Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S.O.'s

JayRob303

user posted image

USO's

Unidentified objects are not just confined to the sky. In fact throughout the seas, oceans, as well as lakes and rivers of the world, strange metallic objects have provoked just as much curiosity. In this case they are abbreviated as USO's - Underwater Submarine Objects. 

In many cases the line separating UFO's from USO's is a slender one. Not infrequently such objects will catapult themselves from the sea to hover above the waves before vanishing at amazing speed.

Ancient phenomenon.

Just like UFO's, sightings of the underwater equivalent go back to the dawn of civilisation Indeed the cultures of ancient Mesopotamia believed they derived all their learning from such beings who emerged from the sea. In more recent times the phenomenon has produced a steady stream of sightings. Perhaps not so many incidents as sky sightings, but since the oceans are so broad and unpeopled, this is not to be wondered at.

Brazilian Encounters.

Interestingly enough some of the best documented USO encounters have occurred off the coast of Brazil. On the night of 26th of July 1980 the crew of the tugboat Caioba- Seahorse were 60 miles off the coast of Brazil when they sighted a long grey object in the water ahead of them. At that moment a bright flashing light was seen skimming towards the tug at high speed. It eventually slowed down to hover above the grey object before lifting it from the sea. Both objects then sped off across the ocean.

Cigar shaped craft.

Only four months later an incredible incident took place on the Araguari River in Brazil. Over 70 people waiting for a ferry watched in astonishment as a 15 foot metallic object rose from the river to hover above them before disappearing from sight. 

In 1967, again off the coast of Brazil, a cigar shaped craft is reported to have followed the Argentine cargo ship Naveiro. The object stayed alongside the freighter for some time yet curiously left no wake. In some astonishment the crew watched on as the object began to glow in intensity before plunging beneath the ship into deeper waters. 

English Sightings.

In England several recent sightings off the coast of Cornwall excited considerable speculation. Cornwall is well known for such happenings, but strangely enough the most unusual British encounter was said to have involved the driver and passengers of a London bus. The year was 1964 and driver Bob Fall on a route near Tottenham was amazed to a see a silver cigar shaped object dive into the nearby waters of the River Lea. Police later explained the incident as a flight of ducks, but severed overhead telephone wires and a large gouge on the embankment told a different story. 

Widespread Alarm.

Off the coast of South America in the 1960's the Argentine Navy pursued numerous USO's for at least fifteen days before finally losing track of them. In 1953 USO's caused considerable alarm in Buenos Aires harbour. Once again the navy gave chase but were unable to match the speed of the objects. In Panama meanwhile a USO that emerged from the sea is reported to have followed a passer-by for some distance before speeding away.

Scandinavian Mystery.

In Scandinavia mystery objects are known to have flown into and out of frozen lakes. A report in the Times of the 5th of April 1967 gave the following account: "Something incredibly powerful has smashed a huge hole through the ice covering a lake in central Sweden, but scientists and military experts are uncertain what it was". The possibility of a meteorite was quickly discounted and several days later there was a further incident. Once again it proved that USO's are every bit as elusive as their aerial counterparts. 

This seems more a more viable theory for those who believe that there is an alien presence here on earth. If they have spacecraft that can handle light speeds and possibly beyond, it is conceivable that their spacecraft would be able to handle the pressure's in the depths of our oceans...not to mention that earth's land mass only makes up roughly 30% of the surface of the planet, which leave's 70% of the planet to 'hide', make observations, and so on...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayRob303

• hbd777

• 49erscout

• rustyb809

I do not know enough about the subject, except for stories I have heard.

One was about someone in the USN, and I don't remember if he was non-com

or not. But, his frigate was sent from Florida to Panama during Operation Just Cause. He said as they were moving through the Carribean he was watching the blue surface glow occuring in their wake, as the bioluminescent dinoflagellates were disturbed. He was starboard side, when he and another of the crew saw

a light, underwater and heading for the ship. It went midway under the frigate,

passing from starboard bow to port stern. They thought at first it must be a submarine disturbing the organisms of the sea, but never could get a confirmation as to why a submarine would pass directly under them.

From your article-

"Off the coast of South America in the 1960's the Argentine Navy pursued numerous USO's for at least fifteen days before finally losing track of them."

Maybe they were trying to catch a U.S. nuclear sub. That is the only instance I know of to answer about the Argentina sightings. It was certainly the case during the time of the sinking of the Belgrano. The Argentines simply could not keep up with the HMS Conqueror, although they tried.

Russia also has been investigating this for some time now.. Since the collapse of the USSR, many of their secret file's on this subject have been opened, It would appear they have lost a vast amount of military personal, over the last few years, while chasing these object's. alien.gifhmm.gif

The pic's cool yes.gif

There are ENGLISH sightings!?!

