Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Noah's Ark

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    447Za P2i1

447Za P2i1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• "If anything in life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone"

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:00 PM

they havent found the ark, they say the ark is located below the ice at the base of the volcanic mountain Mt. Ararat. a few things wrong.

They said they found the ark with the roof on...but in the bible it says that Noah took the roof off
Also whos to say that the mountain didnt blow up a long time ago and burn the ark all to hell
and where did all the water go from this great flood?

I would like people to stop looking for the Ark and find the damn Holy Grail

#32    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,427 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:26 PM

The Grail is real?  I thought is was a mideval legend, created so that King Arthur and his knights had something to do.

#33    447Za P2i1

447Za P2i1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• "If anything in life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone"

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:28 PM

lol...the Holy Grail is the cup that caught Jesus's blood when he was crusified, its in the bible and so is noahs ark if there is people looking for the ark why not the grail?

#34    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:33 PM

Why don't we get them to admit that Noah's ark is a story borrowed from the Akkadians and Sumerians and that the Holy Grail is just another stupid myth started by the Church of the Middle Ages to keep the masses entertained and not thinking about how inconsistent Xianity is! wacko.gif

#35    447Za P2i1

447Za P2i1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

I beleive in Evolution myself, the bible was just a book to make people feel better

But if they find the ark or the grail it would be a great find

#36    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

But if they find the ark or the grail it would be a great find

Agreed, but I'm not holding my breath until they do! whistling2.gif

#37    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

The Bible is a book written as a guideline for living a life that is, how can I word this, clean. Not harming our fellow man and so on. I don't believe it is to be taken literally. The stories in the Old Testament all have a moral on life and how you should live it. Weather or not Noah's Ark exists is not the point of the Bible story. I for one believe that Noah's Ark, The Holy Grail, and all of the other religous artifacts do not exist except in the minds of people of faith. As far as Evoloution versus Creation, once again a matter of faith.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#38    bloodmoon

bloodmoon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(twpdyp @ Sep 21 2004, 11:21 PM)
The Bible is a book written as a guideline for living a life that is, how can I word this, clean. Not harming our fellow man and so on.

View Post

what about the whole "burn the witches BURN THEM!!!!!" thing?

Posted Image

its a shame stupidity isnt painful

Avatar animation by UA & thebarman
sig by Hailo hellFIRE

#39    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,427 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:17 AM

As an interesting FYI, it was explained to me that the bible passage "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" was actually referring to witches in the sense that the only people with herbal knowledge to heal were thought of as witches, but that since healing was such a profitable pasttime and some pseudo-witches were feeding people junk that was killing them, the statement was meant more along the lines of "Thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live."

#40    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,581 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:48 AM

i believe Noah Ark exsisted, the real question is... are those remains that people have found? experts keep testing these remains of this ship, they said they found.. and they think it might be Noahs Ark, anyone heard of this, or read about it? i dont have the link, im just given you guys a very brief description of the top of my head!!!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#41    Burgundy Johnson

Burgundy Johnson

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:16 AM

also, what about inbreeding, if you only have 2 of somthing the only thing to mate with is your partner or offspring, causing alot of genetics problems, if noahs ark happened, then everything, including humans, should be either dead from defects, or look like the elephant man. its a major problem faced in zoos right now with rare animals, not enough genetic deversity= problems
plain and simple,
not to mention isnt incest a sin???

according to my biology teacher, that is a common misconception. the only way inbreeding causes defects (now i know nothing about the subject, i'm just saying what she told me) is that the offspring of the parents are more likely to have genial diseases and defects...such as they are more likely to get them because they have 2 genes of it instead 1 of it. so technically, it doesn't cause defects. buttt

incest is gross  dontgetit.gif

Edited by Joe013, 22 September 2004 - 10:19 AM.

#42    447Za P2i1

447Za P2i1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:15 AM

how the hell did we get on inbreeding on a "Noahs Ark" message board?

I saw a show on Discovery, it had a geologist goto Mt. Ararat where they say they found noahs ark and to the highest point on the earth, Mt. Everest, and studied the soil.  As the bible says the entire world was covered by water right? or am I wrong on that?  But anyway he studied the soil and found out that neither have ever EVEEEEEEEEER been under water.  Science these days pays off..huh

#43    emma_pen

emma_pen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• A Star Is Just A Star, Until You Make A Wish...
    Blessed Be!

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:02 AM

The Second Ark

In the year 2004, The Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in Canada, and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans." He gave Noah the blueprints, saying, "You have six months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights".

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard .... but no ark.

"Noah", He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah. "But things have changed. I needed a building permit. I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbors claim that I've violated the neighborhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the Development Appeal Board for a decision.

Then Transport Canada and the Departments of Highways and Hydro demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power, trolley and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I argued that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls.

But no go!

When I started gathering the animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. As well, they argued the accommodation was too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then Environment Canada ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew. Also, the trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with Ark building experience.

To make matters worse, the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least ten years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?".

"No", said the Lord. "The Government beat me to it"

Ems

A Star Is Just A Star, Until You Make A Wish...
Blessed Be!

#44    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

emma_pen
    Now that was funny, true, but funny where did you ever find that wonderful satire on the current human condition?

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#45    447Za P2i1

447Za P2i1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

WOW...HAHAHAHA..thats great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users