Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2010: The time of rapture?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(antiaging @ Aug 3 2005, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE(F. Mulder @ Jul 29 2005, 04:12 PM)
I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

View Post

I believe the rapture will happen at the end of the tribulation period, the last 7 years till the end. Those that think it can happen anytime are in error.
The rapture will probably happen shortly after the two witnesses in Revelation are raised from the dead and raptured up.
I am inclined to believe that the ufo aliens are the angels of God, and ufos are the same as the charriots of fire in the old testament. So, if this is true the second coming of Jesus will be a ufo invasion, with ufos piloted by angels, coming at the earth from all directions at once. The dead Christians will be reunited with their physical bodies and the Christians that are alive will be changed. Then the rapture happens and the resurrected dead and the living Christians will be levitated up to meet the Lord in the air, probably to join angels inside of ufos.
Then the Lord and the angels and saints will come back down and destroy the armies of the Earth at armageddon in the land of the middle east. The angels will be sent out to gather the sinners and throw them in hell. Then Jesus will set up His kingdom on earth, ruling and reigning with his saints for a thousand years.
That is how I see it happening according to scripture up to the time of the millenial reign of Christ.
I believe the Ezekiel chapter 38 and 39 prophecy must happen even before the tribulation period starts. So it looks to me like the rapture is a long way off.

View Post

KNOW THE TRUTH>>>
In 1827 Darby left the Anglican priesthood and by 1831 was among the leaders of the Plymouth Brethren, a non-denominational movement which denounced mainline Christianity. He began to teach that the true church would need to be removed from the earth in order to make way for the completion of God's dealings with the Jews. He named this secret removal of the church the Rapture. This belief was something completely new in Christianity. No previous Christian, neither Catholic nor Protestant, had ever proposed or taught such an thing.

#47    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE(Dang @ Aug 2 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE(antiaging @ Aug 3 2005, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE(F. Mulder @ Jul 29 2005, 04:12 PM)
I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

View Post

I believe the rapture will happen at the end of the tribulation period, the last 7 years till the end. Those that think it can happen anytime are in error.
The rapture will probably happen shortly after the two witnesses in Revelation are raised from the dead and raptured up.
I am inclined to believe that the ufo aliens are the angels of God, and ufos are the same as the charriots of fire in the old testament. So, if this is true the second coming of Jesus will be a ufo invasion, with ufos piloted by angels, coming at the earth from all directions at once. The dead Christians will be reunited with their physical bodies and the Christians that are alive will be changed. Then the rapture happens and the resurrected dead and the living Christians will be levitated up to meet the Lord in the air, probably to join angels inside of ufos.
Then the Lord and the angels and saints will come back down and destroy the armies of the Earth at armageddon in the land of the middle east. The angels will be sent out to gather the sinners and throw them in hell. Then Jesus will set up His kingdom on earth, ruling and reigning with his saints for a thousand years.
That is how I see it happening according to scripture up to the time of the millenial reign of Christ.
I believe the Ezekiel chapter 38 and 39 prophecy must happen even before the tribulation period starts. So it looks to me like the rapture is a long way off.

View Post

KNOW THE TRUTH>>>
In 1827 Darby left the Anglican priesthood and by 1831 was among the leaders of the Plymouth Brethren, a non-denominational movement which denounced mainline Christianity. He began to teach that the true church would need to be removed from the earth in order to make way for the completion of God's dealings with the Jews. He named this secret removal of the church the Rapture. This belief was something completely new in Christianity. No previous Christian, neither Catholic nor Protestant, had ever proposed or taught such an thing.

View Post

Now, you begin to know the truth
Darby coined the name rapture, but there is a scripture in the New Testament that does describe the levitating of the saints up to meet the Lord in the air. It is not called the rapture in the bible, but it CERTAINLY is in the bible.
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we whic are alive and remain shll be caught up to gether with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The saints rising up to meet the Lord in the air has been known to the Christian church since the first century.
Darby gave it a name and called it rapture. The bible does not call it that, but it is really in the bible.

#48    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:33 AM

You're all wrong. No one's floating up t the sky, nor a UFO. When Yeshua returns, you're gonna know about it, and it's just not going to be that easy. I'll give you a hint, you're all going to get a taste of hell when you that happens. Remember what ste off Noah's flood? There's another hint.

When you know how you're going to die, you have a tendancy to just accept it, there's really nothing else you can do.

Posted Image

#49    lismore

lismore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

• Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
    And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(F. Mulder @ Jul 29 2005, 10:12 PM)

View Post

Hi wink2.gif

I dont know about the aztech calendar or 2010, but ther is a lot to say that the day is coming relatively soon.

For example, when you take the words of Jesus speaking in the bilical metaphor for israel - the fig tree:

Matthew 24:32
"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

Hosea 9:10
"When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. But when they came to Baal Peor, they consecrated themselves to that shameful idol and became as vile as the thing they loved.

