Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Think about some things.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Septimus

Septimus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• We were burned down.

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

Well I was reading another thread and I thought this'd make for an interesting discussion. This isn't a thread discussing whether or not God exists, it's IF he does exist-

Do any of you remember MIB, where there are little aliens in K's locker, and they think he's God? Or maybe "The Sims", where we, as some bored person, are sitting in front of a screen controlling these little digital peeps' lives.

What if we were that insignificant in comparison to a god? What if god was just a bored little kid, looking after his tank of ants and watching them dig little tunnels? What do you think of all this? Has it ever crossed your mind? That god could be just like us but unlike us, that he could be part of another society we know nothing about? Like the aliens in K's locker. Hm?

Posted Image
We were burned down: Shrine for Cephei

#2    SilverRain Queen

SilverRain Queen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

• Fear does not exist... it must be created...stop creating it!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Septimus @ Aug 11 2005, 01:54 PM)
Well I was reading another thread and I thought this'd make for an interesting discussion. This isn't a thread discussing whether or not God exists, it's IF he does exist-

Do any of you remember MIB, where there are little aliens in K's locker, and they think he's God? Or maybe "The Sims", where we, as some bored person, are sitting in front of a screen controlling these little digital peeps' lives.

What if we were that insignificant in comparison to a god? What if god was just a bored little kid, looking after his tank of ants and watching them dig little tunnels? What do you think of all this? Has it ever crossed your mind? That god could be just like us but unlike us, that he could be part of another society we know nothing about? Like the aliens in K's locker. Hm?

View Post

Definately a thought as noone knows the reality.  If there were a God that set the rules, we're in a whole heap of trouble, it's do or die.

In that case, much like what Christians believe today.  Totally movtivated by fear.

I being the person I am...it's die for me....Not interesting in serving a God that kills for pleasure or the fact that he's bigger than us or made some stupid rule just to control.

Now on the other hand...if there is a society of G.O.D. that were kind motivators on how life should be lived in order for better health, and that noone is punished but taken into reform and shown a better standard.....I can live with that.  

But there isn't any evidence of either and noone really knows, although they like to sell the idea that they know. hmm.gif

Be ready for the Paradigm Shift at the Quantum Level....

SilverRain Queen
Empathic Diviner

#3    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

Man, I hear too much of this.

"Christians are motivated by fear"

I'm a Christian.  And I am NOT motivated by fear.  I'm one of the people who just wants to help others as much as I possibly can.  That has nothing to do with fear.  That has everything to do with trying to be the best person I can be.

I've been through two open-heart surgeries...both at the ages of 18 and 19..and due to a heart condition that could have taken my life at any moment.

Trust me, dude.  I KNOW what fear is.

Christianity isn't fear.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#4    SilverRain Queen

SilverRain Queen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

• Fear does not exist... it must be created...stop creating it!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(MedicTJ @ Aug 11 2005, 02:49 PM)

I'm a Christian.  And I am NOT motivated by fear.  I'm one of the people who just wants to help others as much as I possibly can.  That has nothing to do with fear.  That has everything to do with trying to be the best person I can be.

I've been through two open-heart surgeries...both at the ages of 18 and 19..and due to a heart condition that could have taken my life at any moment.

Trust me, dude.  I KNOW what fear is.

Christianity isn't fear.

View Post

Then you are lying to yourself.

No Christian wants to go to hell....they have a promise of heaven.  A Christian can't do anything he deems 'wrong' or that fear of hell comes to the surface.  Obviously you haven't done anything wrong to worried about it.  Gees I guess you can cast the first stone.

The fact that you 'fear' your life taken shows there is no peace in your life.  You should be 'happy' God wants to take you home.  

I have no fear of death and have had two near-death experiences.

You are what you believe.

Be ready for the Paradigm Shift at the Quantum Level....

