free.

i personally think that atlantis does exhist. if it sank down into the atlantic ocean, and the tectonic plates are moving california and japan closer then the atlantic ocean would spread open causing the water to diminish because it has to spread out the farther it goes the less water you have so maybe just maybe in like 10 million years the atlantic ocean would have spread open enough for us to be able to dive down into it and see if there really was atlantis if it sank into oblivion into the dark depth of the atlantic...........

just my thoughts grin2.gif

I dont know if Im remembering this right but I thought they knew it exsited something about seeing camel prints with a satelite that can penetrate thru the ground or something of that sort. **** knows what im babeling on about

idk i havent hearf that but if you are remembering correctly and they did find camel prints in the stilagmite then im gunna flip because i knew atlantis exhisted blush.gifgrin2.gif

I dont know if it was atlantis or not but If I remember correctly it was underwater whatever it was....and the camel prints were on some sort of road too.

It is geographically proven that landmasses and sink into the oceans and also rise out of them.

I don't see why it couldn't have happened in about 10,000 BC when Atlantis supposedly sank beneath the waves.

Edited by Blackleaf

perdsonally i think that atlantis exhists but then that's me. Plato could have just made up the storyt of atlantis but they have found evidence that there was a major earthquake and that a part of an island slid into the ocean... so I personally believe tha it wasn't a story because the egyptians also wrote down that they saw the city and that it was grand.

Plato isn't known as a story writer/teller, he was a philosopher, so why would this saga be interpreted as a story. In my opinion Atlantis existed and was located on the Mid-Atlantic ridge around the Azores.

Personally, I do think Atlantis existed, but not in the form everyone thinks it did. Storywriters throughout history are known for taking real life events and basing tales around them. Plato may have taken the story of a city that had been destroyed by some natural event (possibly volcano or flood) then wove a moral tale around it to illustrate his point about corruption.

Was Atlantis real? I think so. Was it a super-advanced civilization? No, not really. It was just another city that got owned by mother nature and later a philosopher gave it a place in one of his lessons.

Ever notice how people who are afraid or unknowing, tell little jokes or whistle to fill the airwaves...of their surroundings? Why is that?

whistling2.gif

anyway back to atlantis why do people think that atlantis doesn't exhist? Personally i have heard too many things to think otherwise but then again i have always believed in it so i sorta have nothing to say about being a skeptic about it hehe. Anyway so why are you such a skeptic about this when they have proven that atlantis had more than likely exhisted at one point?

anyway back to atlantis why do people think that atlantis doesn't exhist? Personally i have heard too many things to think otherwise but then again i have always believed in it so i sorta have nothing to say about being a skeptic about it hehe. Anyway so why are you such a skeptic about this when they have proven that atlantis had more than likely exhisted at one point?

753935[/snapback]

because all the stuff you hear about atlantis comes from the same source

a story told by plato to teach people to honour the gods.

noones ever found so much as a cup from the place and plato happens to mention at the start of the tale that it is fiction.

but cos you've never atually read Plato you don't know that do you new burning flame

thats why theres so much stuff about atlantis around

cos of people like you who dont know any better.

thumbsup.gif