Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Have you ever created a hoax?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Crow

Crow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 03:50 PM

I was wondering whether anyone here as ever played a part in some paranormal related hoax or knows of anyone who has?

We've probably all seen documentaries with those guys who show how they've created elaborate and very convincing crop circles and so on......has anyone got any tales to tell (if they can own up of course) of hoax's they've played a part in?

My father for example, as a young lad, took some, at the time, believable pics of a UFO, basically he tossed into the air an old dustbin lid, above the grounds of his secondary school at night and took some snaps.....the local paper were right on it, but then others, more genuine researchers into UFO's became interested .....and he had to own up .......

So, what about you lot? .......anyone want to own up?

Stay spooky, Crow x

#2    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 February 2002 - 09:40 PM

Well in a different thread i owned up to tying string to several cupboards in a room prior to some friends and i using a ouija board and yanking all the strings to open them all when everything was getting spooky   :D

never take me too seriously

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 10:41 PM

Although I have given it some thought, I must say that I have never been a part of, or to my knowledge know anybody that has been a part of a hoax of any kind.

[glow=blue,2,300]Homer :sj

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 17 February 2002 - 01:05 AM

Homer,

That sounded SO rehearsed! :s04
Are you sure you don't have something to hide tell us?

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 17 February 2002 - 04:22 PM

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it. I was the main person in a hoax with an UFO that "crashed" in Roswell. It isn't very famous but it was fun to do.. :s2

Odin Supreme :s9

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 09:45 PM

Nora,
Until the investigation is over...no comment :s2

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#7    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 22 February 2002 - 08:04 AM

I onced tricked my brother to believing that world war 3 was on....and that was in '96 :s2

when i told him i was just kidding he cracked the shits

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#8    FarvLarion

FarvLarion

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 10:36 AM

Hmmm, I haven't told anyone here yet!  Wow!  I'm actually the Cancer Man from the X-Files who walks around keeping conspiracies about UFO's from everyone, and hiding everything under the sun, including the sun...   :s04

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

Abiogenesis (ab-i-o-jen`-a-sis) n. (Biol.) The theory of spontaineous generation from non-living matter [Gk. a-: neg.: bios, life, genesis, birth].  Farv Michael Larion

#9    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 22 February 2002 - 03:51 PM

Farv (I mean CM),

I heard you got 'bumped' off!!  

Being pushed down a flight of stairs can do that to a person!   8)

Heeeeeeee'ssssss bbbaaaccccckkkk!

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#10    FarvLarion

FarvLarion

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 07:35 PM

Well, what can I say.  I thought that flying was fun, until I found out that leaping off the stairs wouldn't send me flying, instead, send me falling...

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

Abiogenesis (ab-i-o-jen`-a-sis) n. (Biol.) The theory of spontaineous generation from non-living matter [Gk. a-: neg.: bios, life, genesis, birth].  Farv Michael Larion

#11    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 27 April 2002 - 06:03 AM

Even though I absolutely love the game, I am not responsible for this, really, trust me.  :s04

Magikman  :s02

* - Man, I think I lost my tree wood.  :o

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#12    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,387 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 April 2002 - 03:31 PM

Although not "unexplained" as such, I did hear about a school in England somewhere, in which a teacher apparantly told her class that Osama Bin Laden had launched a Nuclear Missile at the UK and that they were all going to die.

A rather strange and sick hoax - a lot of the pupils started crying and others panicked - the teacher in question I think was the subject of an investigation following the incident.

I can't remember what school it was or what the teacher's name was, but I doubt that she will be there for much longer.

:-/

#13    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 27 April 2002 - 04:48 PM

:s9 Not that has ever been proved....any way Crow why do u ask.....
What are you hiding?? :s2

Mind you all the ex Mazehouse people here did take part in a big hoax...... and got the t-shirt :s9

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#14    Logic

Logic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 02:36 PM

I think creating a hoax is wrong, becasue when they find out its a hoax you either get very bad penelties or people put their trust down in believing they saw a disk , but really was a freaken trash can bin!

#15    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 28 April 2002 - 04:35 PM

:sr Unfortunatly Logic there are people in this life that will for one reason or another do this.
                 If we were to believe everything we were told or all that we read we would still believe that the earth was flat etc etc........

Any way hoaxes for whatever reason keeps us on our toes....... ask the scifi channel :s2

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users