Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

does anyone believe in guardian angel?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

does anyone still believe in guardian angels? maybe anyone has experiences? i think it is quite rare now...
And where in the Bible is written that every human has a guardian angel?

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#2    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

I believed in them ever since I had this one experience:  I was about 8, and I was trying to get something off of a high shelf(or to me was high tongue.gif).  I accidentaly pulled down a box of tools, and a box cutter(or razor, which ever you prefer to call it original.gif) came blade first on my forehead.  I went to the bathroom to see if I was bleeding, and lo and behold, no blood!  I talked to my mom about it, and she said it was probably a guardian angel.

#3    Baldwin

Baldwin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

I believe in them. I believe in order to experiance contact with them you must be very prepared and experianced in rituals and occult work.

"If you cannot understand this primal script of magick — swallow the whole damn book: then you will obtain astonishing results."  Austin Osman Spare

"We are so much the victims of abstraction that with the Earth in flames we can barely rouse ourselves to wander across the room and look at the thermostat." Terence McKenna

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,384 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

I have a guardian spirit,  sometimes it appears as a horse, sometimes a wolf and at times a woman with a sword.   I disagree with ya,  Baldwin.  Mine can appear at anytime.  I can call it anytime it need it with or without ritual and sometimes it just shows up when I am in need or danger.  Most of the time I see it is in ritual. I figure  it is around all time but I am not aware of it.  I remember one time it flew along in front of my car.  I don't know why it was there: I got home fine.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    Baldwin

Baldwin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

That is very amazing darkwind. I would love to able to see a spirit guardian without ritual work. I have yet to see my own but I have only heard of contact after attaining a certain level of magistery.

"If you cannot understand this primal script of magick — swallow the whole damn book: then you will obtain astonishing results."  Austin Osman Spare

"We are so much the victims of abstraction that with the Earth in flames we can barely rouse ourselves to wander across the room and look at the thermostat." Terence McKenna

#6    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

My religion doesn't accept rituals like that tongue.gif  I'm just curious, Baldwin and Darkwind, what religions are you?  And Baldwin, what kinds of rituals?  I'm rather curious thumbsup.gif

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,384 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:56 AM

I am a Neo Celtic Pagan and many would call me a witch.  Our rituals are not much unlike a Catholic ritual only we have Gods and Goddesses, wine is wine and cake is cake, and we cast a circle.    One of our members wants to go to a Catholic ritual to observe it.  We honor and worship the Earth and the Universe. Much too complicated to explain.   My avatar is a sculpture of one my Gods.  We don't do chicken sacrifices or anything like what people seem to think we do. And  Harry Potter is a fantasy.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#8    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(justejust @ Aug 22 2005, 07:13 AM)
does anyone still believe in guardian angels? maybe anyone has experiences? i think it is quite rare now...

View Post

I really don't know if I have a Guardian Angel or Guardian Spirit or not, but as you may be able to guess by my name, my avatar, my signature, and about everything in my profile, I have a connection to Ravens.  thumbsup.gif

I have a guardian spirit, sometimes it appears as a horse, sometimes a wolf and at times a woman with a sword. I disagree with ya, Baldwin. Mine can appear at anytime. I can call it anytime it need it with or without ritual and sometimes it just shows up when I am in need or danger. Most of the time I see it is in ritual. I figure it is around all time but I am not aware of it. I remember one time it flew along in front of my car. I don't know why it was there: I got home fine.

This is interesting. Do you see a physical manifestation of it, or do you "See" it with your mind? This may be totally unrelated and irrelevant, but whenever I am outside and I look around, I can always find three ravens or crows nearby. Sometimes when I leave the area they will follow. It may just be coincidence, but even if it is, it's nice to know that someone finds you interesting enough to follow all around.

Also, can you "speak" or communicate in any way with this being? I'm starting to get confused between Totem animals, Guardian Spirits, and Guardian Angels.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#9    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,384 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:17 PM

Do you see a physical manifestation of it, or do you "See" it with your mind?

The last time I saw it, it was sitting beside me in ritual, no one else could see it so I guess I was seeing it in my mind, then when meditation started it accompanied me though the visualition. It is not like your ravens and crows that are there for everyone to see.  

Also, can you "speak" or communicate in any way with this being?

Yes, when it came to me at ritual I look down at it and said "Dog?"  He got nifted and answered "Wolf, grrrr."  unsure.gif  

I'm starting to get confused between Totem animals, Guardian Spirits, and Guardian Angels.

I am not sure there is one.  Would not they all be spiritual beings, just different names?  I might be wrong.  That has been known to happen.    

That is cool about the ravens and crows.  Do they ever leave you feathers?  Do you ever give them offerings?  In Celtic tradition Morrgain is associated with crows and ravens.  

When I was registering for college I was standing in a long line and I was getting very tired.  I thought, “Goddess I need strength I can't stand here much longer."  Just then a young man made a disparaging statement about women.  It pissed me off so much that I forgot how tired I was. That is a very Morrgain thing to do as she is a warrior Goddess.   As I was leaving building a crow landed in front of me and stood there, looking at me.  I bowed to him and said "Thank your Mistress for me I am most grateful."  He then flew away.  

