Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drug Laced suckers/lollies

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    mystery-man

mystery-man

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

Here is something I found on snopes just now. It is half false and half true Click for link

North Little Rock Police Department put out a warning. Someone is giving middle school & high school kids suckers that look like: Maple Leafs; Pumpkins & Santa Claus that are laced with three different TYPES OF VERY STRONG DRUGS THAT ARE HALLUCINOGENIC, and this is STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL a child or teenager.

The Police station received a tip from the Memphis, TN police. Some arrest in Memphis have been made. These suckers have turned up in Blytheville. Officials' fears that these suckers will begin to show up throughout the state.

If you have children, or know someone with children, PLEASE inform them of this possible threat to our children.

Honestly I think it's a load of rubbish. Maybe not the law enforcement finding drugs but the rest a load of [Put naughty word here]

#2    ABOTU

ABOTU

L'Isola Sola

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

• Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:30 PM

oh I don't know, we were always taught to check if our Halloween candy looked like it had been open, and if it was, we had to throw it away, because it might have drugs in/on it

Posted Image

^Nadia is my hero!

Participant in largest mass booting from UM chatroom.

#3    mystery-man

mystery-man

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

You know some wise people. I was out trick or treating with a mate a couple of years ago and his little brother was gives some Vaseline but some oaps. They must have been a bit blink.gif

#4    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

• Nick Fury!: Smarter than the average bear

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

Thta's similar to the stories they used to tell about dealers giving out LSD laced temporary tatoos to kids outside school gates. Apparently they wanted to get them hooked so they'd come back and buy large quantities   no.gif
According to Snopes it's just a rubbish legend but when the school liasons cops used to come into our school they always used to warn us about it  so there's probably some truth in it somewhere  mellow.gif

#5    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

A more realistic UB of the same genre, is people sticking glass shards and razors into candies at Halloween, although this is generally a tale parents tell children to make them be wary, i don't know if a single real case has ever been reported.

#6    SilverNitrate

SilverNitrate

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

i stay in memphis tn and thats not rubbish its a true story. the school i go to they have them and call them dro pops. only seen the ones with weed in them not sure about the other stuff.

Reality is just a shared illusion

#7    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:58 PM

Nitrate, that's the silliest thing i've ever heard. Obviously you don't know anything about drugs. laugh.gif
If you eat weed, the same thing will happen as if you've just eaten a blade of grass. Nothing. So lacing a candy with a green plant will be about as effective as lacing water with a lime.

#8    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

• All power rests on hierarchy: An army is nothing but a well-organized lynch mob.
    --Edward Abbey

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(BurnSide @ Aug 7 2005, 03:58 PM)
Nitrate, that's the silliest thing i've ever heard. Obviously you don't know anything about drugs. laugh.gif
If you eat weed, the same thing will happen as if you've just eaten a blade of grass. Nothing. So lacing a candy with a green plant will be about as effective as lacing water with a lime.

View Post

Well that just blows one of the first big gags in 'Super Troopers' all to hell.   laugh.gif

Posted Image

#9    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

I thought he ate mushrooms in supertroopers. That was the funniest scene. I nearly pissed myself watching that. grin2.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#10    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

Never seen it.

If you eat ALOT of weed, it will have an effect on you of course. So if that's what happened, fair enough.

But eating a lolly laced with a few leaves? Laughable.

[edit]
Ah well, Mushrooms are a different story, they are ment to be eaten to cause hallucinations.

Edited by BurnSide, 07 August 2005 - 11:23 PM.

#11    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

• All power rests on hierarchy: An army is nothing but a well-organized lynch mob.
    --Edward Abbey

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:34 PM

No, I don't think he ate 'shrooms.  If I remember correctly he scarfed down a big bag of weed.  Then again, I think I was drunk when I saw 'Super Troopers', so I am probably remembering it wrong! tongue.gif

But I agree, if a sucker was all you needed to get high, there would be a lot of stoners with more spending money. wink2.gif

Posted Image

#12    ajagsfairy

ajagsfairy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:34 AM

Thats something candy ravers would be into sounds like.  I bet it would be a big hit for silly ravers if there were extacy or acid lolli pops.

#13    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

--Edward Abbey

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:42 AM

Now you know, acid pops probably would work.  Too bad I have high morals and scuples, because that is a market just waiting to be tapped.  tongue.gif

Posted Image

#14    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:05 AM

haha. Acid Pops is a particular favourite candy of Albus Dumbledore.

Or was, anyway.

#15    JennRose

JennRose

Poltergeist

• 2,284 posts

--Edward Abbey

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(BurnSide @ Aug 7 2005, 10:05 PM)
haha. Acid Pops is a particular favourite candy of Albus Dumbledore.

Or was, anyway.

View Post

Well, Dumbledore DID always strike me as an old hippy, so I am not surprised. laugh.gif

I am surprised I had forgotten that HP tidbit.  blush.gif  Leave it to Burnside to catch it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users