Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jesus Teaches

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    iac_tracker

iac_tracker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Location:The eternal hellhole of heat and humidity also known as Florida

• The dumbest people I know are those who know it all. -- Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:55 PM

A CHRISTIAN GROUP
           Come here all are exepted even skeptics but only for better doing and this group is not to argue about religion but to learn from others and spread the joy. grin2.gif  Do you have something to talk about or have you had a religious awakening that you want to share.  Come and tell us what God has done in your life and what you have learned from him. thumbsup.gif What have you learned from church this week?

Basically a place to talk arguement free about anything to do with god. innocent.gif

Edited by iac_tracker, 13 August 2005 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

#2    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:17 PM

How does the crucifixion of Jesus translate into a sacrifice for everyone's sins?  From what I recall, he neither wanted to be there nor did he know what he was dying for.

#3    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

To answer your question aquatus, back in the OT, for people to "cover up" their sins, they needed a sacrifice.  There were different sacrifices for different kinds of sin, such as a meat offering for stealing and what- not.  Of course, their sins weren't quite forgiven, but rather they were covered.  When Jesus came, He became the final sacrifice for sin, so that not only normal people could talk to God(back in the OT, only priests could talk to God, and they needed to be sin- free or else they'd die on the spot), but our sins were also forgiven, not just covered.  This is just a rough stroy, and someone else can probably give you a little more detail:tu:

iac_tracker, this is a very good idea.  Let's see, God does many things in my life.  If I'm about to do something I shouldn't, I can hear a little voice say "don't," and when I follow it, I end up not getting hurt or in trouble.  Everyday I learn a new lesson, it can be a discreet lesson or a life changing one, but it's always a lesson.  Also, one of the biggest things He does is answer my prayer requests.  It may not be an immediate answering, but they all do get answered.

#4    iac_tracker

iac_tracker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

• The dumbest people I know are those who know it all. -- Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

Yes my prayers always get answered too It might be a while but remember  "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whoes confidence is in him" so sometimes I have to pray for the same thing over a period of time but it always happens thumbup.gif

Posted Image

#5    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(TaintedDoughnuts @ Aug 13 2005, 10:24 PM)
To answer your question aquatus, back in the OT, for people to "cover up" their sins, they needed a sacrifice.  There were different sacrifices for different kinds of sin, such as a meat offering for stealing and what- not.  Of course, their sins weren't quite forgiven, but rather they were covered.

Did the sacrifice have to be willing?

#6    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,248 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(aquatus1 @ Aug 14 2005, 08:51 AM)
Did the sacrifice have to be willing?

View Post

Does a cow have a choice in the matter?  does a sack of grain have choice in the matter?  

Jesus didn't want to die - no sane person wishes to die.  But Jesus also acknowledged it was God's will and he would do as God wished "Not my will but yours".  So it was a willing sacrifice as in Jesus had a choice and decided to follow through.

Hope that answers your question thumbsup.gif

Anyway, good thread.  Today I have been reminded of the great joy of the future as we look forward to the day that all God's creation will bow down and worship Him.  The passage at church today was Revelations 7 - when John saw a great multitude of people, so large their number couldn't be counted, all worshipping God.  When no longer will society be divided, but united under one God, one purpose, one hope, one love.    

I pray and look forward to that glorious day.

Regards,

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 August 2005 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#7    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:44 PM

and PA, what if that uniting force is buddhism?  or what if that uniting force is logic?

will you still be happy that all of humanity came together in "one purpose", even if it means dismissal of your religion?  (would you sacrifice your version of faith for the greater "good" of humanity, or do you just expect all other belief structures to do so?)

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#8    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(hyperactive @ Aug 14 2005, 05:44 PM)
and PA, what if that uniting force is buddhism?  or what if that uniting force is logic?

will you still be happy that all of humanity came together in "one purpose", even if it means dismissal of your religion?  (would you sacrifice your version of faith for the greater "good" of humanity, or do you just expect all other belief structures to do so?)

View Post

What a great question, I am glad I am not the one having to answer it.

All the best
Faeden

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#9    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,248 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

To answer that, my faith tells me that that will not be the case.  Our world will be united as one under the banner of GOd one day.  Faith aside, I do not think our selfish nature's will let that happen.  There will always be an egomaniac out there in some guise or other trying to advance their own purposes.

When I speak of the day we are united, I speak of heaven.  When all creation is bowing down and worshipping the wonderful creator.  It's not a physical day of which I speak, but the day of our Lord's return.

Hope that helps thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 August 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#10    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• 2,013 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

Hi Paranoid Android

Can I ask you, are non Christians allowed to this party?

All the best
Faeden

Posted Image

#11    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

PA. but what if when you die (and there is life after death for this scenario) you go off to a place and discover that the unity of all energy in the universe is not what you beleived in this life?  will you still be as happy to see a unity of energies or will you be unhappy that it was not what christianity promised?

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#12    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,633 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:48 PM

PA why would you rejoice when we all bow down and "worship the Christian God??? one does not have faith one is faith !!! One does not "hope' that something will happen one just "KNOWS it will, One who has faith (and very few have acheieved such a state) don't defend their beleiefs there is no need to their beleifs stand on there own,  Why would you wish we as humans remaoin divided, different is kool but divided ? again  thats what religion encourages .  Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri, 14 August 2005 - 11:50 PM.

#13    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,248 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

Faeden - the views of the non-Christian are valued here.  However, we do not wish this thread to become another "prove Christianity" thread.  It is hoped that Christians can come here and discuss their views and opinions without having to justify them as happens in every other thread.

Hyper - if I am wrong, I doubt I'd care.

Regards,

Posted Image

#14    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• 2,013 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(Paranoid Android @ Aug 15 2005, 12:51 AM)
Faeden - the views of the non-Christian are valued here.  However, we do not wish this thread to become another "prove Christianity" thread.  It is hoped that Christians can come here and discuss their views and opinions without having to justify them as happens in every other thread.

Hyper - if I am wrong, I doubt I'd care.

Regards,

View Post

I only asked a question based on the threads subject. If you cant answer it that is fine, just thought id ask.

All the best
Faeden

Posted Image

#15    iac_tracker

iac_tracker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:37 AM

Everybody is welcome here skeptics, believers, christians, and even athiests but it is not to ask questions. It is share your religous expieriences and spread the joy of the Lord. wink2.gif

Edited by iac_tracker, 15 August 2005 - 01:37 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users