SilverRain Queen
Empathic Diviner

#5    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

it is also entirely possible that a "life form" that some would consider to be godly exists and has not even noticed mankind.  a being of such scope noticing humans could be akin to you noticing a fleck of dust in the wind.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#6    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(SilverRain Queen @ Aug 11 2005, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE(MedicTJ @ Aug 11 2005, 02:49 PM)

I'm a Christian.  And I am NOT motivated by fear.  I'm one of the people who just wants to help others as much as I possibly can.  That has nothing to do with fear.  That has everything to do with trying to be the best person I can be.

Trust me, dude.  I KNOW what fear is.

Christianity isn't fear.

View Post

Then you are lying to yourself.

No Christian wants to go to hell....they have a promise of heaven.  A Christian can't do anything he deems 'wrong' or that fear of hell comes to the surface.  Obviously you haven't done anything wrong to worried about it.  Gees I guess you can cast the first stone.

The fact that you 'fear' your life taken shows there is no peace in your life.  You should be 'happy' God wants to take you home.  

I have no fear of death and have had two near-death experiences.

You are what you believe.

View Post

Of course no Christian wants to go to hell.  No Muslim or Jew wants to go to hell either.

Because I believe in Jesus Christ doesn't mean I'm afraid of believing anything different.

You have to understand my belief system.  I believe that if you treat others badly, and you live your life just to cheat at every turn, steal at every turn, and lie at every turn, then you should be sent to somewhere like hell when you're all done.

It's called "punishment".

Most of the people that are opposed to me in this concept are those that cheat at every turn, steal at every turn, and lie at every turn.

It has nothing to do with fearing anything at all.  It has EVERYTHING to do with treating the person across from you the way YOU would want to be treated.

Yes....the Golden Rule.

A concept that has been completely forgotten in the year 2005.  And I suspect it won't come back anytime soon.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

#7    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

You have to understand my belief system. I believe that if you treat others badly, and you live your life just to cheat at every turn, steal at every turn, and lie at every turn, then you should be sent to somewhere like hell when you're all done.

It's called "punishment".

Most of the people that are opposed to me in this concept are those that cheat at every turn, steal at every turn, and lie at every turn.

It has nothing to do with fearing anything at all. It has EVERYTHING to do with treating the person across from you the way YOU would want to be treated.

ah yes, the concept of justice.  chimpanzees have the same concept of justice as humans.  

but just to give you a counter-example: i do not lie, cheat, or steal (or a large variety of other actions) and i do not believe in punishment at all.

Arabia

#8    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,004 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:21 AM

Medic that is so not true, maybe you are a high qualitychristian but I have yet to meet a Christian that doesn't lie cheat or steal,
They lie to themselves about who they are, they cheat themselves of self esteem because they beleive they are less than, You cheat alot of us of a better world by insisting your way is the only way.. When you beleive that you are less than you do things that are less than!!!! the majority of people that condone and support killing are religious , I'm not trying to be mean,  The nature of religion is Fear and  control , I'm not religious at all I don't beleive in Hell I don't beleive in rules and regulations are needed for me to be a good person, I just am thats it , no threats no b.s. just I take pride in being a good person I'm not trying to win God's favor or aproval  or being the chosen one I have reverence for life and the things in it no one needs to tell me to be this way, Why do you need a religious system to tell you to be a good person, Because that religion has convinced you you are less than and not capable of knowing right from wrong you are sinful so lots of religious people believe and behave sinfully they judge others they discriminate against races sexual differences they say this is Gods word God wants this What kind of God would want that , ? What you beleive eventually becomes your behavior its as simple as that. Namaste Sheri

#9    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:43 AM

WOW, I sense a LOT of hate here.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

#10    Septimus

Septimus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• We were burned down.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:51 AM

wtf this isn't a thread for arguments, back on topic!! le psh!

anyway. -_-'

it is also entirely possible that a "life form" that some would consider to be godly exists and has not even noticed mankind. a being of such scope noticing humans could be akin to you noticing a fleck of dust in the wind.

yes which also brings up the idea if...there are really, really, REALLY small "people", or any kind of life forms, living in like...atoms or something, and the atom is like their world.