*Hides in corner*

hmm, looks like i'll be looking at the sea more often happy.gif

These are UFO's underwater. I think they are one in the same. That is why the Ohio River valley has so many sightings, they dive into the river. I think I read they need water to propel themselves through space. Who knows???

Edited by Babs

I saw it on the History Channel 2 nights ago...and it peaked my interest. I hadn't heard of this before, so I wanted to get others opinions on the subject. thumbsup.gif

There was a sighting in Michigan, I think, where the light or UFO flew around in the skies and then dived into the waters, the whole town saw this thing. The government looked into the incident and divers actually saw an object under water. They proceeded to follow it to a military installation upriver or I think this was a lake...and weeks later, the UFO flew up out of the waters and into the sky.... disappeared. blink.gif The whole thing was hushed up.

Edited by Babs

There was a sighting in Michigan where the light or UFO flew around in the skies and then dived into the waters, the whole town saw this thing. The government looked into the incident and divers actually saw an object under water. They proceeded to follow it to a military installation upriver or I think this was a lake...and weeks later, the UFO flew up out of the waters and into the sky.... disappeared. blink.gif  The whole thing was hushed up.

771168[/snapback]

Very cool... Ya' know, if you think about it...a submersible jet would be a pretty useful vehicle in military ops...

I've heard of the USO's before. Most intriguing! Does anyone have more information on these? w00t.gif

I've heard of the USO's before. Most intriguing! Does anyone have more information on these? w00t.gif

773284[/snapback]

The only thing that I had heard is that Russia has numerous reports that are recently declassified, and MUFON researchers are shuffling thu several tons of paperwork to find information on the subject...

On the UFO Hunter show on the history channel, there was a reported USO that was spotted by a Russian Sub, which attacked it...the sub was destroyed with all hands lost... I'll try to google it, and see what I come up with.

I knew it!! They come from the water!! We look for them in the stars when we should look at them in the ocean! Maybe that's why they wear those white or silver body suits -- not to they can adapt to our planet, but to air!

They look like we do, with skin like ours with eyes and everything! Skeletons have been discovered of small humans (they called them "Hobbits".) Maybe that was a sub-species of theirs. Maybe these ones returned underwater. Maybe they have underwater cities, or maybe they're underground, underwater!!

Very interesting stuff. yes.gif

We could find out that some intelligent beings live below the oceans surface, and that they are the true superior inhabitants of Earth. After all 2/3 of the Earth is covered in Water, right? w00t.gif

(We need a Smiley of this ' dontgetit.gif ' with a tinfoil hat on!)

Edited by T-Nemesis

Perfect alien base on earth would be on the bottom of the ocean!

Perhaps, the inhabitants of Atlantis were the perpetrators!

alien.gif Once MUFON gets through shuffling through all the paperwork, we may be able to discover more. JayRob, you seem to be on top of things grin2.gif so let us know what you come up with. Too bad I have to work for a living, I'd rather spend a lot of my time just researching the mysteries of the world. wub.gif

Agreed

Well people, I have been a SONAR operator in the Australian Navy for 5 years now, have circum navigated our continent at least twice, done stints in the Pacific and Indian oceans, and have unfortunately never seen any USO's. As much as I believe there are objects cruising around our oceans, im yet to see something.

A lot of my friends who have done twice the time I have served and spend most of their time at sea as lookouts, they too have never seen anything.

If it happens I will be the first to let you know! (always have a digital camera handy!)

JayRob like you tag too, notice how after Roswell Aircraft frames went from Aluminium and steel, to Titanium and carbon alloys....

JayRob like you tag too, notice how after Roswell Aircraft frames went from Aluminium and steel, to Titanium and carbon alloys....

775176[/snapback]

And all in a relatively short amount of time!

The Russian navy has tried to catch more then one U.S.O.'s.

Unbeknown to a lot of people, the cold war between The States and Russia continue, the baltic and northern seas are littered with submersible research stations and listening arrays, incidents like kursk and more recently the mini sub they just rescued occur more frequently then the media puts out, a theory of the kursk incident is that it blew the front of it hull off from testing underwater rocket torpedos, namely the 'skval'. As technology increases these highly manoeuvrable and extremely fast underwater objects become more frequent, (hence the random sightings) I don't want to rain on anyones parade, I myself like to remain open minded about these things, but alot of the answers are closer to home then many would like to think.

There was a sighting in Michigan, I think, where the light or UFO flew around in the skies and then dived into the waters, the whole town saw this thing. The government looked into the incident and divers actually saw an object under water. They proceeded to follow it to a military installation upriver or I think this was a lake...and weeks later, the UFO flew up out of the waters and into the sky.... disappeared. blink.gif  The whole thing was hushed up.

771168[/snapback]

I heard something similar, but it happened off the coast of Newfoundland.

Check out the Nova Scotia incident.

780760[/snapback]

ack...I was looking at purchasing some land in Nova Scotia...

Which incident were you refering too?