Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

ghost more active at night?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    Eva Evermore

Eva Evermore

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• You can find beauty in anything and anybody, you just have to look the right way.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:52 AM

I have often heard that there is more ghost activity at night. I don't really think that is true, I think that maybe we notice more at night because there is not as much activity from the living or maybe it is just that at night your mind can play tricks on you more easily and more people think they encounter ghostly actvity when they don't really. I don't know, what do you think and why?

#2    maryjo1975

maryjo1975

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

I that there probably IS more ghost activity at night. It is dark, it is quiet. They can go on their merry way without disturbing anyone. LOL!

But I also think we notice it more at night for the same reasons. Besides the fact that we expect things like that to happen at night and are more aware of it maybe.

I dont know. LOL!

Good question though.

If you are a mom, mom-to-be, a trying-to-be mom, or a empty nest mom....come check out the newest place on the net for MOMS!!!!

http://cybermoms.homelinux.com/

For women only please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.
      - Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3    Lonecat

Lonecat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:44 AM

I totally agree with you.  Why?   For the same reasons you give.   I believe we are constantly surrounded by the "effects" caused by continuous, though irregular, overlapping of dimensions of existance...of different realities if you like.  Lonecat yes.gif

Edited by Lonecat, 28 July 2005 - 10:45 AM.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."   — Aldous Huxley (1894—1963).

Thought is All.
All is Thought.

#4    imaginary

imaginary

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

• i want to believe but i need proof

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

Well night n dark has always been somethin fascinating for mankind..just plain dark around us has been the reason for some myths n legends,most creepy stories take place at night times,n generally paranormal activity is indeed much more "alive" during night rather than day.
I dont know how much of it is real n how much is part of what our minds create or our eyes illusinate,but i think that there's somethin special about night,dark,n paranormal..they seem to be connected.

#5    Hoagy

Hoagy

Gravediggers union - Local 138

• 2,443 posts

• "It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

I think mankind has an inherant (sp?) fear of the dark, which we prolly got from our knuckle-dragging ancestors.

To be honest tho, and without wanting to sound rude, the idea of more activity taking place at night is ludicrous.  Actually, the Warrens make a very bold statement on there website even giving you the hours of the night that ghosts and ghoulies are more active.... rolleyes.gif

I dunno, maybe they get paid better wages for unsociable hours (the spooks, not The Warrens) laugh.gif

It hurts more on the inside...
Posted Image
Zombie survival tips....

#6    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

I've heard that ghosts aren't more active at night, it's just that at night our brains work more slowly and are more relaxed, so we sense paranormal activity more easily.

#7    mcc0037

mcc0037

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• "My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades!"

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:17 PM

That is a good question and I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer to this topic. I think that the question would be fitting if it asked: Do humans tend to notice or experience more paranormal activity at night or during the day and why? Paranormal activity takes place through any time of the day but we just tend not to notice it because of the obliviousness that we have due to our stressed busy schedule and our fast pace life and every other outside factor that one can think of. We humans are on a different dimension than they are which handicaps our abilities to be on the same page as they are or vice versa. I think the possibliities of people claiming to see paranormal phenomenons at night could lead to a lot of reasons like fatigue could set in and could manipulate a perons's functioning physiologically. One could have taken a drug or drank themselves to death and been prone for malfunctioning and that could have played a role. One could have brain damage leading to hallucinations. Another could be psychological and just tries to believe and are looking for opportunities to believe.......or because one is a biased believer who stakes claims on everything that one sees or hears without thinking about and reflecting the possibilities and needs his/her face punched (for instance one might think that they saw or experienced something paranormal because the light flickered a couple of times in their room which could have been related to something else but one didn't evaluate the issue and concluded something erronous which is well deserving of a broken nose). Conflicting dimensions could interfere with the probability of "pathways, loopholes, portals, (parallel universe).....One might have actually been there at the right place at the right time (hot spot) and just experienced something phenomenal (after going through the process of logical thinking and concluding that all other probabilities are not possible and conclude that a phenomenon had just occurred). Or some might just have better senses than the norm. Like what others said, in how the brain is relaxed and are more intact with our senses (evolution?)......Man what do I know, I'm just going off of things that I think might be a possibility....this is just my opinion and not a fact and if I sound off on something then please slap a stupid patch on to stop the pain of ignorance and correct me. I'm just as curious as the others on knowing and everyone's theory counts and I have no problem with anyone elses input and I encourage it. Peace.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8    earthchick

earthchick

Geek of the Forest

• 1,435 posts

• I have CDO - that's like OCD, only in alphabetical order, as it should be.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:42 AM

I think it is a general misconception that more ghostly activity occurs at night, which may have been perpetuated in part by popular horror films and books.
Two of my own experiences took place in broad daylight, though.

Posted Image

#9    pozexis

pozexis

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,213 posts

• what does not kill you will make you wish it had...!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE(Eva Evermore @ Jul 28 2005, 03:52 AM)
I have often heard that there is more ghost activity at night. I don't really think that is true, I think that maybe we notice more at night because there is not as much activity from the living or maybe it is just that at night your mind can play tricks on you more easily and more people think they encounter ghostly actvity when they don't really. I don't know, what do you think and why?

View Post

well they say ghosts do like negative energy right? and if we consider sun as the biggest source of positive energy, it is expected that they are more active at night

my darling you worry too much, sweet darling i saw the sadness in your eyes, you are important to them, eventhough you might think otherwise...

i wont be frustrated by destruction in your eyes...

this is not the death that will eternal lie
in the echoes of strange aeons even the death may die

worth dying for,
worth killing for,
worth going to hell for,
Amen!

#10    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,814 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

during night time we ar emore relaxet and more aware on the surroinding. Also because during day time we are more stressed with our work or other personal buisness. But IMO there is no difference with the day and night for the paranormal stuff.

Finally got my black belt....

#11    Eva Evermore

Eva Evermore

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• You can find beauty in anything and anybody, you just have to look the right way.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:26 AM

Thanks everybody for posting. Like I said in the topic, I don't believe that ghosts are more active at night, infact, most of my encouters have been during the day, but I find it interesting to hear why other people think that it may or may not be true. I like to see how other people think.
Thanks again.

#12    imaginary

imaginary

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

• i want to believe but i need proof

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:31 AM

Well u sure r kind,lol original.gif

#13    Carla

Carla

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

• “Literature, the most seductive, the most deceiving, the most dangerous of professions.”

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

I don’t believe there more active in the night i think that were just more sensitive. In the day were probably more active so were less likely to notice anything, wear as in the night its allot more calmer so we notice more. If we sleep in a pitch dark room out other senses are heightened so were more likely to notice more sounds etc.

#14    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

That's a very good point. Anyone considering the issue would have to discount things like 'corner of the eye' phenomenon in low-light levels.

We are so distractable during our waking/working lives that it would be very easy to miss something subtle happening near us, but when we are quieter and there are less things to distract us, we might notice things more.

original.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#15    NJC

NJC

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

ghost are active anytime there some weird happennigs in my house when i turn off my t.v it turn back on(mutiple times) during daytime then my sister caught a ghost in a pic during night time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users