Most of the time though when I have a animals hanging about it is snakes.  I see them everywhere I go. Even in town.  I had a woman friend who was very fearful of snakes ask me if I could get them to stay away from her home.  It back fired and she ended up with more snakes. Funny she didn't want to see me after that.  rofl.gif

#10    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Darkwind @ Aug 23 2005, 10:17 AM)
The last time I saw it, it was sitting beside me in ritual, no one else could see it so I guess I was seeing it in my mind, then when meditation started it accompanied me though the visualition. It is not like your ravens and crows that are there for everyone to see. 

Yes, when it came to me at ritual I look down at it and said "Dog?"  He got nifted and answered "Wolf, grrrr."  unsure.gif   

Interesting.  happy.gif
I am not sure there is one.  Would not they all be spiritual beings, just different names?  I might be wrong.  That has been known to happen.

Yes, you are probably right. It all seems to have the same purpose and meaning, anyway, just different interpertations of it.

That is cool about the ravens and crows.  Do they ever leave you feathers?  Do you ever give them offerings?  In Celtic tradition Morrgain is associated with crows and ravens.

I'm not sure if it's any bird in particular but I do find crow feathers quite often, of different sizes. Maybe I find so many because I usually take any stray feathers I find and bring them to my home. No, I don't give them offerings, except I do note that they are there. Maybe I should? wacko.gif   Odin's pets are two ravens, Huginn and Muninn or "Thought" and "Memory" that fly down to Midgard [Earth] and see what men are doing, then report back to him.
When I was registering for college I was standing in a long line and I was getting very tired.  I thought, “Goddess I need strength I can't stand here much longer."  Just then a young man made a disparaging statement about women.  It pissed me off so much that I forgot how tired I was. That is a very Morrgain thing to do as she is a warrior Goddess.   As I was leaving building a crow landed in front of me and stood there, looking at me.  I bowed to him and said "Thank your Mistress for me I am most grateful."  He then flew away.

That is a really cool story. I'm not sure I've experienced anything this cool, but one time during the rain a friend said "Priase Thor!" and just as Thor left his mouth there was a very loud crack of thunder. Even if you're not religious it's still fun to praise the Thunder God as he rides through the clouds on his chariot of goats wielding his hammer.  thumbsup.gif

Most of the time though when I have a animals hanging about it is snakes.  I see them everywhere I go. Even in town.  I had a woman friend who was very fearful of snakes ask me if I could get them to stay away from her home.  It back fired and she ended up with more snakes. Funny she didn't want to see me after that.  rofl.gif

Haha. I've never seen many snakes in the wild before, but I have seen their holes. Maybe it's because of where I live. I am going to Florida sometime in the near future, maybe I'll see some.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,384 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

Ya, Florida is snakey heaven.  When you go in to the woods hiking it is a good idea to have a snake stick (just a plan staff to hit the bushes to let them know you are there) and high top boots.  I only have had one strike at me.  It was on my college campus and it was a cotten mouth.  They tend to be crumpy.

#12    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Darkwind @ Aug 22 2005, 05:56 PM)
I am a Neo Celtic Pagan and many would call me a witch.  Our rituals are not much unlike a Catholic ritual only we have Gods and Goddesses, wine is wine and cake is cake, and we cast a circle.    One of our members wants to go to a Catholic ritual to observe it.  We honor and worship the Earth and the Universe. Much too complicated to explain.   My avatar is a sculpture of one my Gods.  We don't do chicken sacrifices or anything like what people seem to think we do. And  Harry Potter is a fantasy.

View Post

That is pretty cool!  So what do your rituals accomplish?

#13    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,384 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:02 AM

All kinds of things: healing, protection, unity, wisdom, sometimes we just thank the God/dess for the harvest and the help we have received, whatever is needed.  Not much different from any other religion.

Nobody answer the question of the poster if Guardian Angles are in the Bible.  I don't remember seeing anything about it, but then I don't make a study of the Bible. We need a Christian for that.

#14    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:23 AM

You're right, your rituals really aren't all that different than us Christians praying to God thumbsup.gif Praying is actually a form of ritual, isn't it?  I heard that from somewhere hmm.gif

Here's the answer to the topic starter's question:

III.  WHAT ABOUT GUARDIAN ANGELS?

A.  Catholic Definition:  Not in Bible.

-Guardian angel:  “That every individual soul has a guardian angel has never been defined by the Church, and is, consequently, not an article of faith; but it is the “mind of the Church”, as St. Jerome expressed it: “how great the dignity of the soul, since each one has from his birth an angel commissioned to guard it.” (Comm. in Matt., xviii, lib. II). –Catholic Encyclopedia

B.  Angels, who are in the Presence of God, are Interested in us – Matt. 18:10.

1.  Sympathetic to the fortunes of men (rejoice when sinners repent, Lk. 15:10).

2.  Concerned for our salvation – 1 Pet. 1:12.

3.  Serve the people of God as they are sent forth by God to accomplish His will & work on our behalf – Heb. 1:14 (fellow servants, Rev. 22:9).

4.  Why not start a conversation about guardian angels with:  "Did you know the term ‘guardian angel’ is not in the Bible?"

Conclusion

1.  The gospel has brought us into the presence of “an innumerable company of angels” – Heb. 12:22-23.

2.  The angels will be present when Jesus either confesses or denies knowing you – Lk. 12:8-9.

3.  Confess & worship Jesus now – follow the example of the angels!  Rev. 7:11-12

Source

#15    GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

• From Heaven and Back

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(justejust @ Aug 22 2005, 08:13 PM)

View Post

i believe in Guardian Angel grin2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users