Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death = Reincarnation?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    B.T.

B.T.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• Hows does it feel to be a prisoner of fate, because your whole life had to happen exactly the way it did for you to be reading this right now....

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

Ok just take a minute to think about this possibility right after you die. Forget the heaven or hell thing and imagine what i'm about to say.  Lets pretend you've just been fatal (shot/killed) and are lying on the ground, you see the "white light" and the next thing you know your popping out of a womans "lower area" blush.gif  as a baby. Maybe thats why babies cry, they know there going to have to go through life again.  What do you think about this theory???

#2    moomooman

moomooman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:49 AM

hmmm. well that would go along with the reincarnation stuff. what if your popping out of a cow? and why would living life again be bad? i dont know about this one, but i guess it could be possible. howd you come up with this?

#3    B.T.

B.T.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• Hows does it feel to be a prisoner of fate, because your whole life had to happen exactly the way it did for you to be reading this right now....

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

As soon as i posted this i thought abut the cow or other living thing possibility. lol.  I think its totally possible. And i would hate living a whole life just to do it over in another body. All the things like the first this and that all over again. AHHHHH, no way!!!

#4    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:56 PM

Question for you.  So are you saying (according to this theory) that we don't have a soul until the moment of birth?  What happens if a mother has to have a C-section earlier because of complications?  In that case, it's not time for you to be born, because the mom didn't go into labor.  This may just be a very minor detail, but still. hmm.gif

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#5    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:15 PM

Altered topic title to better define the nature of the discussion.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#6    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

A baby is aware before birth.
It needs to cry upon merging from the womb to start breathing. That's why doctors intentioanlly spank the baby if it does not cry, to make it cry and start breathing.
If we are aware at birth we have to go through life again and are upset about it, having just gone through one life, why do we forget our past lives?

#7    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:49 PM

I believe we are reborn, but i don't believe you come right back the minute you die! I have meet my soul mate, I knew the minute i seen him we had been together before, But he is alot older then me, so i can't buy into the theory of coming right back as soon as you die. wink2.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

I too do believe in some sort of form of reincarnatiion.

A very difficult form to explain, funnily enough. I believe that our souls are eternally aware.. but i don't really believe in souls, but like a life foruce of sorts, but.. not.. see it only makes sense in my head.

disgust.gif

#9    moomooman

moomooman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:48 AM

i know what you mean. like something thats there but its like well... umm... maybe nevermind. but about soul mates. what if you come back, and your soul mate is in a giraffe or something like that?

#10    steer

steer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

just  drop  a point  here peeps .

i think that when you get someone who dies and a baby has bron rigth.
well  i think want is relly going on here is that where someone who has lived in the pasted have die is now reborn into  this world  has relived be for in there time has now moved on in this world follow on and on.  thumbsup.gif

Attached Files

#11    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

This is more Spirituality & Skepticism rather than World Events. World Events is major news huh.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#12    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

Moved to correct forum.

Steer? Please try to make your posts more understandable from now on, I had to read that about 3 times to understand what you were trying to say.

blink.gif

#13    RedX

RedX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

I do feel that we are reincarnated after dieing ( Or, something that gives us life...a sole or energy that stays with us throw life). I dont think that you have to be reborn RIGHT after dieing...It could be from any amount of time and any were in this or any univarse.

I also think that the moment that the sperm meets the egg is that moment that our "being" inhabits that body (and also gives it a kind of jump start to the process of growing).

Ill come back to say way I think we dont remember our past lives all throw this one when I have time.  happy.gif

#14    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

Actually, steer's topic is very similar to B.T.'s thread, so I'm going to go ahead and merge it with his.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#15    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

hm, yeah I believe in that.
but your soul is some kind of energy, an essence if you will, of what no one will really understand. but this essence, to interact in the physical world physically, it needs a host to occupy and as everything that is alive can be occupied, the essence co-exists with us (perhaps). our conscience could be due to the co-existing between the body and essence, also our sub-conscience.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users