Edited by Septimus, 12 August 2005 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image
We were burned down: Shrine for Cephei

#11    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,004 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(MedicTJ @ Aug 11 2005, 05:43 PM)

View Post

Medic the only hate that is here is the hate you sense I only speak the truth which is observable I'm sorry you feel you are hated.  not my intentions.Namaste Sheri

#12    LarryOldtimer

LarryOldtimer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• In the beginning, there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light." There still was nothing, but you could see it better.

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:55 AM

Sheri, I think that the primary thing neccessary for being a good person is simply . . . self respect.  I believe in no gods at all, but in the morning I have to look in the mirror and do I see someone I would respect myself, if it weren't me, or someone I would have no use for?  Since I want to respect myself, I refrain from actions which would cause me to think less of myself.  No promise of heaven, no threat of any hell, just what do I think about myself.  Sure works for me.   yes.gif

#13    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:14 AM

a noble approach, larry.  i tend to agree with you.  i also hold that it is the person that must answer to  him/herself for all actions taken, thus no "punishment" of a judge or jury has any real effect.  a person ultimately only answers to his/herself.

the problem for societies is that every person has a different definition of what makes one worthy.  that person who you (not to single you out personally) think is a hoodlem gang-banging drugdealer may look in the mirror and be quite proud of his status in his gang, or the territory he has control over, etc, etc.  Some people are quite conscious of how what they do effects others and wish not to cause harm while others take pride in the destruction they bring forth.  the only way "looking in the mirror" works on a societal level is if society has a common binding, stablizing, normalizing construct.  historically this has been religion.  you and i both know the other side of a normalizing force though, and thus see why it needs to be counter-balanced.

fortunately we are now beginning to  (potentially) pass into a new form of society that will not need to hold to longstanding stablizing constructs.  knowledge and freedom will undermine ignorance and superstition.

Arabia

#14    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,004 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(LarryOldtimer @ Aug 11 2005, 09:55 PM)
Sheri, I think that the primary thing neccessary for being a good person is simply . . . self respect.  I believe in no gods at all, but in the morning I have to look in the mirror and do I see someone I would respect myself, if it weren't me, or someone I would have no use for?  Since I want to respect myself, I refrain from actions which would cause me to think less of myself.  No promise of heaven, no threat of any hell, just what do I think about myself.  Sure works for me.   yes.gif

View Post

Awesome Larry I love that  i don't use the mirror metaphor but I hold myself to this standard WHO AM I WHEN NOONE IS WATCHING I can B.S. anyone but do I have respect for the person I am when no one is around??? This is what works for me and I came up with this myself no doctrines no scare tactics no hell looming over me just what I described, Its interesting to me that those that aren't religious take being a good person and  pursue some sort of area that is a beneifit for all of us are not religious (not to infer that religious people aren't humanitatrian) I know lots of unreligious people who really do make a difference just because thats who they are not for gain or accolades or favor or specialness, Just very humble very quiet very unassuming. I wonder how that can be without religion???

Hyper I loved your post too you made very good points and I know you are a good person by choice also. Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri, 12 August 2005 - 06:30 AM.

#15    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Sheri berri @ Aug 12 2005, 01:31 AM)
QUOTE(MedicTJ @ Aug 11 2005, 05:43 PM)

View Post

Medic the only hate that is here is the hate you sense I only speak the truth which is observable I'm sorry you feel you are hated.  not my intentions.Namaste Sheri

View Post

Take a look at your responses to my posts.

Then take a look at your reponses to other's posts.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that your reactions to me..being a Christian...are  clearly different than your reactions to others.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs on you.  You beleive what you want to believe.  That's what makes us human.  The ability to make choices.

However, the choice that one makes shouldn't ostracize them from those who have made different choices.

BUT, that's how humanity has gone from day one.  And it isn't going to change.

In this world, there are cliques.  It doesn't matter what you believe.  If you speak out about what you believe in, you're going to be ridiculed by those who don't believe the same things that you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users