Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Brothers of Jesus

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

• All power rests on hierarchy: An army is nothing but a well-organized lynch mob.
    --Edward Abbey

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Dang @ Jul 25 2005, 11:33 AM)
No Jenn, The issue of the thread isn't about Mary's virginity. You see when bible thumping Jesus freaks approach me and ask "Have you found Jesus yet?" I in turn ask them "Why? Don't tell me Joseph and Mary misplaced him again." And they go ha ha. Then they invite me to worship with them and I'll tell them I already go to a church and they ask what church and then they always throw out the "brothers of jesus" verses from the bible when I tell them Im catholic and before I knew better it would confuse me and made me question my faith. My point of the thread was that the catholic church can also use the bible to back their belives that Jesus did not have brothers. Thats all. As a matter of fact most of Catholic theology is biblical. Including Mary's Perpetual Virginity. But that not the issue here.
I guess you have to be a Catholic to understand. Did you know most Christians don't even think Catholics are Christians? They call us cannibals, idolaters and superstitous. Most protestants were taught that Catholics were told not to read the bible.
You for example don't know all what the Church teaches about sex. And I'm not attacking you but just go to Barnes and Noble and look up what the Catechism says about sex. It ain't all bad. It's very positive.
I guess I was hoping to have a dialogue with non-catholic christians. LOL Boy, am I on the wrong forum for that.

View Post

Well, I am sorry for misunderstanding what you were trying to say.  I've had very little experience with the Catholic church (was raised a Protestant) and it was a very male-centered and prudish belief-system, believe me.  And yes, I know that the denomination I grew up in didn't believe Catholics were Christians.  Which is INSANE.

Posted Image

#17    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(mako @ Jul 25 2005, 04:07 PM)
No problemo, but make mine water or soda, I have a liver problem from drinking water from the Nile and can't have any alcohol at all - Mako yes.gif

View Post

Cool. my wife is in AA. I haven't had much booze since she joined. So drinking from the Nile caused your liver to have problems. Did you drink a lot from it or was once enough to cause the problem. So what were you doing at the Nile anyway? Surly not missionary work. LOL

#18    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

Believe it or not, I drank a glass of water in a 5 star hotel in Cario, It was purified, but the water to make the ice wasn't and contained microscopic worms that did the number on my liver.  The medics found it in time to keep it from being fatal, but I have to watch what I drink and to some extent what I eat.  If you go to any of the Arabian or African countries, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT drink water that is not American or European bottled water!  I learned my lesson the hard way, I pass this on so you don't have to.  I was a member of a military covert operation at the time it happened.  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#19    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(JennRose @ Jul 25 2005, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE(Dang @ Jul 25 2005, 11:33 AM)
No Jenn, The issue of the thread isn't about Mary's virginity. You see when bible thumping Jesus freaks approach me and ask "Have you found Jesus yet?" I in turn ask them "Why? Don't tell me Joseph and Mary misplaced him again." And they go ha ha. Then they invite me to worship with them and I'll tell them I already go to a church and they ask what church and then they always throw out the "brothers of jesus" verses from the bible when I tell them Im catholic and before I knew better it would confuse me and made me question my faith. My point of the thread was that the catholic church can also use the bible to back their belives that Jesus did not have brothers. Thats all. As a matter of fact most of Catholic theology is biblical. Including Mary's Perpetual Virginity. But that not the issue here.
I guess you have to be a Catholic to understand. Did you know most Christians don't even think Catholics are Christians? They call us cannibals, idolaters and superstitous. Most protestants were taught that Catholics were told not to read the bible.
You for example don't know all what the Church teaches about sex. And I'm not attacking you but just go to Barnes and Noble and look up what the Catechism says about sex. It ain't all bad. It's very positive.
I guess I was hoping to have a dialogue with non-catholic christians. LOL Boy, am I on the wrong forum for that.

View Post

Well, I am sorry for misunderstanding what you were trying to say.  I've had very little experience with the Catholic church (was raised a Protestant) and it was a very male-centered and prudish belief-system, believe me.  And yes, I know that the denomination I grew up in didn't believe Catholics were Christians.  Which is INSANE.

View Post

You know, I want to be a good Catholic Apologist. Man its like studying to be a doctor or something. So many facts to learn. 2000 years of history to learn. The best Catholic apologist we have are ex-protestant ministers. We have quite a few. My favorite is Scott Haunn. A true anti catholic minister his conversion story is very moving. It started when he was doing some research in the basement of a catholic church. As he was working he was hearing the Mass not really paying any attention to it when all of a sudden it dawned on him. He was hearing the Book of Revelations. Now the Mass is basically the same as it was at the time of the writing of Revelations.  Scott  says that Revelations is the Churches secret coded manual on how to do the Mass. It's awsome. He explains things so well. I think Protestants make the best Catholics. When it comes to reciting the Bible there the best! And they sing loud also. grin2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users