Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven and Hell?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Dragonic Darkness

Dragonic Darkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Yes, yes... I look like Harry Potter and love The Nightmare Before Christmas. Quite the unique combination, eh? :P

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

What exactly is required to be admitted into the gates of heaven? MUST you have a religion (I do'nt have a concrete religion (my moms Greek orthodox and my dads catholic or christian))? Must you have been a good person throughout your life? Must you have lived a life of purity? A life of worship? And does everyone else get sent into hell?

#2    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

I believe you must be a good person, Believe in God and do the right things for no other reason then's it right. I try very hard not to lie, or miss lead people.I am kind to every one i meet, even if i do not like then,I pray for forgiveness for my sins, And try to do what i believe Gods wants of me, Some religions say you must accept Jesus as your savor and the mortal son of God, As well as the fact he died for your sins.But i am not sure thats true, I just feel you Must believe and Love God as your savor and maker!

Those who believe in no God or higher being may be the ones who go to hell, Some religions say hell has level depending how bad you are, and once you do your time you still get to go to heaven, I would hope that is true for those who are not really bad people, maybe they are just confused.

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#3    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

It is one thing to know about the concepts of heaven and hell and to try to conform you life to those principles, Isis, but what about primitives who have never heard of heaven or hell?  What about people who from childhood have been in religions not recognizing heaven and hell?

I would like very much to think that in the end everyone goes to that eternal destiny that they believe.  The Hindu would be reincarnated.  The American Indian would go to his Happy Hunting Ground.  The Polynesian would row to Sandaran.  But the problem is that the Christians would have to cross the River Jordan and find everyone else there waiting for them.  That doesn't leave much room for the other religions, right?

#4    Frogs

Frogs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

The problem with these kind of questions is the answers will all vary depending upon the views of those giving them.   hmm.gif

I'm not saying its a "bad" question, just that the answers to it will vary depending upon the belief system of those answering and there is no way to say that one is right and one is wrong.

#5    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

You have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and do good deeds. Not killing people or other things. And if you do kill someone you can be forgiven if you ask God.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#6    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(isis-999 @ Aug 16 2005, 06:10 PM)
I believe you must be a good person, Believe in God and do the right things for no other reason then's it right. I try very hard not to lie, or miss lead people.I am kind to every one i meet, even if i do not like then,I pray for forgiveness for my sins, And try to do what i believe Gods wants of me, Some religions say you must accept Jesus as your savor and the mortal son of God, As well as the fact he died for your sins.But i am not sure thats true, I just feel you Must believe and Love God as your savor and maker!

Those who believe in no God or higher being may be the ones who go to hell, Some religions say hell has level depending how bad you are, and once you do your time you still get to go to heaven, I would hope that is true for those who are not really bad people, maybe they are just confused.

View Post

Atheists don't believe in God. God created them, but why would He want to destroy someone he created? What if there's an Atheist who's intensionally a good person? Does that still entitle him to hell?

#7    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

From what I know(I have asked the same question because of my dad) You cannot enter Heaven unless you have a personal relationship with God.  crying.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#8    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

So then all non believers go to hell?

#9    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

Maybe if they do not know Jesus.  sad.gif

Posted Image

#10    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

But how can they help it if they don't know Jesus?
What if a babys born into the world and dies too early of age, not knowing God or Jesus?

#11    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

A person who has never heard of God will not go to Hell because they cannot be judged on something they never heard of.

Babys cannot go to Hell because they know no God because they aren't able to fully comprerhend it.

Posted Image

#12    V for Vanity

V for Vanity

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

Then what of the Atheists?

#13    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Since an atheist does not believe in God and he may know about him then he will be judged by God. I don't think if someone knew of God and just didn't want to have a relationship would be able to go. But God can only judge them.

Posted Image

#14    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:55 PM

Moved to a more suitable forum.

#15    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(101 @ Aug 16 2005, 05:54 PM)
A person who has never heard of God will not go to Hell because they cannot be judged on something they never heard of.

Babys cannot go to Hell because they know no God because they aren't able to fully comprerhend it.

View Post

So if we have a primitive tribe of cannibals who terrorize all other tribes and kill as many as they can, they will go to heaven because they never heard of God?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users