Therefore  when israel is doing well the day will approach:

Psalm 102:16
For the LORD will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory.

Other prophecies talk about the attacks on israel when first born e.g 1947:

Revelation 12

The Woman and the Dragon

1A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born

WITH

Genesis 37: 9 Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

God is building up Israel because for Jesus to come back the leadership of israel have to welcome him back by saying 'Baruch aba Hashem adonai'  - Blessed is he who comes in the name of the lord

Matthew 23: 37"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'[d]"

Jesus the Messiah is coming back to jerusalem and to an israeli/ Jewish east jerusalem. In particulr, Mount Zion where the Dome of the Rock is, will be the Jews Holy place yet again.

Zechariah 8:3
This is what the LORD says: "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain."

Zechariah 14:4 NIV
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem,

The talk about a nuclear War is an assumption based on this verse, concerning what the lord does at the battle of Armageddon, to those who attack Israel:
Zechariah 14:12
This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Therefore watch israel and you will see the day approaching:

Isaiah 2:3
Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:3
On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

Romans 11: 1I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
"The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27And this is[f] my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."[g]

From the lone shieling of the misty island
Mountains divide us, and the waste of seas;
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

#50    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:22 PM

great.. another one.

You know... using bible quotes to try ands tell people who don't take stock in the bible is pointless?  Not only that.. but we've seen those quotes atleast twice already in this thread alone.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#51    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

Good point SG, why would we accept something that was either stolen from older semitic religions (Psalms for the large part) or written long after it was supposed to have been.  Mythology proves nothing.   no.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#52    Dang

Dang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

To learn more about the rapture go to rapturetheory.com

#53    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:26 AM

You know 'saved' can mean a myriad of different things.

Posted Image

#54    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:21 AM

It can not be pointless, After all, Someone seems to be needled by it.

The web site has the most varied topics I have seen on one site. Now, Here is the Point. If there is NO GOD, Why does He keep dragging non-believers in Him into the post which they do not believe to be real.

You do not believe the Bible, You do not believe the Rapture. And God draws you like a magnet. OH? It was your own idea to post on the Rapture. SURE it was.

(GENESIS 3:21) Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make
coats of skins, and clothed them. (KJV)

Want to guess what kind of Animal got skinned? Hint “PURR”

Ken

Know the Truth and it will set you free, Share the Truth, He's worth knowing.

#55    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I do believe in God, and I've read more Biblical literature than you have (and I know that for a fact, because what I read is like poison to you). YOU however take everything you read ENTIRELY out of context. I read it for what it SAYS, it is quite direct.

Posted Image

#56    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

*sighs and rolls her eyes*

Oy gavult...

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#57    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:24 AM

*Mako settles back in overstuffed LazY Boy ® recliner, picks up bowl of popcorn and starts watching the Christians fight - all is good with the world!*   yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#58    JuneyGirl

JuneyGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Aug 2 2005, 10:19 PM)
I part you have a point. Like I said before the 'Rapture' isn't written anywhere. And God DOES want you to ENJOY YOUR LIFE. The Hebrews have freedom, they can do whatever they want in moderation, and they know when things are going well God is blessing them, whereas the Christian belief is upside down. They believe God is blessing them when they suffer, that's not true at all. Suffering may be a test but it definantly is NOT a blessing. God does not want you to be miserable. I have all the freedom I want and for the most part I know when to stop. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

The closest to my beliefs, as I've said before would have to be Messianic Judaism, but it still doesn't cover everything.

View Post

THe word Bible isn't in the bible,Or the word trinity. But the meaning is there.

Peace, JuneyGirl

''Fear not; I am with you to the end of the age.” Jesus

#59    _hAiLO_

_hAiLO_

Government Agent

• 3,777 posts

• "Yay! I'm gonna be sick!" -GIR

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(mako @ Aug 4 2005, 03:24 AM)
*Mako settles back in overstuffed LazY Boy ® recliner, picks up bowl of popcorn and starts watching the Christians fight - all is good with the world!*   yes.gif

View Post

Please! There are times I wish I could throw the book away for all the times its been misunderstood, misconceived, and so being God damn complex...

...well, nothing is simple in this world I guess hmm.gif

You may believe i'm a gullible fool, but look whos gullible now.

#60    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

Ashley.

The object is not to READ the Bible, it is to understand it. Understanding what you read also results in putting down some material because it is made up error. The Library is full of books, Read them all. Without understanding, you are wasting your time.

Try to understand what a REAL STAR is. and when they start falling to the Earth? Are you sure you want to take the Bible literal?

I’ll go for the similitudes:

(HOSEA 12:10) I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have
multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the
prophets. (KJV)

Ken

Know the Truth and it will set you free, Share the Truth, He's worth knowing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users