Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jesus = Original Gangsta

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:55 AM

i don't have my bible handy at the moment but i remember a story where jesus tells his disciples (traveling with 5 i believe) to go and get weapons, and to sell their clothes if they have to. the disciples reply that they have 2 swords and jesus says that is enough.

when jesus is arrested in the garden of gethsamene(sp) what does peter do? he cuts off the ear of a roman soldier.

any chance they weren't disciples so much as they were armed bodyguards?

Posted Image

#2    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• A friend will bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend will be in jail with you saying 'let's do that again!'

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:57 AM

A little of both I think! Very interesting comment though.  But I think that there main reason for being with Jesus was to help him spread his word.

#3    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

but did they really do this, or was it just after his death? they could have just been trying to gain fame for themselves, hence all the fueding between the early churches

and how much of christianity is based on myth and total b.s. anyway

well, like the site is called, i'm sure this will always be an unsolved mystery

Posted Image

#4    RaginCajun

RaginCajun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

• "People ask for criticism, but they only want praise."
    - W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:06 AM

check this link it explains some more on his body guard:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1120921538

Edited by RaginCajun, 29 August 2005 - 06:53 AM.

Apocalypse: I am the rocks of the eternal shore; Crash against me and be broken!
::Gambit crashes his jet into Apocalypse::

Jean: Jubilee, we come into this world alone -- and we leave the same way... The time we spend in between... time spent alive, sharing, learning... together... is all that makes life worth living. Uncanny X-Men  #303

#5    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:12 AM

i would check it out, but i got bunk ass dial up (technical term) and it was taking forever, but from the header it reminds me of something from the bob and tom show, where some guest said arnold should play jesus because of his catchphrases. funny stuff.

Posted Image

#6    ~*S.T.R.*~

~*S.T.R.*~

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• A friend will bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend will be in jail with you saying 'let's do that again!'

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:20 AM

I think that was the funniest thing I have ever seen.  Everyone must chech that out! LOL

#7    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

Quality linkage thumbsup.gif

And to answer the original post, it's an interesting point.  I can't think of a passage where Jesus tells them to buy weapons (though that doesn't mean it's not there........).  I think Jesus' messages of love dispel the idea that he was a homeboy hanging out with his hoods.  But that's just my opinion.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#8    SoLLiZ

SoLLiZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(Paranoid Android @ Aug 28 2005, 03:09 AM)
Quality linkage thumbsup.gif

And to answer the original post, it's an interesting point.  I can't think of a passage where Jesus tells them to buy weapons (though that doesn't mean it's not there........).  I think Jesus' messages of love dispel the idea that he was a homeboy hanging out with his hoods.  But that's just my opinion.

Regards, PA

View Post

lol, the gangsta aspect is just my own warped sense of humor.

but he was from the line of david right? the line of kings? and with rome controling the area, maybe he feared he was a target? i'm just bringing up the bodyguard aspect out of curiosity and to see what other people think about it.

Posted Image

#9    Claizen

Claizen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

• "A Freudian Slip is saying one word, but meaning your mother." Lol.

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:51 AM

I thought that Jesus disaproved of Peter's violence at the end.

#10    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

A revolutionary/rebel against the establishment, yes. Gangsta? Hmm, no.

Posted Image

#11    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:14 PM

A revolutionary/rebel against the establishment

Don't think so, this is the man that said the law would not change by a tit or tittle.  Doesn't sound revolutionary/rebel to me, more like "status quo"!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#12    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

My ass it's staus quo. There's a difference between God's law and man's law. Jesus had no time for man's law, no matter how glazed over it appear to coincide with God's law. And it was man's law, not God's, that Jesus revolutionized.

Posted Image

#13    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

The law Jesus referred to (or at least the fictional words that the author of the gospel, a non-witness writing long after the last witness died, had him speak) referred to Moses law, the law given by G-d to his people.  I said status quo and that is what I meant.  Doesn't matter anyway, mythology is just mythology.  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#14    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

I think it's a matter of the letter of the Law vs. the spirit of the Law, which is why Jesus maintained that the Law could be summed up as Love God, Love your neighbour.  (though I am getting off topic here - sorry)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#15    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

Being tha He was the Messiah and Son of God, keping the laws of Moses, i.e. God's law, is exactly what He would do no?

The Hebrew people had elaborated on those laws, to suit themselves, and it was that He changed and criticized them for. No doubt if He were to return today, He'd sa much the same about every single denomination of Christianity.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users