Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

All drugs were once legal in the U.S.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Kaj @ Jul 27 2005, 02:28 PM)
Pot should be banned forever. Potbrains aren't smart.
Look at the % of users, how many is healthy?
Stupid defending sh*t like that, would NEVER happen in Scandinavia.

there's always going to be that "enlightened" crowd of elitist philosopher-king wannabes that think laws like this at a point in time are good for everybody else.

#17    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

I am NOT talking about someone who tries it for a few weekends..I am talking about the ADDICTS. All they do is smoke pot, young people smoke pot and do stupid things.
A lot of potsmokers continues to heavier drugs.

Are they healthy?
Heroin?
Lots of addicts in USA...

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#18    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:59 PM

I cant belive that we even have this discussion.
Well have it your way then.
I dont have the energy to sober up drug addicts and it is not my job.
Bye

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#19    AnhZors

AnhZors

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

What about the alcoholic all they do is drink.. and it is illegal? no.  How come not ban alcohol?  well because they would kill the economy and destroy all the buisiness.  They only ban bad subtanses if it doesnt contrubute any good.  Marijuana started of as a product for oil, paper, frabic ext.. but when the fuel company was losing buisiness they decided to get the addictive part of the plant in use and ban it(evin thougth the adictive plant was a different breed.)  But i do agree that they should stay ban most of the heavy drugs such as crystal, heroin, adt ect.....

Many of the famous people smoke pot occasionally.
-the guy who made alice in the wonderland smoke very often and his first cartoon was made from hemp.
-rodney dangerfield smoke very often to reduce his stress.
-Rick james smoke very often.
-james brown smoke alot.

and there were many many more people.

#20    LarryOldtimer

LarryOldtimer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• In the beginning, there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light." There still was nothing, but you could see it better.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(Kaj @ Jul 27 2005, 02:56 PM)
I am NOT talking about someone who tries it for a few weekends..I am talking about the ADDICTS. All they do is smoke pot, young people smoke pot and do stupid things.
A lot of potsmokers continues to heavier drugs.

Are they healthy?
Heroin?
Lots of addicts in USA...

View Post

It is interesting that before the War on Drugs, England had few addicts (known because they could get free "fixes" from their doctors.  Now, they have some 50,000 heroin addicts (estimated, they really don't know how many).  Now that really worked well . . . NOT.

The premise of the War on Drugs was that if we instituted draconian measures, we would soon have an almost drug-free society.  Well, it has been more than 40 years since it started, illegal drug use has increased substantially, and billions upon billions of dollars have been spent on it.  Abject foolishness.  It is quite obvious that there is no way that a relatively drug-free society will ever be obtained, just lots of money wasted.  The War on Drugs was the stupidest thing government has done since alcohol prohibition.  One would think that the lessons learned then would be remembered at least for a while, but no, there is always room for more government stupidity.  

The reason for the increased heroin addicts in England is quite obvious . . . when a "fix" was free,  there was no way to make a profit selling it.  When it became illegal, the profit margin became enormous.  Thus, vast sums of money became available to criminals if they could only get people hooked on it.   And so they did.   blink.gif

#21    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:28 AM

One sad reality is, there are some people, kids usually, that will try drugs anyway no matter how much information they get that indicates it is not a good idea. And a large part of the reason is because of peer pressure to look cool. These same people will take longer than others to realize that the pursuit of cool is immature and ignorant. So they will be the ones that have all the problems with drug addiction.
My point is no matter if it is free or not, you will always have those that want to try it.
But legalizing it would have far greater benefits than the way it is now. And it would take away the glamour and immature desire to do something naughty and get away with it.
I would much rather know that my child that is experimenting with drugs is doing it in a controlled environment than if they were risking their life getting it from a dealer. How many daughters out there are going to sell their body for drugs when it is free. (another benefit)
But you know one thing that would stop it is all the people currently employed in the war on drugs would lose their jobs. So they would be resistant to the idea of legalization.

#22    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

drug abuse is definately destructive, but you can't prohibit it in total like this time proven.

don't think it should be free either but just like tobacco/alcohol, tax the snot out of it.  

drug enforcement can either be trimmed, producing more entrepeneurs, or shifted to border or highway or some paramilitary who knows, and increased revenue from taxes and decrease in overhead can go to fund... stuff...

gets much gang related activity, terrorist income, tainted drugs, stigma, saftey concerns that can't even be talked about atm for fear, opens markets for all hemp products...

but that's getting specific, in general, what about liberty says don't grow that plant or you're in jail for 25 years?

#23    4dplane

4dplane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• To study where I stand, teaches me what I have been missing.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(jeceris)
and how is it not hypocrytical of a society to create laws against taking "street" drugs, but make it legal and extremely expensive to take other pain killers made by the big drug companies, that contain the same opiate abilites a joint offers you?
huh?
i need these questions answered.

Big business created from big morals.

I do not know if it is true, but I tend to believe it is; people really do build a psychological dependency from child hood for things they desire but cannot have. I do not mean let kids run around and do all they want, but advertising to “EVERYONE”: about rock stars, parties, vacations, big homes, fast cars, yachts, jets, and knowing that the majority of people in the U.S. will never be able to obtain any of these, is a complete ploy on the American public by big business. Show people from birth what they are, what they should be, and you will drive a society to grab any part of that advertised life that they can.

If an individual does not obtain all that he or she wants, they can now pop a tablet and feel better about what they do not have. This used to be legal and cheap, now the “white man profits from your pain” (Chris Rock).

QUOTE(Kaj)
All they do is smoke pot, young people smoke pot and do stupid things.

Kids do stupid things, stoned kids on eight doobies do silly, retarded stupid things; kids who drink half a bottle of vodka, run on auto pilot.  

Any belief is a self protecting device through which the mind disconnects itself from truth. Only a mind that is free from any anticipation, hope, and belief can act justly and in alliance with truth and reality.
-Krishnamurti

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
-Mark Twan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users